Apparently I am camp or in a camp, not sure which

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Apparently I am camp or in a camp, not sure which

Post by steve806 »

Hi All

I have just been reading a really great topic in the Gorezone forums entitled 'Bryn Hammond Editor and Lindsay Lohan in the news'.

Someone has posted that Bryn Hammond was seen in Cannes partying with Lindsay Lohan (a joke I assume as allegedly he said some unkind things about her in a recent edition of the mag - havent read it so not sure) and this post has caused a short burst of anti Frightfest responses.

It is claimed someone from 'our camp' probably wrote the original post. How cool, I am now a member of a camp.

If we are indeed a camp can we be either:

1. A gang like the Baseball Furys because I always thought they looked the coolest when I watched 'The Warriors' 600 times as an 11 year old.

2. The kids at Crystal Lake

3. The John Inman Appreciation Soc... sorry wrong sort of camp.

Apologies for not having sufficient skills to include a link (on reflection maybe my camp should be a fire with all the other Neanderthals - did you see what I did there?) but I thought some of you might find it amusing.

See you all in August
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Apparently I am camp or in a camp, not sure which

Post by kimblebee »

It seems like many Gorezone forum posters will use any and every opportunity to have a go at FrightFest and it's fans - Perhaps the editor was partying with Lindsay Lohan in Cannes, perhaps not - I think the trick is not to rise to the bait or let the taunting bother anyone.

There are many who enjoy both FrightFest and Gorezone and it is a shame that only the former seems to be open to and accepting of horror fans based on their love of the genre rather than which 'camp' they belong to...
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by steve806 »

Completely agree Kimblebee, I wasnt rising to bait, just laughing at how serious some people seem to be about it all, hence the tone of my post.

On a more serious note it does appear some people or someone is regularly putting abusive posts on the Gorezone website which kinda sucks.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Trolls trolling trolls who troll trolls for trolling.

It seems to be a vicious circle that won't seem to die or go away, saddens me really. At the end of the day we're all genre fans, what's the biggy?

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

kimblebee wrote:It seems like many Gorezone forum posters will use any and every opportunity to have a go at FrightFest and it's fans - Perhaps the editor was partying with Lindsay Lohan in Cannes, perhaps not - I think the trick is not to rise to the bait or let the taunting bother anyone.

There are many who enjoy both FrightFest and Gorezone and it is a shame that only the former seems to be open to and accepting of horror fans based on their love of the genre rather than which 'camp' they belong to...
*looks at Kimblebee, pouts and puts the pitch fork down* :(
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

In the words of Gregg Ginn

Rise above, we're gonna rise above
We are tired of your abuse
Try to stop us, it's no use

And that's all I have to say about GZ forum trolls
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn