Top 10 Sickest Movies

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
ZombieCommand
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Top 10 Sickest Movies

Post by ZombieCommand »

Saving you from the zombocalypse one forum post at a time - Zombie Command
Twitter | Facebook
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Top 10 Sickest Movies

Post by scrobble »

Just Ichi The Killer, and I suspect a lot of people on here will have seen it. From the sound of the ones I haven't seen, though, it sounds like most are not really my kind of thing.
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Five of them. Six if you count Ichi The Killer, which I've only seen in its BBFC home-approved version that was cut by over three minutes. It's tedious rubbish without those "scenes of mutilated, raped or savagely beaten women or of sexual pleasure from violence", as the BBFC phrase it, and I sincerely doubt their reinstatement is going to suddenly reveal the film as significantly better.

I can't stand Irreversible either; it made me feel ill. That may well have been Gaspar Noe's point, but that's no excuse.

Salo? Again, pretty loathsome and despicable. I think it IS getting off on the violence and humiliation and I don't believe it has much to say about absolute power, fascism or anything else.

Cannibal Holocaust is probably the sickest on the list, for its unsimulated animal cruelty which is very difficult to watch.

I saw both Cutting Moments and Aftermath years ago at festivals, probably at the French Institute in Kensington, and can't say I was particularly wowed by either of them. In fact, I'd forgotten all about the former! I didn't much like Aftermath - I didn't really see the point of it - but Cerda did another short afterwards entitled Genesis which I did enjoy.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
JasonMyers
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by JasonMyers »

They didn't include Joel Schumacher's BATMAN & ROBIN. Cinema doesn't get much sicker than that.
"Next on Exploitation Theatre: Blacula, followed by Blackenstein, and The Blunchblack of Blotre Blame"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

streetrw wrote:.

Cannibal Holocaust is probably the sickest on the list, for its unsimulated animal cruelty which is very difficult to watch.
Yeah its just totally dumb for them to put that sh1t in that era (or any era) of movies. I love cannibal ferox it makes me laugh my arse off with that blonde guying saying the word 'Twot' all the time and his ridiculously aggressive attitude. Problem is the animal stuff, makes me physically ill. Even whizzing through it on fast forward you see too much. No need.

Anybody heard anything about that Mondo Holocausto movie that in post production? Wonder if it will be any good.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

lol, why is Land of the Dead an "honorable mention"?
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by steve806 »

Seen them all, generally agree with most views expressed.

Streetrw, I am pretty sure Aftermath was at the Everyman in Hampstead, I was sat in front of cerda while it screened and had a nice long chat with him afterwards. I actually thought it was pretty impressive, think it was the quality of the shoot (camera, score etc) that made it so shocking. I seem to recall many of the others on the list had poor acting, poor cinematography - generally grainy and a bit scuzzy which seemed to put forward the impression they were taboo when in fact the quality of aftermath made it all the more outrageous. I agree his follow up Genesis was very very good. In fact its a pity he didnt go ont to do much better work as he appeared to have a lot of talent.

Streetrw, we seem to have been haunting a lot of the same venues over a number of years but have never met.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

steve806 wrote:Streetrw, we seem to have been haunting a lot of the same venues over a number of years but have never met.
Where are you sitting? We'll have to meet up properly.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

streetrw wrote:
steve806 wrote:Streetrw, we seem to have been haunting a lot of the same venues over a number of years but have never met.
Where are you sitting? We'll have to meet up properly.
I too was at this Eurofest showing. Small world.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey