films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Just saw Number 2zzzzzzzzz3.

Bored me to tears. Had no tension or suspense. Thought Jim Carrey was totally miscast. He was monotone man. Him being angry, Him being happy. Same expression the whole time. Should of been Kevin Bacon at least he can act.. It was exciting as watching paint dry. No redeeming features with this film. Jim Carrey should stick to comedy. 1 star

After this might go and see that new Eddie Murphy film. - Norbit. My brain has turned to mush. :wink:( I can hear Soulmining groaning)
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

*groans*

For f***s sake, first Epic Movie and now Norbit? Nooooooo!! Who are you and what have you done with lupogirl?

Haven't you got any DVDs or videos you could be watching? Or even some fresh paint?

I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than watch Norbit.

Thanks for the warning about Number 23 though. I suppose you'll just be calling it Number 2 from now on, eh?

*rant over*
First things first, stay calm.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

oh i quite fancied norbit as well..

no i think i'll save it for 1 of my sunday afternnon occasional shit-a-thons with julian mmmm...little man (thats the film little man btw)

the WORST ever double bill me and julian endured was the amazing shitehouse double bill of

master of disguise (truly truly has to be seen to be believed!)

and we followed that with pluto nash (the smell of burning money coming from the screen was almost overpowering)

that's what i call a double bill testing of endurance

1 film we did try though and failed to get past the 1st ten minutes was black knight - wow that was amazing - and i think we staggered through white chicks
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

What was the deal with Master of Disguise and the cunning plan to put a large chunk of the film after the closing credits?

Aside from the great Hot Fuzz, have also caught up on the two Crimson Rivers films, which were decent, nice cinematography and direction, and some great free-running monk action in the sequel!

Haveta start catching up more as I'm saving to hopefully make it back to the main fest this year (yay goes me, boo goes everyone else ;) )
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

soulmining wrote:*groans*

For f***s sake, first Epic Movie and now Norbit? Nooooooo!! Who are you and what have you done with lupogirl?

*rant over*
Lupogirl been taken over by alien from the planet of S####E taste. Mmm Norbit, Music and Lyrics. Of course Mr Bean the Movie. Can't wait!!
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

I thought Number 23 was really really good and Jim Carrey was excellent.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

SNAKEHEAD TERROR. While you lot were off in Glasgae, I plucked this at random from an Anchor Bay box and it's really not very good; of moderate interest if you want to try and count the bare-faced lifts from Jaws an Piranha. Even John Williams's two-note motif for Jaws gets quoted in the score for this one, bizarrely credited to Kenneth Williams. Monster effects variable; overall slightly amusing schlock junk.
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

Now I've seen the first 3 episodes of Heroes. It's pretty good so far. I can see why it's compared to Lost but I think it's not going to be as good as Lost. Certainly not so far.

This Siler fella seems pretty creepy! My favourite character is the teleporting Japanese dude, he's funny. The blondie cheerleader is nice too, but for other reasons. Though the flying chappie is a bit of a dull drip.

What an ending to episode 3!
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Up to Ep 13. What a great cliff hanger!!!!! About to watch Ep 14.

The Japanese bloke is great. Love his face of wonderment. He is my favourite character by far!!! :D
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Wait till you see Episode 17, it's the best one yet.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Yes, the friend who's been downloading them for me said that the last episode (17) was the best so far... I've just done episode 12 and been introduced to a certain cult British actor - I had NO idea he was going to turn up in this! My flatmate and I both looked at each other and said, "Was that...?"

Also saw The Number 23 this week... agree with lupogirl on this one, started off okay but was quite dull and I didn't buy the 'twist' later on, it just didn't add up. (Sorry)

Also had a great night out on Weds seeing Matt Berry with Paul, although I'm afraid the latter part of the evening is somewhat hazy (or indeed missing)...
First things first, stay calm.
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

ah the McEvoy effect...... missing parts of the evenings are essential....

I too have seen the Number 23, and thought it was terrible. But Jim Carrey did look pretty cute in it...... sorry, being the girl again! :lol:
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

The Number 23.... Oh dear..... the worst of the year, surely?? Razzies here we come!!!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Glad I wasn't the only one thought 23 was a great big pair of Granny pants!!

Well just come back from seeing Ghost Rider.

At last a film that had pace, and kept me engrossed throughout. Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Great special effects. Thought Peter Fonda was underwhelming a role better done by Christopher Walken who of would exuded menace.

Surprised by the 12a rating with some scenes. I give this a simmering 3 stars but bumped to 4 sizzling stars. Only because of Nicholas Cage in leathers and one scene in a towel. Just can't beat a shallow rating :wink:

Do I hear Soulmining groaning to this one!!!
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Alex Kidd wrote:Wait till you see Episode 17, it's the best one yet.
To tease along with Soulmining. There is a rather cute British actor who pops up in a episode. Quite surprising really. Nuff said.

Looking forward to seeing Ep 17. Getting all excited!!! :D