Is PIG HUNT any good?

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
JasonMyers
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Is PIG HUNT any good?

Post by JasonMyers »

I'm tempted to get it as it's on sale cheap and I wanted to check first if any of you have seen it.
"Next on Exploitation Theatre: Blacula, followed by Blackenstein, and The Blunchblack of Blotre Blame"
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Is PIG HUNT any good?

Post by MaxRenn »

It played at the 2008 allnighter, and I thought it was not without interest, but the general reaction was overwhelmingly negative. Main problem is that it doesn't really know what it is, horror, comendy and satire and none of the elements mesh. It does have a cameo from Les Claypool from Primus though.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Also horrendously loud pig squealing at 6am doesn't really help your early morning disposition. May have been the wrong time of night to put it on in my opinion :lol:
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Ah I'm glad it wasn't just me then - I didn't see enough of the film to be able to form a valid opinion on it, but you're right, all that squealing when we were all shattered and nodding off - it was a bit like being tortured! :(
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

It was ok but nithing special. When it comes to giant pig movies I prefer Chaw, or Razorback of course. would buy it for £2.- but not much more.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

No its rubbish!
And very dull,seems to go on for ever with not a great deal happening,and as a previous post mentioned it doesnt know what the hell it wants to be,its neither fun nor horrific just really dull.
I sat through it at the allnighter hoping it was going to lead to this big action horror pay off and sadly it didnt deliver anything like what it needed too!

rent it,its not a great pig movie just a boar :lol:
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

I'm in favour of Pig Hunt and would buy for a few quid. It is a bit of a mess though, I'd have prefered more pig attacks and less rednecks/nymphos etc.. I'll wait for a region 1 dvd actually, the UK one was pretty bare bones.
Notts Pete
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Notts Pete »

I'm in the Pro-Pig Hunt camp.
When I first saw it at the Allnighter, I thought it was alright but found it took too long for the action to kick in.
However, a later viewing on DVD when I wasn't feeling half dead, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It didn't seem to take half as long to get going and I actually enjoyed the fact that it had elements from different genres - made it feel a bit 'quirky' and different to me. Felt quite '70s Grindhouse in parts I thought.

Best of all though - when the pig makes his big appearance at the climax, it looks great - really old and evil-looking and very well lit for added menace - not, as Grindy once desribed it to me, like a bad puppet on a shopping trolley :D

Anyway, give it a go I say - and watch out for them there tusks :wink:
I bet you think you know all about vampires ... believe me, you know f@*& all.