Oh my god! Run, it's the Sequels!!!

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

streetrw wrote:The Horse Is Dead. Stop Flogging It.
Mel Gibson and Danny Glover have reportedly signed up to star in a fifth Lethal Weapon movie.

The actors are said to be in negotiations for Lethal Weapon 5 - ten years after the release of the fourth installment of the action franchise.

Director Richard Donner, who oversaw all four of the previous films, last year revealed that he was ready to make another movie - as long as Gibson agreed.

And now it looks as if the picture could finally get the green light.

A source tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "Lethal Weapon 5 is a go. Mel and Danny are back. The script is fabulous!"
Normally would agree with you, but if Shane Black has written the script then I'm there.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Count Drunkula
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Count Drunkula »

Scary horror flick The Strangers is not even released in the UK yet but work has already begun on the sequel.

The film stars Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman as a couple who are terrorised at home by psychotic masked teenagers. It was a sleeper hit in the US and Rogue Pictures are now planning a follow up.

The second film is expected to see writer/director Bryan Bertino return - but it is not yet known whether the original cast members will make an appearance or if it will feature a new couple for the teenagers to terrorise.
Strangers is released in the UK on October 29.
Frylock: You know what tonight is?
Carl: Yeah the night I'm downloading p[i]o[/i]rn at 14 kilobytes a second!
Carl: Ha! I'm just kidding. I got a cable modem back here.
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Streets of Fire sequel - The Road to Hell

Post by Notts Pete »

Holy crap, this Streets of Fire pseudo-sequel abomination thingy is actually happening.

Here are links to an article over at Fangoria as well as the movie's official website (complete with cast and production photos)

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=7211
http://www.roadtohellmovie.com/road_to_hell

Sheesh, with all their money and clout, can't Universal step in and do anything about this? If that's meant to be Ellen Aim behind that big microphone, then I'm Brad Pitt's better-looking older brother. And who replaced Cody's sister with one of the Gravedancers?

This can't be right, can it ?
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

This as the artricle says, might not quite be the Evil Dead remake you were expecting...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38246

Personally I think this is a much better idea than a pointless straight remake. But can Bruce sing? Even if he can;t I'm sure he's better than Pierce Brosnan :D
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

I'd probably still pay to see it... :wink:

Can you imagine the associated reality TV show though - How do you solve a problem like the rabid undead coming for you they just won't leave you alone dammit go away AAARRGGHH!

Hosted by Graeme Norton and John Barrowman (in character as Jack so he can emote with the undead), camp level so high it makes some competitors literally explode...

:D
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Oh my god! Run, it's the Sequels!!!

Post by Wolfshade »

lupogirl wrote:
Cars 2: We spotted this on AintItCool – is Pixar really looking to make a sequel to its weakest film? Apparently so…
ha, Cars is actually my favourite Pixar film.

how can you not love Mater?!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Exclusive: News On The 1982 Remake Of The Thing

By George 'El Guapo' Roush on September 12, 2008

Today to I spoke to director Marc Abraham whose new movie, “Flash of Genius” is coming out soon. But he's not known for directing. he's know for producing. One of his future projects is a remake of the 1982 horror classic “John Carpenter's The Thing.”

I asked Marc how can you possibly top the 1982 version and whether or not it is a remake or a sequel. This was his reply:

"This is more of a prequel than a sequel, there is your exclusive. Its going to be taking place in the same time frame."

So I asked him if we are going to find out the origins of the alien and it landing on earth and he said:

“These are the events leading up to the 1982 film.”

As most of you know, "The Thing" is a 1982 science fiction and horror film directed by John Carpenter, and starred Kurt Russell.

The film is about a shape-shifting alien that is revived after being frozen in ice. The alien infiltrates a scientific research station in the Antarctic and kills a Norwegian research team. A nearby American research team investigates the incident and is in turn infiltrated by the alien. Blood, gore and a head with spider legs ensue.

So this means that we get to find out what Norwegian research team went through!!

This is really exciting news as long as they get the story and casting great, this doesn’t sound like a remake but a whole new story leading up to the 1982 version.

Excited? I sure am. Unfortunately I only had a few minutes with the guy so I couldn't ask him anything else on it, but this is pretty good news for fans of the John Carpenter version.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclus ... thing-5373
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Scream 4 (2010)
The 4th film has been announced by The Weinstein Company, who confirmed it was developing a fourth installment of the horror franchise and will start filming in the start of 2009.

