Ay up me duck of the Dead

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
ayupmeduck
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Ay up me duck of the Dead

Post by ayupmeduck »

The first few scenes are in the can!

Many thanks to everyone who has signed up for the Zombie auditions in Nottingham on Saturday 12th September in the Image bar. We're shooting a few scenes in there tonight, but look forward to meeting you next Saturday if you can't make it this evening.

Zombies are still required for the some of the exterior scenes in and around the Lace Market in Nottingham on Saturday 27th September, so if you're interested in playing a part, please see the website for more details.

http://www.ayupmeduckofthedead.co.uk

We've also uploaded the latest development diary to our YouTube page for your enjoyment.

Get your Zombie on.........
Last edited by ayupmeduck on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This week I will be mainly making a zombie film.
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

Didn't check my messages until it was too late on Tuesday, would've loved to come along and see what you were up to.
Hope you guys managed to get done what you wanted in Image etc. I've had a look at the latest production diaries and it looks like you're putting a lot of effort in and doing a grand job!

We'll definitely be along on Saturday to learn more about the movie and offer our support and good wishes. Going to try and convince Grindhouse to come over for the day as well - she'd make a striking zombie & has some great ideas for her zombie alter-ego.
Not sure if I'm brave (or talented) enough to pull-off a convincing zombie - though I had considering turning up in my flat cap and mac (or my Unlucky Alf outfit as Grindy calls it) & dragging a zombied-up greyhound on a length of rope - but my Sister seems reluctant to let me borrow her pet Lurcher for the day, can't imagine why? :)

Anyway, good luck for now & see you on Saturday!
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
ayupmeduck
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ayupmeduck »

Yes, Saturday was great. Up at 5am to film and then even better meeting the potential zombies at lunchtime. The Evening Post in Nottingham are running a feature on us in Tuesday's edition of the paper after attending the zombie meet in Image.

We're now in the process of sorting out all of the application forms and matching your pictures to zombie roles, so look out for an email this week containing more details of what you'll be doing on the day of the shoot.

If you didn't make the meet and want to appear in some of the exterior scenes, please make sure that you send us a photo asap. contactus@ayupmeduckofthedead.co.uk
ayupmeduck
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ayupmeduck »

All zombie roles have now been cast.

Thanks to everyone who is getting up at the crack of dawn on Sunday for some of the street scenes!
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

Looking forward to Sunday.

We had a Shaun of the Dead/Dawn/Zombie Flesheaters triple-bill the other night to see if we could pick-up any pointers to improve our undead performances :)
Now trying to decide on a jeans/t-shirt combo or a pale-grey suit and briefcase for a better class of more upwardly-mobile zombie? :D
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

Just to quickly say thanks to Steve and the team for such a fun day's shooting yesterday.
Despite the very early start, we all had a brilliant time lurching around various parts of the city. Don't think I heard one person moan about anything all day.
Shame our leading actress was ill and couldn't do her scenes - but on the plus side, that means we're gonna get to zombie it up again over the next couple of weekends, YAY!!!

Grindy, if you and Firestarter are free for the extra shoots on the date we were talking about, I can't stress enough just how much fun was - go on, you know you want to :)

Oh, and the 'blood' tasted absolutely gorgeous!
ayupmeduck
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ayupmeduck »

We were so pleased that everyone had such a great time! It all started so badly with the leading lady going down with zombieitus, but we got through it due to some great acting from the zombies!

It was also great to hear so many fantastic ideas, some of which were acted out and will make their way into the final version of the film.

A true community project that made it so enjoyable for us as well!

Even the girl from the BBC had a great time... :)

We'll be sending out another email soon with a new date for filming the final scenes that our leading lady missed last week.

You'll have the chance to get your zombie on again!

Oh and we were asked for a facebook page so here it is: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000370863990[/url]
ayupmeduck
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ayupmeduck »

And we now have our first teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/user/ayupmeduckofthedead