Scariest Horror Scenes

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Horrorshow
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Scariest Horror Scenes

Post by Horrorshow »

Hey guys,

I'd like to know your favourite scary horror scenes! and why?

here are some of mine, more coming soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R2r_EuqGkI
ladyXzombina
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Scariest Horror Scenes

Post by ladyXzombina »

Ok guys, these two extend from my youth..1,dolly dearest..the part where it is revealed that she is alive and is sitting on a computer chair (that grimace.. :shock: ) and 2, anything to do with IT (i admit i have coulrophobia)
"Some people prefer the finer things in life, but i'm alright just hanging out with the ghost of vincent price"
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

The kids in The Brood, that terrified me, still does even now.

And the door slamming in The Entity as the poltergeist attacks her and you can see what looks like invisible hand prints pressing into her naked skin.

I do like a good scary movie, the more jumps the better
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

The last couple of minutes of The Blair Witch Project (had that in my head for weeks after it, and I didn't want it there!); the bit in The Haunting with the two women trapped in the bedroom, amazing what Robert Wise could do with a flickering candle and some flock wallpaper; Dana Andrews trying to escape the woods in Curse of the Demon. Those are just a few.
Last edited by MaxRenn on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
refuseliam
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by refuseliam »

My all time scariest horror scene has to be in 'Exorcist III: Legion'. About half way during the movie, a nurse walks into a room. The scene stays until the nurse walks out of the room, locks the door. Following her is a tall person with a white sheet holding a large pair of scissors (or some sort of medical instrument.) Also, another scene where a psychiatric patient is crawling on the ceiling. Get's me everytime! A very underrated horror movie.
Add me on Facebook (I'm a social networking whore); http://www.facebook.com/refuseliam
ladyXzombina
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ladyXzombina »

refuseliam wrote:My all time scariest horror scene has to be in 'Exorcist III: Legion'. About half way during the movie, a nurse walks into a room. The scene stays until the nurse walks out of the room, locks the door. Following her is a tall person with a white sheet holding a large pair of scissors (or some sort of medical instrument.) Also, another scene where a psychiatric patient is crawling on the ceiling. Get's me everytime! A very underrated horror movie.
I TOTALLY AGREE, i remember watching this on vhs many a moon ago, and that bit really gave me the creeps!!
"Some people prefer the finer things in life, but i'm alright just hanging out with the ghost of vincent price"
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

The last 10 minutes of Noroi: The Curse, that boys face didn't leave my mind alone for days. There's some other scenes in the movie they just freak me out, one of my faves.

The elevator scene in Hideo Nakatas Dark Water, the surprise, the shivers down my spine and the after thought of this scene have never left me. *Shudders*

The gurney scene from Jacobs Ladder, not so much the gore in this one but along the line of not being able to move and going deeper into madness.

I like my horror psyhological and atmospheric, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Dark Water was probably the one film that got me interested in Japanese horror.

Scary bits, hmmmm

Drag Me To Hell as the demon is in the house and the shadow appears under the door and appears to work it's way into the room and she backs away towards the window and it's outside, looking in at her. That was an "off the sofa" moment for me, much to Gemmas amusement.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
itchysore
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by itchysore »

great post, for me tis the scary bits in horrors i love the most and they are so rare these days, so ill be hunting down any ive not seen that get a mention here :)

mine have gotta be:

The elevator scene and the art class scene from the Japanese "Eye", mainly down to the sound design i think.

TV bit from the original "Ring", just didnt see it coming

The reveal of the attic thing in "REC" , she just seemed so inhuman.

The black faceless nun in the rocking chair from Armchair thriller in the 70s

Lingering creepy's, blair witch, Kairo and wolf creeks head on a stick
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Possibly a strange one but this is from the film Legend, when Lili enters Darkness' castle and she starts dancing with a faceless hullicination(?), just wigged me out as a kid.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011