films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

giles edwards wrote:I'm also wishing to Cthulhu's mighty fist that the Jarvis Cocker's rather catchy end credits song "Running The World" gets nominated for an award in the coming season. Performing "It's Hard Out there For A Pimp" is one thing, but try getting Cocker's chorus of multiple "cnuts" on to national television !
ARGH!!! If I'd known that Jarvis' solo single was used at the end I would have stayed for the whole end credits. I haven't heard it yet. I'll have to go see it again. Cos I'm fed up waiting for news on the release of the album!

Really really good film.

I saw The Night Listener the other day. It was ok.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Just head over to Cocker's myspace for a listen to the song.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

not everyone is a memeber of myspace or wishes to be
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

:? Confused... I'm not a member of Myspace and if I go to his page I can listen to it OK... (painful to the eyes though Myspace tends to be, can always minimise while listening!) any use? :)
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

really? oh cool..will try that now then :).. though how come most myspaces require you to register before u see their pics/blogs

anyway enough of this musical myspace banter ha ha..just shows how thin the film releases are at the moment i guess
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Just a change of subject.

Just come back from seeing Borat (Thanks Alex)

Very entertaining, cringe making. at times laugh out loud film. Made me think if some of the scenes were staged or not. Loved the marriage blanket. Very amusing.

The one film that insults everyone but makes the subjects in the film the laughable ones!!!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

am i missing something here? is Borat not actually going to be released generally or something?!

glad to hear that its as funny as that trailer seems.

just got bck from Clerks 2 which is much funnier than i thought. yes i was fully expecting the drawn out speeches and dialogues about not achieving what you wanted to achieve. Thankfully Clerks 2 even references the events of Clerks specifically in relation to that issue as you sit there thinking "hold on..wasnt Dante supposed to be changing his life back in 1994?"

Randall seems to have lost some of his edge with his hatred of Transformers being kind of forced, although his impression of the lord of the rings is a gut buster. The cameo appearances are few which is gratifying after the glut of them Jay and Silent Bob have.

Highlights? Randall Vs LOTR, Randall Vs the online blogger, Rosario Dawson, gay inter species erotica, the birth of a new phrase "hideous Chud",

sadly due to a culled cinema run this is one, like Crank, many will only see on DVD..not that its really a cinematic film.. and it really needed to lose that "white man learns to dance" shite
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

ghouldrool wrote:am i missing something here? is Borat not actually going to be released generally or something?!
Yes, these are just previews. It's coming out properly on November 3rd.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Last night: to Northampton! And only just getting there by the skin of my teeth (memo to truck drivers - you can drive at more than 37mph on the open highway), squeezed into The Sentinel, just catching the 20th Century Fox logo but missing the BBFC certificate so I was unable to sotto voce "12A?!?!?!" as is now my traditional ritual. The Sentinel is okay, a solid, fairly predictable formula thriller of assassination and treason in the US Secret Service. Nothing earthshaking or cinematically innovative, but entertaining enough.

As for DOA - Dead Or Alive, this is really for Charlie's Angels fans who fancy younger women and think Lucy Liu and Drew Barrymore are past it. Fundamentally, nay exclusively, it's a hot-chicks-fighting movie. Girl Power here is basically about kicking huge amounts of arse but looking cute while doing so. Eric Roberts, the bad guy, is looking pretty haggard these days anyway but in this company it's like watching Old Man Steptoe. Fun in a Loaded covershoot-meets-Enter The Dragon way; it's dumb, fast, colourful, noisy and utterly ridiculous. But it's not like I went to an Andrei Tarkovsky movie.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Just returned back from a girly night out with Trixybella to see Miss Little Sunshine.

What a highly enjoyable film. Some great humour, some moving moments with some dark tinges. Great acting all round. The pageant was somewhat creepy.

The little girl who played Olive was excellent. A real scene stealer!!!!

Seeing Children of Men tomorrow at last. :lol:
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Just come back from Children of Man.

I too thought it was bleak and rather interesting story. At times had the look of Blade Runner. Good to see a film set in the future without everyone flying in pods

At times very moving especially with the Fragment of Prayer music. Some great acting and action sequences. Shame about the trailer showing the explosion in the cafe. Took away in the impact when seen in the film

I have to disagree here. Not one of my favourites of this year
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

wow wow wow

i adored the film

genuine shivers sown the spine (the old cineamtic orgasm qvc) on at least 5 occasions

brilliant filmmaking on every level i felt emotionally drained afterwards

my equal best of the year - with 2 others - im sure you know what they are
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

Well I've had a mad crazy cinematic few days!

First off was Children of men Which was totally distressing, as someone can attest, I physically couldn't speak after it, I've not been effected that way in a very long time by a movie so while upsetting, I loved every minute of it.......

Next day: My lovely girly evening with Lupogirl to Little Miss Sunshine, which after the upset of the night before was a wonderful light hearted movie, the children were frightening in the pageant (the fact its real only makes it more so) but overall a "nice" movie.

Today, those of you who know me well know I've been talking about Clerks 2 for months, well I finally saw it today! Dragged my friend Kim along (poor girl) and I don't care what anyone else says, I loved it. A long term Jay and Silent Bob fan, it ticked all the boxes, and the references to films past were fantastic, right down to the nickle bag rap and the kid being the same one as in Strikes back. The sign at the end was the icing on the cake, although I did want egg box man as opposed to milk carton woman. But still. Also on a cultural note, I'd never heard of Porchmonkey before, but its now my new favourite word and I'm joining Randall's quest to claim it back, starting with my message board signature. :D
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

World Trade Center. I have to say I was disappointed. I generally like Stone's movies; I enjoy the overblown bombastic approach of JFK (a personal favourite) and the underrated Nixon and, though I hated it at the time, I'm even coming around slightly to Natural Born Killers. Even Any Given Sunday, centred around a sport I don't give two hoots for, was terrific viewing. (Against that, I still think Alexander stank the place out.)

WTC is much quieter than Jolly Ollie's usual shouting/ranting style. No massive roster of big stars, no overdirected reconstructions of conspiracy theories. (It's not even in Scope!) He's trying to be so respectful to the subject (quite rightly) that unfortunately a lot of it plays like a True-Life TVMovie of the Week. Much of the focus is on Nicolas Cage and Michael Pena trapped in the rubble, but for drama I was much more interested in the wives (Maria Bello and Maggie Gyllenhaal) and families.
JasonMyers
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by JasonMyers »

I went to a screening of the documentary STANLEY KUBRICK: A LIFE IN PICTURES at the Cineworld Trocadero. It was showing as part of Raindance. I've seen the film before but I went because the director was in attendance, Jan Harlan. He was executive producer on 5 Kubrick films, from A Clockwork Orange onwards, and was also Kubrick's brother-in-law. He actually watched the film with the audience and then had a Q&A afterwards. He's a really nice, funny and engaging person. He talked about Kubrick's Napoleon script. He was asked if anything was happening with the project. Harlan said he talked with Spielberg a few years ago and Spielberg had said Ang Lee would be the perfect director. Lee couldn't do it because he was making Hulk. Harlan said both Napoleon and Aryan Papers are available projects and just need directors to do them.