films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

ahh so the bee mask isn't in the orig cut either - ok cos we watched the unrated cut with SHOCKING ending and then flipped to the orig cut with the lack of leg violence and additional final sweat scene

btw the bee scene has shockingly shit fx

he also karate chops and punches out a few females in the shocking cut
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

He does that in the other one, while dressed as a bear, which takes some of the intended effect away.

The only good bit is the Edward Woodward missing poster in the police station in the begining.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

yeah i caught that and the endless woodward etc character references throughout

i would love to know what the folks who have never seen the orig made of this and whether the ending came as any sort of shock or surprise to them as i guess it was quite downbeat for a us mainstream movie - at least they didnt screw that up but i wonder if, like me you wanted them 2 put a different twist or shake up at the end - but then i guess we'd moan that they bottled it - oh well

(23.6 mill us box office)
Last edited by Team Banzai on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

I avoided this one at the cinema, but have it to watch tomorrow night...... listening to you pair bitch (in a comedy way) has both intrigued me and put me off the idea ever so slightly....... still it has made entertaining reading!
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

good luck trixy its a stinker/corker but u should have fun with it
have u seen the orig version ?

which also has some great funny moments btw - the songs, lee's hair, lee's windswept hair etc..
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

I've only watched part of the original version, got distracted halway through, but what I did see was good, which incidentally was the same part twice!

Still, I shall be interested by the new one and will steal a copy of the old one after so I can compare the 2.....

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

oh and did i mention christopher lee's sun god style wind swept hair

oh yeah i did....

have fun with it and post your review asap i will be waiting with baited breath :roll:
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

Just make sure you don't turn purple, wouldn't go with your hair colour :P

soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

So many amusing comments on here tonight... :lol:

I must brave the DVD of Battlefield Earth one day... that 45 degrees camera work is legendary, I always said he had a dodgy tripod on that shoot...

And how could I forget Morgan Freeman's amazing eyebrows in Dreamcatcher, it was like he had live caterpillars up there...

As for The Wicker Man, sheesh that's gotta be the biggest turkey this Christmas... you just brought back so many unintentional laughs with that bear suit, the bicycle scene, the piss-poor "ooh my legs" (off camera) ending... wretched, wretched film!

And Alex, you're not alone with Linklater... Dazed And Confused is possibly my all time favourite film, and Before Sunrise isn't far behind... A Scanner Darkly is hard going (I really want to watch it again) but it does kinda come together at the end, so stick with it.
First things first, stay calm.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

my other favourite moments in stephen kings shitcatcher is the bit with that terrible actor ski sledding along talking 2 himself in a strange cod english accent saying stuff like mr gay and quilty and stuff - they show this from 2 different angles as he has taken on a multiple personality - sheer shite perfection

a bit like mr freemans eyebrows which are almost in 3-d and thats without the glasses

if u r gonna make a crap 75 million dollar film make it reeeeely shit!

well done chaps you can smell the money burning onscreen
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

all this talk of the Battlefield Earth DVD.... i got this for £2 a few months ago and was disgusted from tonbridge wells...

i saw this TWICE on its theatrical run due to its appalling brilliance. But the DVD has had several scenes removed! these scenes were dire/brilliant. The removal of them only worsens the films.

much of Kelly prestons role was removed, probably to help reduce the use of the word leverage. But it was criminal to remove one of travolta's hammiest scenes. it was with the bar tender and it was the first time they meet in the film

Travolta: Finally im going to be off this planet

Bar keep: aaaa so i trust my minor indescretions will not magically appear in your end of term report

Travolta: No it wont

Bar Keep: my gratitude

Travolta: There will be nothing magical about it. It will be there because i put it there... Ha HA hahahahaaaaaa

But wicker man beats BE hands down. The sound of Cage (in original cut) screaming "you bitches" and "ooooowww.... my LEGS" off camera were soo much like will ferrel in the first Austin Powers flick
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

wow you really know the film mr d - hats off

just checked out giles new dvd column and he mentions snakes on a train

i have vague rememberances that at my summer barbeque marc morris brought this slice of cinematic gold with him and at the end of our summer celebrations we tossed this into the dvd machine

we did forward it quite a lot to any sign of nudity or gore (yeah i know we are shallow) and it did seem like a cut rate laugh - and the end is indeed awe inspiring with a huge mofuckin snake swallowing the god damn train - but this is indeed the money shot as blown in the trailer

now to get round to watching snakes on plane and lady in water ..
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

One day in the future I will watch the remake of The Wicker - don't break my legs - Man. Just to see how bad it is. Anything like The Omen remake I am in for a treat. Yippee

Just come back from a underwelming Stranger Than Fiction. I am not in the Will Ferrell fan club. Like the story but did not move me. Again there were times thought it was plodding. Normally I am there reaching for tissues. Not this occasion. Some humourous moments.

I did not care about any of the characters. Just did not find them believable. Will Ferrell character for me was not sympathetic or someone you root for. The ending nuff said.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

Paul, you can let that breath out..... here's my (brief) review of the brand new wicker man!

As I've previously said, I've only ever seen the first part of the original twice, and never made it to the end!

This however, made me laugh til I cried. I see now the stuff aobut mr Cage being dressed as a bear, and the legs scene. Oh I could watch it again and again for its sheer comedy gold! Its terrible, yet its curiously compelling..... car crash tv is the best way to describe it I guess.....

dall425

the woods

Post by dall425 »

dont know if this is old news but just seen Lucky Mckees (director of may) the woods.

It briefly stars Bruce Campball and is set at a girls school within the woods.

Very nice film to look at and stylishly directed but not great when it comes to the script or character development.

I loved 'may and had high hopes for Lucky's second film but it was a bit of a disappointment.

Good ending if not rushed and no extras on the dvd.

Anybody else seen it yet ??