films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Re: films we just saw

Post by krispyg »

Red

This has been sat in my collection for a while so I gave it a spin not knowing quite what to expect. What I really enjoyed is the pace and the menace of the film, feeling how far can you push a person before they finally snap and carry out their retribution.

Red is a really sad film and I approached it expecting some sort of revenge/retribution style film in the mould of The Horseman or Dead Mans Shoes however i'm glad it did not reach the level of violence that both those films showed.

If you have never seen this before, give it a try, it will pull at various emotions from sadness to frustration to all out anger.

One of the best films I have seen this year.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
django
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by django »

In between doing the family thing (and the chocolate thing!) over Easter I managed to squeeze in plenty of movies, I saw Clash of the Titans, Monster Squad, Doghouse and Outlander, I also had a Ruggero Deodata marathon and watched House on the Edge of the Park, Jungle Holocaust, Cut and Run, Cannibal Holocast and Live like a Cop Die Like a Man, on top of all that lot I finished the bank holiday weekend with the Quatermass Experiment, Quatermass 2 and Quatermass and the Pit.
capthowdy66
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by capthowdy66 »

I watched House of the devil which was awesome and two very different independent no budgeters!
The first was Incest Death Squad which was good and then creep creepersons oc babes and the slasher of zombietown!
What a load of shite! A 70 min film which comprised of 20 mins cast (10 at the start, 10 at the end), 20 mins footage from Night of the living dead (snippets all the way thru the film) as they couldn't be arsed to do their own zombies and then 30 mins of inept acting in a bar!! One of the worst attempts at film making i've ever seen! >:(
42nd Street Freak
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by 42nd Street Freak »

I missed this garbage it seems;
voor wrote: Islamism is not some sort of united movement....

I know a few women's rights activists, authors, directors and cartoonists that would disagree.

And they'd be wrong, too.
LMAO! Would they!? You know fucking better than them do you? Arrogant prick.
Appeasement. Lovely thing it is.

Well you could argue the point with them...But most those not already dead are in hiding or under protection so as not to end up dead.
And they are of different races, cultures and in different countries! Seems pretty fucking global to me.
Hence even though I suggest you do some research and find out about Iranian cinema and the other side filmmaking you still spout rubbish such as:
What the hell has that got to do with Hollywood or Western cinema?
THAT was my point. That's the whole point!
How many of these films were made by Western film makers and the Western film companies?
Reading I think is your problem.

lets hope your lovely religion of peace does not decide to act all peaceful in London once again during Frightfest.
Not sure we could cope with any more of that peace.
Although appalling specimens like you will be there appeasing as the dust settles on the corpses of course.

Happy holidays. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
voor
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by voor »

I think from this point , your stupidity becomes offensive so I'm going to keep this short.

Your first post said:
The day someone puts the market bombing, women and children targeting, mass raping, female torturing, head hacking, hacked head stacking, child trafficking, suicide bombing, homosexual lynching, christian sect butchering Islamists in Iraq in a bad light, I'll be impressed.

SOMEONE.

Someone has made that film. The Iranian Cinema.

You are a bona fide idiot. End of discussion.

If you want to continue with your ill-educated, mis-informed, unpleasant, offensive, one-sided, third-grade rants, please come and find me during the Festival. It would be a joy to tell you what a moron you are to your face.

Otherwise just continue with your 'reviews' making sure you don't get banned from these boards too as you have so succesfully done in the past with many other places with unnecessary, jingo-istic swearing,

Oh and 'Redacted' was ok - and it did actually happen.
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

Wooooooooh someone throw some jello on 'em.
"The little pissed Welsh tit is here. And pissed"
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

*pretends to be asleep*
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Bitch Slap - Saw this at the Prince Charles as a result of a comp on this very website (ta muchly). Has the pneumatic charms of the lead characters but sadly none of the charm of Faster Pussycat, a film it desperately apes. A good try, but I got a bit bored in the last 30 mins to be honest. Once again though, a trip to the Prince Charles is spoilt slightly by the attention seeking raucous laughter of a group of punters who have obviously been well on the beers. I love the place, interesting films and good atmosphere and all that...but every time I go there seem to be a few people in the audience who want to be the centre of attention. :x
This is a D-Notice situation
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I really liked the start of Bitch Slap, got bored in the middle then interested at the end again. On the DVD there is going to be a making of which is actually more entertaining than the film :shock:

Canada are the only region getting a bluray release of this :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Finally caught up with all the Saw series by watching nos V and VI.

What a contrast. V is terrible, so many flashbacks and flashforwards that it's hard to work out what the hell is going on, and harder still to care. Also the "games" were lackluster. Saw VI on the other hand has the most direct narrative since the original, there's even a satisfying twist that soesn't feel like a complete cheat. Pity the preceeding episode seems to have had a negative impact on it's box office success as it's almost a good movie.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Whip It - Drew Barrymore's directional debut starring Ellen Page who joins an all-girl roller-derby to escape her small town life. Also starring Barrymore, Juliette Lewis and Death Proof's Zoe Bell... I really liked this one :mrgreen:
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Watched the new Dennis Law HK action flick Bad Blood last night - great OTT fight scenes as a triad gang turn on each other -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsihARkTAcM

Disc includes trailer for his next movie, the equally bonkers-looking Womb Ghost.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

sherbetbizarre wrote:Watched the new Dennis Law HK action flick Bad Blood last night - great OTT fight scenes as a triad gang turn on each other -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsihARkTAcM

Disc includes trailer for his next movie, the equally bonkers-looking Womb Ghost.

Sorry, my imediate thought was the the ex-scottish international footballer Dennis Law must be keeping himself fit to have moved into HK action flicks at the age of 70.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

I know! Took me a while to accept there's a whole other "Dennis Law" :D
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

The Blind Side
what can i say? i loved this movie for 2 hours it was a great film from start to finish,i loved Sandra Bullocks acting and the feel of the movie gives an emotional uplift,that not only makes you feel good,but makes everything else good too,if you had a shitty day go see the blindside,pissed off at something go see the blind side.
and with the closing credits showing pictures of the Tuohy family and the real Mike Oher it will have you watching till the end.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"