An Open Letter To GoreZone Magazine

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: An Open Letter To GoreZone Magazine

Post by steve806 »

Hi All

Have just read the comments responding to Jamie's blog and the posts by the team behind gorezone.

So just to check if I am up to speed, either:

Dangerous Jamie wrote a fairly innocuous blog where he expressed his general view regarding a genre magazine and made some specific points relating to content and what he perceived to be poor spelling and grammar and how this had discouraged him from reading the magazine.

In response a large number of Gorezone supporters made a determined effort to invent ever more glorious insults to hurl at Jamie and made a more determined effort to back up Jamie's argument regarding spelling and grammar by claiming these mistakes did not exist whilst failing to notice their own posts showed all the gramatical skill of the average hamster.

As this all seemed in danger of spinning out of control a Gorezone sub editor joined in with a well reasoned and passionate response in support of his magazine and perhaps it seemed calm would be restored. Unfortunately he followed this up with a second post saying something along the lines of 'Jamie is a big fat poo bucket who smells of wee' and chaos again insued.

Meanwhile a bunch of gentlemen who run a genre magazine and should be applauded for their efforts in promoting horror and sticking their necks and for all I know their mortgages on the line (whether you like the magazine or not I applaud the intention) massively overeacted to what I thought was a reasonable balanced blog by Jamie and insisted that if he could not prove he didnt have Weapons of Mass Destruction they would invade.... sorry wrong bunch of guys, I will start again. Massively overeacted - cont in part 2
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by steve806 »

by issuing all sorts of legal threats and claiming Jamie is part of some machiavellian plot to bring down Gorezone. What I find rather amusing about this is that a group of people who make critical remarks about other peoples work on a monthly basis through the vehicle of their film and DVD reviews are so appalled when they are on the other end of the criticism.

Or:

Dangerous Jamie is a well earned moniker as he is a deadly agent of his puppetmasters who are waging a terrible war against Gorezone.

Jamie's blog is just the latest in a long line of atrocities he has committed in support of his masters cause. Jamie and his fellow agents (we know who you are soulmining, Sherbert Bizarre and streetrw) are determined to squash all opposition to the mighty FF and will stop at nothing to keep the valiant Gorezone down.

After all, if you guys dont succeed then Gorezone's weekend of horrors will continue to beat FF to such classics as 'Bikini Girls on Ice'.

Okay, that last paragraph was probably uncalled for - again I genuinely applaud the guys for trying and who knows, if they keep it going their reputation may grow and they will get better films and you know what, good luck to them.

But seriously the guys that run Gorezone do themselves no favours with their ridiculous over reaction to a bit of criticism and if you have read the comments in response to his blog like me you will probably be saddened that a large majority of those supporting Gorezone have resorted to calling everyone who disagrees with them a poo head whilst most of those in support of Jamie seem polite and well reasoned. Or maybe all the Gorezone supporting replies where posted by Dangerous Jamie in an attempt to paint Gorezone readers .... okay I'll stop.
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

That is hilarious. I particularly liked Bryn's moniker of '666' that charcter was wicked funny!
"The little pissed Welsh tit is here. And pissed"
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by steve806 »

Nearly done.....

I admit my 3 posts are a bit ridiculous but frankly this whole situation is a bit ridiculous, unfortunately I fear the Gorezone guys have gone a bit too far to back down and admit that on reflection they overeacted just a tad.

Oh and while I am here:

Streetrw we are kindred spirits - as long as you want to keep saying Devils Rejects is utter rubbish I will continue to support you even though we seem to be pretty much alone in this view.
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

Nah Devils Rejects was rubbish. So you're not alone.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

PeterPan wrote:Nah Devils Rejects was rubbish. So you're not alone.
Hated it too, shall we form a club?
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Devils Rejects is the only Rob Zombie film I like... :) I loved the ending :D
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

All you Devils Rejects haters smell of poo & wee and I've alerted Mr Zombies lawyer to your slanderous comments right here... :evil:
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

sherbetbizarre wrote:All you Devils Rejects haters smell of poo & wee and I've alerted Mr Zombies lawyer to your slanderous comments right here... :evil:
Bring it on! While Zombie's painstakingly cueing up Freebird I shall kick him in the nads and run away.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Devils Rejects is the only decent film Rob has done so far :mrgreen:

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

I liked it, I didn't hate his take on Halloween but it was a big film to take on, damned if you add too much of your own spin to it and damned if you just do a like for like remake.

Anyway back to the subject in hand, i'm thinking a communal burning of Gorezone on the streets of Glasgow, I can see us all huddled round a bin shouting "throw more copies of issue 52 on there, it's the biggest issue yet (12 pages*)"

* - 12 pages as in how many pages are actually taken up with anything remotely horror orientated.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

Probably better just to burn some of 'tard fans of the magazine. With all the wood between their ears it'll last longer.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Or subject them to a spelling test. Then if you fail, you get burned alive.

We could film it, get a dvd release

And they would give it 5 sarts, sorry I mean stars.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Having taken another look at the thread, I think it's interesting that the ostensibly pro-GZ posters are the ones making GZ look bad. But I'd personally be wary of hammering away at GZ readers with destructive rather than constructive criticism. Not because of any libel action, but because it's too easy to sink to that level of personal comment (burn them!) when it really should be about the issues (standards of proofreading, pandering to a hooter-obsessive demographic, pro-censorship). A dick-showing contest is only a dick-showing contest if both parties are showing. If one party just stands back and watches with a kind of faintly amused contempt, then the other one looks all the more ridiculous.

Actually I'm kind of disappointed that I've not been threatened with legal action after I slagged his so-called movie off last month. :)
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Jim Fear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jim Fear »

I think it's quite telling that all the anti-Jamie and 'legal' comments have ceased now that someone has asked why a lot of the IP addresses are the same and where the lawyer girl studied. Am I the only one that think thats strange?