films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Yep, agree with almost all of the comments above re: Transformers 2. Too long, charmless and conceited. Interminable f/x sequences interspersed with 'humorous' scenes so poor you half expect to see Jar Jar Binks lope in from stage right. Enjoyed the first film but hated this one.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Punisher Warzone isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be with Ray Stevenson filling in the shoes departed by thomas jane and making a darn good frank castle,the violence is good, gruesome and very bloody just like the comic books,it has some similarities with max payne,and it did feel like it was a marvel abandoned project,but lets see Ray in another punisher and with a director and marketing campaign to push The Punisher to the front of the superhero line.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Grindhouse wrote:Punisher Warzone isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be with Ray Stevenson filling in the shoes departed by thomas jane and making a darn good frank castle,the violence is good, gruesome and very bloody just like the comic books,it has some similarities with max payne,and it did feel like it was a marvel abandoned project,but lets see Ray in another punisher and with a director and marketing campaign to push The Punisher to the front of the superhero line.
Did it capture the cynicism of the comic books or was it just violence?
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Soi Cowboy: I thought Thomas Clay showed a lot of promise with the nasty but under-rated low budget gem 'The Great Ecstasy of Robert Carmichael'. Soi Cowboy unfortunately (despite the David Lynch like last 10 minutes) is terrible - barely anything happens apart from the 2 main characters eating, walking around etc plus one painful 5 minute (felt like longer) shot of a woman walking with a zimmer frame!

Avoid like the plague.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Watched The Hangover. A very amusing film of chain of events. With a very strange array of friends with even stranger encounters.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

My Sister's Keeper the film version of the book by Jodi Picoult. If you liked the book you wont like the film. The ending is completely different, a proper hollywood fluffy kitten ending. I actually ended up shouting out "what the fuck, thats not how it ends!" luckily it was at work and it amused the other viewers.

Also casting Cameron Diaz as a mother of three kids the oldest being 15/16 just doesn't work. All in all not even a proper girly weepy, one to watch on a rainy day in your PJ's with some cake and a better movie to follow it up. Failing that just read the book.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

lupogirl wrote:Watched The Hangover. A very amusing film of chain of events. With a very strange array of friends with even stranger encounters.
Yup, this one far exceeded my expectations. Very funny film. Lots of incredibly well delivered one liners. I was expecting more Heather Graham though, she must be in it for a total of 5 minutes.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Blood: The Last Vampire includes most of the scenes from the 45-minute animation with added boredom :?
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

The Good, the Bad and the Weird - This Korean blockbuster is an absolute blast from beginning to end. Great characters and humour wrapped up in some really stylish visuals. Really recommend a viewing.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Blimey. Blog up hopefully next week.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

streetrw wrote:Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Blimey. Blog up hopefully next week.
Lol, that traumatic, huh? :wink: :lol:
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

A Saturday night double bill,1st up Transformers 2 which i really couldnt muster the energy to see but did,never the less here we go.
I really liked the 1st Transformers movie it was a great movie that was fun to watch and entertaining T2 is more of the same but less fun less story,less entertainng and at 150 mins running time very hard on the endurance to sit there for that amount of time and watch the 1st film rehashed with more transformer characters that mean less annoying twin characters add nothing but increase annoyance.
It steals from Gremlins,Eraser,even The Matrix, in its story that makes no sense.
The actors are wasted,even matthew marsden turns up for a couple of lines,he deserves better.
the sad thing is that this movie is making millions and it insults the viewer,everything about it is recycled from the 1st movie,the score by steve jablonsky is the same,the action scenes are the same,with some new footage,and its even cruder than the 1st,which it didnt need to be,this is not good movie making,its indefensible rubbish,what was michael bay thinking,150 mins running time hes not making an epic,its a summer movie,and if i was lego i would be looking very closely at the designs used for the primes as these are very similar to the Bionicles!
On the upside Megan Fox is great,Shia Lebouf is good and thats all i can say thats positive.
Drag Me To Hell was a welcome movie after T2 great fun refreshing to see a sam raimi horror flick & gruesome scary and a yukky ride to the end excellent movie.
Last edited by Grindhouse on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I never managed to see Twilight at the cinema so I rented it yesterday. Not impressed. Far too long and dull, but to be fair I suspect if I was a 14-year-old emu (or whatever it is gothy-type girls call themselves these days) I'd probably like it more.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

final post on T:ROTF a 10.10 PM showing which didnt start till 10.30 and didnt finish till 1 am,and there were kids in there at that time,which is cool if your a kid and up till that time,but i doubt any of them saw the end or all of the film,as its so bloomin long,& theres a heck of lot of military hardware for nutters of that sort of stuff,america showcasing its military might :( .