films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

streetrw wrote:It's a thin week this next week. PIRATES 2 is taking up most of the screen space and unless you've got more than 10 screens, you're not getting much else. (DISTRICT 13 is only on at my secondmost-local with 16 screens.)
If your interested there is a competition on Eat My Brains site for a signed poster of District 13.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

streetrw wrote:(DISTRICT 13 is only on at my secondmost-local with 16 screens.)

I hear my DVD player crying at me through underuse. Must make amends.
Two birds, one stone - the R3 (Thai) DVD of District 13 is available, and pretty cheap (can found under the title B-13: 13th District) - well, less than you'd be paying to see it if it were showing at the Apollo West End anyway :wink:
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

No, I'll see D13 at my secondmost-local 16 screener. I don't really want to gloat again about the joys of a Cineworld Unlimited pass, but they are really rather wonderful (sorry, Imajica!) :twisted:

Besides, I only have a R2 and R0 DVD player anyways.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

Go see District 13. The beginning with the guy doing loads of that free running is excellent. Great to see on the big screen.

And to think it only cost a pound! A POUND! when I saw it at the one night ffest in Brighton last year. Not to brag of course :wink: Now that was a bargain.
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

HELP!!! Are there any horror films playing in London at the moment?? (Other than the amazingly imaginative 'The Omen'....)? I need to see something today!!! Or I might end up doing something worthwhile with my day!! AGGGHHHHHHHH Please help is you can!
Uzumaki
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Uzumaki »

Hard Candy is playing at the moment although it's not really horror. I haven't seen it yet but it is meant to be quite disturbing.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I saw Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest today (packed, even at 11:15 in the morning) and I have to say I loved it! Maybe partly because I don't especially rate the first film (it just seemed like an action adventure designed to appeal to people who only go to the movies twice a year) and therefore I went in with no expectations for the sequel. It is very long but I didn't notice that at all... it's well made (great CGI for Davy Jones's crew), well acted and terrific fun - everything you want from a Summer blockbuster. Superman Returns is really going to have to be special to beat this. I can't wait for the third and final part, especially with Chow Yun Fat in that one.

I also watched the director's cut of Donnie Darko today. I guess it explains the story a little more but to be honest I think I prefer the original leaner cut. Anyone else have an opinion on this one?
First things first, stay calm.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

I have to say that I also prefer the original cut of Donnie Darko.

The main reason is that I really like when Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen comes on in the original at the beginning, whereas in the directors cut they use never tear us apart by INXS and that just kind of loses the impact for me as its a bit slower.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

i liked the last half hour of POTC2, without giving away too much it reminded me alot of the empire strikes back

the effects on Davey Jones are amazing.. i really couldnt tell if it was a mix of puppet/make up/cgi or pure cgi

but it really was too long... trimmed by maybe 30 mins it would have ben much better...
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Went to see POTC:DMC last night. liked it very much. Great ending. You must stay till the very end... wife guessed it!

But be warned if you don't like tenticles! Don't watch it! Major TENTICLE Action.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

I LOVE TENTICLES!!!

Went to see The Grudge 2 at lovely Cineworld this morning. Was not too bad, a few good tense moments... what is it about Japanese people in pasty blue make-up that scares the be-jesus out of me??? When is the American version coming out?? :lol:
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

Thanks for the tentacle warning zappa fan, I've had several from various members of the forum who've seen it. I feel so warm and cared about :D

I am however, going to brave it next Tuesday as Jonny Depp means its compulsory, but I'm going during the day and live far aqway from any large bodies of water. If I survive I will let everyone know :D
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Keep to shallow waters!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Saw Fearless last night, which made me want to go up a mountain and live out my days planting rice whilst enjoying the piquant breezes assailng the rolling contryside at periodic intervals. Very Zen.

I thought it was a quite wonderful picture actually, with comparisons drawn against Hero rather unfair - not all Chinese pictures have to be the last word in martial arts. This locked some breathtaking moments of pugilism with some lovely melodrama to create a cracking throwback epic.

Beforehand however I saw perhaps the most bizarrely misjudged trailer for The Grudge 2. I'm sure he picture's a solid shocker, but the trailer is atrociously constructed. I was half-expecting it to be for Scary Movie 5.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Muffy St. John wrote:Went to see The Grudge 2 at lovely Cineworld this morning. Was not too bad, a few good tense moments... what is it about Japanese people in pasty blue make-up that scares the be-jesus out of me??? When is the American version coming out?? :lol:
October 20th.

The release schedule site I refer to is http://www.launchingfilms.com/releasesc ... &sort=date