TONY - Speical Preview Screening - Friday 29th Jan

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

TONY - Speical Preview Screening - Friday 29th Jan

Post by rawshark »

Blatant plug I know, for which sorry, but this is one UK horror film that you should really catch.

TONY (London Serial Killer) is released in Cinemas on February 5th (as well as Sky Box Office, iTunes, LOVEFiLM and FILMFLEX) and the DVD (with two short films and commentary) will be released the following Monday 8th February.

However, this Friday (29th), there will be a special preview screening of the film at Empire Cinema, Leicester Square in Screen 1 at 11.30pm - the venue we all enjoyed so much at last August's FrightFest.

The screening has been advertised through SeeFilmFirst, and I know some of you already have tickets for this through there, but there are more tickets available should anyone want to come down.

The director Gerard Johnson and lead actor Peter Ferdinando will be in attendance.

To book tickets, visit the Empire Cinemas website at;
http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/index.ph ... =29/1/2010

For more information on the film, and to see the trailer, visit the official website at www.tonythemovie.com

The impressive debut feature from Gerard Johnson, Tony has already drawn favourable comparisons to Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer and Taxi Driver, and is one of the most original and disturbing British films of recent years.

Unemployed and unemployable, Tony is an alienated psychopath with severe social problems, an obsession for action films and a horrible moustache. The monotony of his life is interrupted only by his nervous attempts to make friends, which are invariably rebuffed by laughter or contempt. Occasionally he snaps, and violence is the result…

Featuring a star-making lead performance from Peter Ferdinando, Tony is dark, brutal, yet bleakly amusing and will stay with you long after you finish watching.
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: TONY - Speical Preview Screening - Friday 29th Jan

Post by nekro »

watched the trailer and wasn't really impressed, looks like something guy ritchie would make. it's got that terrible actor ricky groves(?) in it
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Do you mean Ricky Grover? I thought the trailer was great - the really creepy tone that comes across that you just don't get with many horror films of late. It's definitely not like a Guy Ritchie movie (wrong genre for a start). It's awesome! Highly recommend seeing it :-)
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I liked what I saw in the trailer too. Tonights screening is too late for me, but I'll definitely check out the DVD...
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

It's on my rentals list!
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

The screening went down a treat last night - cast and director in attendance (as well as some very keen fans who couldn't STOP asking questions during the Q&A). Another Q&A after the screening on Friday 5th Feb at the Curzon Soho - well worth a watch! :-)
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

We now have three more Q&A screenings of TONY over the weekend with director and lead actor;

Fri 5th Feb - Curzon Soho - 6.30pm
Fri 5th Feb - Rio Dalston - 11.15pm
Sun 7th Feb - Ritzy Brizton - 2.20pm

Or of course you can also watch it at home from Friday 5th via Sky Box Office / iTunes / FilmFlex or LOVEFiLM.

Or wait until Monday 8th Feb for the DVD containing two exclusive short films from director Gerard Johnson (inc the short 'Tony' that led to the feature being made) and a commentary from Gerard, producer Dan McCulloch and lead actor Peter "Tony" Ferdinando...
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Oh, and if any of you have ever fancied visiting PASAJE DEL TERROR in the Trocadero, we have a competition to win tickets to a screening at the venue on Tuesday 9th Feb.

Gerard and Peter will introduce a free screening of the film at the venue, before a trip through the venue with food and drinks to be served in the bar after the experience..

Enter here at;
http://www.tonythemovie.com/uk/competitions.php
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Finally caught up with this over the weekend and loved it - surprised at how hilarious I found the character of Tony, always trying to get people to watch his 80's action collection on VHS before dispacting them! One complaint - it's a bit too short!
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

I managed to catch this last week on pay per view. Must say I was pleasantly surprised by the film. True it is low budget but I think that this adds to the general creepiness of the film. Some trily shocking moments and the central performance was excellent.
ladyXzombina
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ladyXzombina »

Bought this film while on a shopping trip to london, me and my other half really got into it, but were a little disapointed at the abrupt ending. Would have been great if it continued..sequel?
"Some people prefer the finer things in life, but i'm alright just hanging out with the ghost of vincent price"