films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Oh Mr Mining... you've destroyed all hope for me that Transporter will be any good!!! :lol:

I saw My Own Private Idaho last night... strangest movie I've ever seen... it didn't seem to have a main story even though there was one it was just.. well it wasn't prominant enough.

Gonna track down a chick flick today, it popped into my head when ummm a random song appeared on my ipod :oops: it's far too embarassing to say which song but it was the theme to a Wes Craven film Music Of The Heart about a teacher who fights to get funding for the arts in inner city schools or something.

Can't remember but from what I remember it was uber nifty
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Satans Puppy wrote:Oh Mr Mining... you've destroyed all hope for me that Transporter will be any good!!! :lol:

I saw My Own Private Idaho last night... strangest movie I've ever seen... it didn't seem to have a main story even though there was one it was just.. well it wasn't prominant enough.

Gonna track down a chick flick today, it popped into my head when ummm a random song appeared on my ipod :oops: it's far too embarassing to say which song but it was the theme to a Wes Craven film Music Of The Heart about a teacher who fights to get funding for the arts in inner city schools or something.

*cough*gloriaestefanand*NSYNC*cough* ;)
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

orlovsky wrote:
Satans Puppy wrote:Oh Mr Mining... you've destroyed all hope for me that Transporter will be any good!!! :lol:

*cough*gloriaestefanand*NSYNC*cough* ;)
How did you KNOW?!?!?! :lol:
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

ok so i finally get around to watching Edward Scissorhands,and on laserdisc too, i love the break between sides,even though its a couple of seconds,really liked it, was that Vincent Price's last film appearance?
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
hairyback
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by hairyback »

thats was his last time on the big screen in person but he did a voice for a thing called The princess and the cobbler in 1993, but last thing i watch him in was a dvd of The last man on earth ,much better then the other two films base on the same book.
voor
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by voor »

Those who know me, will know that Vincent Price has a special place in my heart - he is the first and foremost actor on whom I collect - we even had a Duke Filn Club night dedicated to him last year on my birthday - so I feel that I won't be sneered at if I interject a little at this point.

'Edward Scissorhands' was not Vincent Price's last screen appearance - this, in fact , is in a made for cable movie called 'Heart Of Justice' starring none other than than Eric Stoltz and Dennis Hopper - in it Vincent only has a brief cameo as a wealthy, homosexual bon vivant Reggie Shaw in only two scenes.

On the other hand even though Arabian Knights was released in 1995 - Vincent had done his voice recording years ago - before the film was unfairly and inhumanely taken from Richard Williams's hands. Williams started working on it in 1968 and in 1973 Vincent Price was in London working on a film and at that point recorded the all the dialogue for the character of Grand Vizier Zigzag.

Sincerely yours

Voor
hairyback
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by hairyback »

well i did said last big screen dont count made for tv stuff lol
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

well it was certainly good to see Vincent Price again,any body growing up with horror films of a certain age,would become fond of him in films.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

silent night deadly night a low point of the slasher genre,even though its very very silly,but not half as fun it would like to be,give me joan collins and that escaped lunatic with an axe in tales from the crypt it wins every time.
Titanic,who doesnt like Titanic? its a great movie but really needs a blu ray treatment,even the 4 disc set is good but the films broken into 2 discs and not done very well but the sound was superb.
and the parody with vince vaughn and ben stiller with JC very funny
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

'Slumdog Millionaire' is very good and watchable - a fairly simple plot and story but well done - this should do well at the box office but can't see it winning any awards however - probably deserves about 4 out of 5
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Slumdog… actually just won a whole bundle of critics awards in the US. And deservedly so: it’s magnificent. Danny Boyle’s best picture by far (and I really like Danny Boyle) and a picture we can truly be proud of here.

I’d be quite surprised if it doesn’t go all the way to the Academy Awards, to be honest -- it's that fresh and unique to make people sit up and wonder at cinema for a change (how it’ll do there is moot, just to get there would be a wonderful achievement for the production).
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Watched the remake of Assualt on Precinct 13 for the first time the other day. What toss was that? Not even a decent theme tune!

One thing I did like was the presence of John Leguizamo :lol:
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

giles edwards wrote:Slumdog… actually just won a whole bundle of critics awards in the US. And deservedly so: it’s magnificent. Danny Boyle’s best picture by far (and I really like Danny Boyle) and a picture we can truly be proud of here.

I’d be quite surprised if it doesn’t go all the way to the Academy Awards, to be honest -- it's that fresh and unique to make people sit up and wonder at cinema for a change (how it’ll do there is moot, just to get there would be a wonderful achievement for the production).
I can't wait to see this, Danny Boyle never seems to get the kudos he deserves in his own country which pisses me off. I genuinley think he's on of our best, with a really adventurous body of work and and the rare ability to make arthouse material commercial.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Hello Doris! wrote:Watched the remake of Assualt on Precinct 13 for the first time the other day. What toss was that? Not even a decent theme tune!

One thing I did like was the presence of John Leguizamo :lol:
Oi!! That movie holds a firm place in my heart as a fan of Rainbow Six Black arrow... :lol:

Went to visit my mate in Ketter(bor)ing and saw this... from the moment the first flash bang went in and they moved into position "OMG this is like Black Arrow... but.... it's a film!!!" our giddy legs kicked the chairs in front with excitment...

Ahhhhhhhh those were the days...

and Grindy... I likes Titanic and it really could use the Hi Def treatment but whats his face is working on a huge project yet so they're saying it's prolly gonna be 2010... it's not like they couldn't release a bare bones with Standard Def extras...

But I have a feeling for the Titanic release they'll have all sorts of PiP features :)
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

soulmining wrote:I quite enjoyed The Transporter and thought Transporter 2 was better, a slicker, more fun sequel... Transporter 3 sadly is garbage, perhaps the worst action film I've seen all year. Which is a shame. It's one saving grace is Jason Statham who is The Stath again and very good at it, but I just felt sorry for him as he's given nothing to work with and they go and make his character far too soppy in this one.

As for the rest of the film, where do I start? As streetrw rightly said, the editing/direction is all over the shop leaving us with incomprehensible fight scenes. The car chase (in fast forward half the time) is the dumbest car chase I've seen - and since when did two large lorries race each other along a road for miles so that The Stath *has* to go up on two wheels (unaided) to get past them? As for the underwater/airbags bit, well, that was beyond dumb. Honestly, Luc Besson must be writing screenplays based on notes he made when he was 12 years old. And the girl... prettyish maybe, although I kept thinking Bianca from Eastenders with shorter hair... but flip was she annoying going on and on and on and on and on about bloody food all the time. I didn't buy their relationship one bit, just terrible. Olivier Megat(r)on - great name though.
For some bonkers action and badass kung fu I highly recommend "Chocolate" by the guys behind Ong Bak. If you can sit through the opening half hour of dodgy acting and "plot" you're treated to some glorious chopsocky set pieces. With a lead who is no doubt touted as "the female Jackie Chan" it climaxes in a breathtaking showdown on a series of window ledges and balconies. A real big stoopid grin of a movie. :P