Black Death Screening

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Black Death Screening

Post by kimblebee »

So, what did everyone think?

It really exceeded my expectations - with so many of these historical battle films out at the moment (Robin Hood, Soloman Kane, Centurion), I was expecting to be a bit jaded by the time I got to Black Death, but I found it incredibly refreshing (and it knocked the socks off Robin Hood, which I saw only a couple of days before this!).

It was great to see a film that was fairly accurate in it's portrayal of a grim social and historical event, and one that wasn't afraid to be dark. What stood out for me more than anything was the level of development of the characters - the relationships between them were believable, without unnecessary exposition.

It was good to see Chris Smith trying something a bit different to straight horror, he has well and truly proved he is worth his salt with this one :-)
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Black Death Screening

Post by Laymonite »

I thought it was really good too. Not what I was expecting, I thought it was going to be a big battle film but it wasn't really. Sort of a medieval Wicker Man.

Like yer man up on stage said, he only had about three lines but his character still stood out. Often in these films where all the men have long hair and beards, they all look the same and you can't tell them apart. Not the case here.

I still like Creep as Chris Smith's bestest film, but this is his best since.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Just want to add my tuppence worth. Black Death is Chris's most mature film to date. Great character development and although not a horror film as such, some good gore.

Just added the footage from the event to FrightFest TV.

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/blackdeathpremie.html
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

I really enjoyed this film alot more then Triangle.

Liked the fact it had a ending you did not see coming. Agree that the characters weren't lookalikes. Were individuals with personalities.

Whilst watching the film was thinking In The Name of the Rose with the Monastary setting. Black Death did look really good and the QA was rather amusing and informative.

Really hope this film does well!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"