Johannes Roberts' "F" getting UK distribution

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Johannes Roberts' "F" getting UK distribution

Post by Notts Pete »

Jsut read over on bloody-disgusting that 'F', the latest film from Johannes Roberts is being picked up by Optimum for UK distribution.

I'm really happy to hear this - I caught 'F' at the Bloodlines Festival in Leicester the other month and thoroughly enjoyed it. Johannes himself describes it as 'Assault on Precinct 13' meets 'Ils' and I think that's a perfect description. I has a fantastic central performance by David Schofield as a school teacher at the end of his tether who has to battle a gang of mysterious, murderous Hoodies one night in his desterted school. It has a good supporting cast, including Neil Marhall fave Emma Cleasby and a neat Goblin-esque score too.

When he introduced the film at the Phoenix, Johannes seemed a bit worn-down by his problems finding fundng and distribution and wasn't overly confident of it ever being seen by a wider audience - though fellow top-chappie Jake West was on hand to offer encouragement and praise the film as well.

Anyway, if Optimum put 'F' out on the big screen, I'd urge folks to do their best to catch there - otherwise, if not then add it to your DVD-to-see list.
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Johannes Roberts' "F" getting UK distribution

Post by rawshark »

I agree - a very impressive film...

The 'Hoodies' look amazing on screen I was chatting to SFX guy Dan Martin on a couple of tricks they used to create them. Definitely look out for this one...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?