The press release described the film as "re-starting the Scream franchise", which has been regarded as indication of a new cast and the concept of further films to be produced in the future.

Jamie Kennedy has since told iFMagazine that he may reprise his role as Randy Meeks in the fourth film, despite his character having previous been killed off in the second film. He also claimed that the rest of the cast would be a mixture of new characters with "old faces that you wouldn’t believe", and that the film will only go ahead with the involvement of director Wes Craven. In another interview, Kennedy revealed that Bob Weinstein wants everyone to return, saying "Bob wants us all to return for another film... I don't know how I'd return, but he wants me back."

In a recent interview with tentative script writer Michael T. Kennedy, he revealed that most of the old characters, including Sidney Prescott, have been written into the script, and that it would be the last film to feature them.

According to IMDb (The Internet Movie Database) the movie will be released 2010. In a recent interview, Wes Craven confirmed that there had been contact with his agent, and stated "I'm not saying no".

Links to other Scream 4 news
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/jul ... s.culture2
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a111 ... eam-4.html
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a114 ... eam-4.html
http://www.moviehole.net/200814335-scre ... ribe-talks
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262416/
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Exclusive: News On The 1982 Remake Of The Thing

By George 'El Guapo' Roush on September 12, 2008

Today to I spoke to director Marc Abraham whose new movie, “Flash of Genius” is coming out soon. But he's not known for directing. he's know for producing. One of his future projects is a remake of the 1982 horror classic “John Carpenter's The Thing.”

I asked Marc how can you possibly top the 1982 version and whether or not it is a remake or a sequel. This was his reply:

"This is more of a prequel than a sequel, there is your exclusive. Its going to be taking place in the same time frame."

So I asked him if we are going to find out the origins of the alien and it landing on earth and he said:

“These are the events leading up to the 1982 film.”

As most of you know, "The Thing" is a 1982 science fiction and horror film directed by John Carpenter, and starred Kurt Russell.

The film is about a shape-shifting alien that is revived after being frozen in ice. The alien infiltrates a scientific research station in the Antarctic and kills a Norwegian research team. A nearby American research team investigates the incident and is in turn infiltrated by the alien. Blood, gore and a head with spider legs ensue.

So this means that we get to find out what Norwegian research team went through!!

This is really exciting news as long as they get the story and casting great, this doesn’t sound like a remake but a whole new story leading up to the 1982 version.

Excited? I sure am. Unfortunately I only had a few minutes with the guy so I couldn't ask him anything else on it, but this is pretty good news for fans of the John Carpenter version.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclus ... thing-5373

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

One of my fave top 3 films ever :(
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Suspiria remake.

Not in the mood to do a link, but read on Dread Central that it will be written and directed by the director of Pineapple Express and various indie dramas. An interesting choice.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Some of these are bad ideas. The rest of them are very bad ideas.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/blockbus ... -sill.html
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Universal, Verbinski redo 'Host'

Universal Pictures and Gore Verbinski will remake the 2006 Bong Joon-ho-directed Korean thriller "The Host," with commercials director Fredrik Bond making his feature helming debut and Mark Poirier ("Smart People") to pen the script.

Story follows a town terrorized by a giant mutant squidlike creature hatched by toxins that flow into a nearby river from a military base. When the creature grabs a little girl, her dysfunctional family must band together to rescue her.

Verbinski will produce with Vertigo's Roy Lee and Doug Davison, along with Paul Brooks.

The film, originally titled "Gwoemul," did record-breaking business in its theatrical run in South Korea.

Bond has directed campaigns for Nike, Adidas and Levi's. He and Verbinski had been looking for a project to do together, and Bond said he embraced the opportunity to mix a larger-than-life monster with a heartfelt family drama.

"It processes a few genres together, and visually it feels close to the stuff I've made over the last few years in commercials, the tonality of humor and the scale," Bond said.

Verbinski set up the project through Blind Wink Prods., the company he formed at Universal, where he is developing to direct an adaptation of the vidgame "Bioshock."
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... id=13&cs=1
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Norrington flies with 'Crow' franchise
Filmmaker to write, direct reinvention of series
By MICHAEL FLEMING

“The Crow” will fly again
Stephen Norrington has signed on to write and direct a reinvention of “The Crow,” based on the comic created by James O’Barr.

Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media is negotiating with producer Ed Pressman to acquire the film franchise and finance the film.

Pressman produced the 1994 Alex Proyas-directed screen transfer, in which rock musician Eric Draven is murdered trying to rescue his girlfriend from thugs, and returns from the dead one year later to exact vengeance. Though the original became a gothic-style hit that grossed nearly $100 million worldwide, it is primarily remembered for a tragic accident in which star Brandon Lee was killed during filming.

For Norrington, “The Crow” deal marks the end of a long screen sabbatical. After making his breakthrough with the Marvel Comics hero “Blade,” Norrington took on a big-budget comic transfer with “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” Neither the director nor his star, Sean Connery, has made a film since.

Norrington said he felt demoralized by that experience, and the accomplished sculptor spent the next five years writing and working on his art. He made a deal to direct “Clash of the Titans” for Warner Bros., but left the project, he said, because he was “unable to excite Warner Bros. with my take, or influence the screenplay to any comfortable extent.” That pic goes into production early next year with Louis Leterrier at the helm.

Norrington resolved to focus on independent projects, and sparked to an approach on “The Crow” from Relativity production chief Tucker Tooley and Pressman. Norrington had a relationship with Pressman when they came close to making “Mutant Chronicles” several years ago. Both embraced Norrington’s vision of the antihero, which Norrington said will be different than the film Proyas made.

“Whereas Proyas’ original was gloriously gothic and stylized, the new movie will be realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style,” Norrington told Daily Variety.

Norrington is repped by Endeavor

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... =1350&cs=1
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

'New Moon' Casting News: Michael Copon, Ben Barnes Push For Roles In 'Twilight' SequelCopon is hoping to replace Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black, while Barnes aims for mind-reading vampire Aro.
By Larry Carroll

When Bella Swan moved to Forks, Washington, she found her whole life in upheaval. The embittered teenager was forced to replace her old friends with new ones and found her everyday comforts replaced by uncertainty, doubt and fear for the future.

These days, "Twilight" fans are feeling closer to their heroine than they ever thought possible.

Following last week's dismissal and replacement of Catherine Hardwicke, this weekend began with a press release from Summit Entertainment officially appointing "New Moon" director Chris Weitz to the job. Suspicious in its omission of Taylor Lautner, the release seemed to all but confirm Twilighter whispers that Hardwicke won't be the last "Twilight" talent replaced before the sequel.

So where does the series go from here?

MTV News can confirm that 26-year-old "Scorpion King 2" actor Michael Copon [pronounced "COPE-on"] is one of several actors Weitz is considering to play the new, larger Jacob Black. A representative for Copon told us that they're making a full effort to land the high-profile gig. And in a bit of 21st-century self-publicity, the actor has even recently updated his Facebook status with messages like: "Michael Copon [is] in a Twilight Zone!" and "Michael Copon is the older Jacob Black!"

Copon's representative confirmed to MTV News that the Facebook page is run by the actor himself and that those are indeed his words.

Approached for comment on Lautner's omission from the "New Moon" press release, Summit confirmed that it was not a typographical error. "The casting decision in regards to the character Jacob Black has yet to be made," a representative told MTV News.

But even once Copon (or whoever else) is officially announced as the new Jacob, Weitz still has many other key casting decisions to make and an extremely brief amount of time in which to make them. With barely 12 weeks until cameras are due to begin rolling, the "Golden Compass" filmmaker needs to find faces to portray several key characters — including the peace-keeping, Italian vampires known as the Volturi.

With the buzz building for these roles, MTV News has confirmed that 27-year-old "Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" heartthrob Ben Barnes is throwing his hat into the ring. The actor is already quite popular with the "Twilight" fanbase and shares the same manager as both Copon and "Twilight" star Cam Gigandet. Barnes is believed to be campaigning for the role of Aro, a mind-reading vampire whose "New Moon" encounter with Edward and Bella helps shape their destiny together.

Where does the "Twilight" franchise go from here? At the moment, the only person who knows is Weitz himself. Stay tuned to MTV News for the very latest on Copon, Barnes and any other names yet to emerge.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml