films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

La Cabina (1972) Spanish short in which a man gets trapped inside a mysterious telephone booth, as the public crowd around to gawp, attempt to free him, or just laugh... Apparently Channel 4 used to show this - it's very good.

Surrogates The Bruce Wiliis clone actioner is on the whole pretty good...
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Doom on br is no better than on standard dvd,good creature fx poor movie.
Day of the dead on BR is only a smidgen away from being as bad as DOTD Contagium and not really as good as house of the dead 2 a very poor reinvention of a classic,thats not worth mentioning in the same breath as that classic.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Watch The Soloist at the weekend. Superb performances by both Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Junior. A well written, if not very downbeat film.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Went to The Godfather this evening. Great film, of course. Would have been better if [1] they hadn't started the film early, [2] they could turn the house lights down a bit more (it's a very dark film, particularly at the start, and I could practically do the Financial Times crossword in there), [3] they could supply their stenchsome consumables in bags that didn't make a noise like a landmine going off in a tin box every time someone reached into it, and [4] they could somehow get the knuckledragging quarterwitted inbred yokel peasantry to actually shut the hell up when the film is on.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Babel
cant recommend this enough if you havent already seen it,great movie with a great score.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Dr Giggles on laserdisc,well having never fully seen this movie,though it has been shown on BBC1 at some point,its a silly cartoonish slasher with all the dumb kids getting killed and the cliches of Dr jokes thrown in,larry drake has some great touches to dr randell,but if you had the cryptkeeper at the start and the finish it would make a great tales from the crypt movie.
it wouldnt be a bad idea to have a season of B movies introduced by the crypt keeper :)
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Deag Me To Hell was a riot, totally funny, sometimes gross and quite a few jumpy bits. Reminds me how fun a good horror film can be sometimes!

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Maniacal wrote:Deag Me To Hell was a riot, totally funny, sometimes gross and quite a few jumpy bits. Reminds me how fun a good horror film can be sometimes!
Love it!! saw it four times at the cinema...

It's been shipped on Bluray from DVDworldUSA :) will be taking it to a geeky gathering next week along with Trick R Treat :D
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Rufus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rufus »

Antichrist Hmm.... Couldn't make my mind up about this one. It had a lot of interesting themes, and was pretty unsettling/depressing, but I thought some aspects of it(the stuff that made people call it misogynist rather than the violence) were just put in to piss people off and court controversy, which just makes the whole thing seem more empty to me. Maybe the lesson here is that I shouldn't watch von trier films.

Dorian Gray was OK, suitably lavish but about half an hour too long.
Grindhouse wrote:Grotesque is just that and it not worth the effort
I was going to watch this in a "just because it was banned" way, but maybe I won't bother now.
PatrolBen
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by PatrolBen »

Satans Puppy wrote:
Maniacal wrote:Deag Me To Hell was a riot, totally funny, sometimes gross and quite a few jumpy bits. Reminds me how fun a good horror film can be sometimes!
Love it!! saw it four times at the cinema...
Me too and I could have seen it a further four times and got as much enjoyment out of it. I don't know how anyone can not like it.

I've just watched Braindead. The first time for over four years and my love for the film has only grown. The film never has a dull moment.
SarahP

Post by SarahP »

I also watched Drag Me To Hell the other day and also loved it.
Can't wait to watch it again.
That girl deserves a medal for taking so much gunk in the face, or more specifically the mouth, it was gross, loved it!!!!!!!!
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by satanslittlehelper »

Just got back from my honeymoon in NY and LA. Managed to catch a few films on our travels, highlights were 9 , (****) wonderful animation and some scary scenes-definitely worth a watch. Jennifer's Body, (***) I enjoyed it, but thought it could have been better-the plot didn't quite gel for me. Surrogates (***) did exactly what it said on the tin, enjoyable sci-fi popcorn move. Pandorum, (****) caught this at the Chinese theatre in Hollywood, really enjoyed it-although it felt too much like Descent in places. Watched Transformers 2 (***), Taking of Pelham 123 (**), Year One (**), Adventureland (****), Ice-Age 3 (***), Fighting (**), and Star Trek(*****) (again) on the flights too and from the US.
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

satanslittlehelper wrote:Just got back from my honeymoon in NY and LA. .
Congratulations Sir!!!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Giz
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Giz »

satanslittlehelper wrote:Just got back from my honeymoon in NY and LA. Managed to catch a few films on our travels, highlights were 9 , (****) wonderful animation and some scary scenes-definitely worth a watch. Jennifer's Body, (***) I enjoyed it, but thought it could have been better-the plot didn't quite gel for me. Surrogates (***) did exactly what it said on the tin, enjoyable sci-fi popcorn move. Pandorum, (****) caught this at the Chinese theatre in Hollywood, really enjoyed it-although it felt too much like Descent in places. Watched Transformers 2 (***), Taking of Pelham 123 (**), Year One (**), Adventureland (****), Ice-Age 3 (***), Fighting (**), and Star Trek(*****) (again) on the flights too and from the US.
Was I in the Q with you? hello again sir,
Feed her!
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by satanslittlehelper »

Satans Puppy wrote:
satanslittlehelper wrote:Just got back from my honeymoon in NY and LA. .
Congratulations Sir!!!
Thank you very much.
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"