films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Was bored by Pandorum - it's like a Neil Marshall movie but not as good as any of them....
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

a crowded screenng & great atmosphere for Zombieland at the Empire last night,this film rocks easily one of the best zombie comedy movies with some great action too,Woody Harrelson is just on top form,and a great zombie turn by a very hot female actress.
dont miss it :D
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

I believe the 'hot' actress you mention is Mandy Lane aka Amber Heard...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

rawshark wrote:I believe the 'hot' actress you mention is Mandy Lane aka Amber Heard...
Yes but i didnt want to give it away or spoil if for folks who hadnt seen it yet or the special actor in it ! :wink:
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Children of Men took me a while to finally see this... and I loved it!!!
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

Just watched Parasomnia. Interesting little film with an unusual concept about a serial killer influencing the behaviour of a young woman with an unusual sleeping sickness. Well acted with a fantastic cameo from John Landis.Definately worth a watch.
Was going to see Pandorum today but the exhaust fell of my car on the way and after an hour in Kwik fit did not feel much like the cinema. Will try again later in the week.
Goosebumps
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Goosebumps »

Grindhouse wrote:
rawshark wrote:I believe the 'hot' actress you mention is Mandy Lane aka Amber Heard...
Yes but i didnt want to give it away or spoil if for folks who hadnt seen it yet or the special actor in it ! :wink:

Not exactly a surprise when most people know A) It's Mandy Lane and B) Most people know who the "special actor" is seeing as they are on the cast list and its been all over the web
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

kitkat wrote:Was going to see Pandorum today but the exhaust fell of my car on the way and after an hour in Kwik fit did not feel much like the cinema.
I think God is trying to tell you something there :wink:
chary
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chary »

district 9
I know its not strictly speaking an horror movie but its really worth watching, its got great special effects, funny and intelligent, not sure when I last described a film as being intelligent. Highly recommended
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Pandorum - It's the Descent with more dialogue and ummm lack of tension... although it did make me jump :( but then again so did the price cineworld charged for the hot dog and coke I bought :cry:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Goosebumps wrote:
Grindhouse wrote:

Not exactly a surprise when most people know A) It's Mandy Lane and B) Most people know who the "special actor" is seeing as they are on the cast list and its been all over the web
I didnt know who was in it apart from the main cast,i didnt go looking at imdb or read too much about it as i just wanted to enjoy it without knowing everything prior to seeing it,thats just me though.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

It's Steven "Where Are The Pies" Seagal! And it's a vampire movie! Sadly, Against The Dark is mainly concerned with a group of cardboard people wandering around a hospital after a plague has turned almost the entire population into vampires. Big Steve shows up as a vampire hunter and mercifully forgoes the usual martial arts in favour of hacking them up with a samurai sword. Plenty of blood but it's pretty shoddy.

It's Steven "Large Pasties Ahoy" Seagal! Again! This time he's a former mob enforcer from Moscow, which means he's not just doing his usual gravelly mumble, but he's doing his gravelly mumble with a stab at a Russian accent. Fortunately the DVD has English subs. Driven To Kill has him going after a bunch of former rival Russian mobsters after they target his family on the day of his daughter's wedding. Lots of shooting, stabbing, several displays of his martial arts "prowess", and the last twenty minutes have him and lots of bad Russians firing machine guns at each other in a hospital. No vampires though. Crunchily violent but, again, pretty shoddy.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Grindhouse wrote:
Apologies if this was a spoiler - but I just want to say that ZOMBIELAND is the best film of the year, and you will all love it regardless of knowing who appears in it or not..

A great US box Office figure bodes well for this Friday's UK release - so take all your friends and make Zombies Number 1 in the UK this coming weekend!
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Goosebumps
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Goosebumps »

Grindhouse wrote:
Goosebumps wrote:
Grindhouse wrote: Yes but i didnt want to give it away or spoil if for folks who hadnt seen it yet or the special actor in it ! :wink:

I didnt know who was in it apart from the main cast,i didnt go looking at imdb or read too much about it as i just wanted to enjoy it without knowing everything prior to seeing it,thats just me though.
I didn’t search the web for it, the info was in the first write up I saw on the film and since then its been everywhere
bohan
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bohan »

Thought Pandorum was fantastic, very intense and highly atmospheric