films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
The DeadlySpawn
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by The DeadlySpawn »

I watched Crazy Eights the other day and I advise you to not make the same mistake. Also watched Outpost which I really enjoyed, before moving on to the craptacular Legend of Bigfoot(1975). Not good.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

yeah crazy eights and tooth and nail were both pap 'eight films to die for' from last year I agree
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

Saw Surveillance today... OMG, this movie was SO bad! I am really bad at guessing twists in a movie, and I got this one about 15 minutes in.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

:shock:

I am shocked, Mr O recommened that one to me, I have it in my to watch pile
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

I enjoyed Surveillance when I saw it at Horrorthon last year..

Yes, the 'twist' may be a bit easy to spot, but I thought the characters were great, and it unravelled nicely...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Thought Surveillance was thoroughly engrossing. One you have to pay attention to. Again have to admit did not see the twist. Always like the kind of film which tells the story from different view points.

Also saw The Watchmen but not at the Imax.

Being someone who has not read the graphic novels. Enjoyed this one. Thought it was a good story but lagged somewhat at the end. Was overlong and could of lost 20 minutes or so.

Rather like the idea of superheroes who hang their capes and spandexs for a regular life.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
gregjames
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by gregjames »

lupogirl wrote: Rather like the idea of superheroes who hang their capes and spandexs for a regular life.
You don't want to be hung by your spandex. Brings tears to your eyes, that does. :shock:
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

Did noone else find it annoying in Surveillance that Bill Pullman's character is meant to be watching and leading three interviews simultaneously??
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Muffy St. John wrote:Did noone else find it annoying in Surveillance that Bill Pullman's character is meant to be watching and leading three interviews simultaneously??
Given that the bulk of the interviews are shown via flashbacks, what makes you think he isn't?
"I see the bad moon arising.."
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

oi

spoilerthon i not watched it yet

:P
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Grindhouse wrote:WARNING, WARNING,WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING.
avoid Tooth & Nail if you see this dvd on the shelves run & hide but for fucks sake dont rent this movie,it has been going under the label of 8 films to die for,hangs out in rental stores as a cannibal shocker,post apocalypse movie and we all like those.Dont we?
Films like this give horror a bad name,it makes Albert Pyun movies look epic, makes me appreciate Wrong Turn 2, in fact makes we wish i could get those 90 minutes back again,
the budget went on Michael Madsen and Vinnie Jones,with props and costumes straight out of a cut price film props store and charity shop,i hate this movie,i hate it the more i think of it.
Vinnie jones i was hoping was going to redeem himself even more after his performance in Midnight Meat Train,but this makes me want to smack that dollar sign right off his chops,you will to if you have seen this movie.
I mean the whole class act in this movie is michael Kelly who played CJ in Dawn of the Dead,what was he doing in this movie? he was in changeling.
Thats it im going before i explode :x
:lol: :lol:

That is hilarious.

I totally agree with that review... in fact i turned it off after an hour, very rare for me, the last film i stopped watching before the end was bubbas chilli parlour!
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Melvin Junko wrote:Just watched Girls rebel force of competitive swimmers

Japanse schoolgirls, zombies, lesbians, gore, boobs, 100% Junko proof.

HIghly reccomended if you enjoy top class nonsense :)
where the heck you get this stuff?

it's not on play.com that's for sure!

I like this thread, i go back and re read stuff and it tempts me to get new / old stuff I may have missed... just ordered me long weekend as twas only £3.99 and sound alreet. fancy that dead and buried too but thats a whole £8!
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

maxmum wrote:oi

spoilerthon i not watched it yet

:P
Sorry!

Watch it, then we can discuss!
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

a well deserved double bill at the cinema today,lucky for me the 1.30 screening of The International was running 30 mins late as i just made it,anyway this really is cracking stuff,a tense film,thats full of the stuff conspiracy theorists love,oh and Clive Owen too :wink:,top movie only ruined by the stupid parents walking in with their kids of 8 yrs plonking themselves down and watching the last 15mins,cos their film was being held up by it,grrrr stupid parents!
Watchmen havent ever read the graphic novel nor do i really care too,my knowledge of this stuff stems from the music of pwei,for fanboys or girls this is top stuff,for me its ok,a slow burner thats worth a watch again.
what kept me amused during the film is knowing that all the way through production there would have been meeting after meeting,drawings after drawings,artists work done & scrapped all to decide just how big dr manhattans knob is going to be,think about it?! Blue man group eat your heart out!
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Can someone please remind me of the point behind Quarantine? It can only be designed for people who can't or won't read. Somewhere between a shot-for-shot and frame-for-frame remake of [REC], it's so close you could probably get the exact same effect from playing the Spanish original with an English dub. But it still hasn't solved the central narrative problem of people constantly operating a video camera when they're in mortal danger from zombies/monsters/aliens/milkmen when they should, if they've got the remotest smidgen of sense, put the cam down and leg it. If you've not seen [REC] it's probably more or less okay.