films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: films we just saw

Post by Satans Puppy »

Law abiding citizen... morally bankrupt trash :lol:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Sherlock Holmes - first time I've ever seen a Guy Ritchie movie and surprised the hell out of myself by enjoying it. Certainly not the best Holmes movie ever made but very entertainining with some good comedy and action.

Avatar - Excellent 3D effects and good battle scenes in the last half hour. However I found it overly long (dragged in places and I did find myself nodding off) and couldnt really get "Ferngully vs Colonial Marines" out of my head ... big stretched blue people with tails riding on big colourful lizards and getting all tribal .... ummm sorry not really my thing.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

DavieT wrote: couldnt really get "Ferngully vs Colonial Marines" out of my head ....
That's why I hated it... I just couldn't get the blatant rip off out of my head, yeah it looked stunning but the story was practically lifted from one film and place on this one, labelled as ORIGINAL. :x
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

DavieT wrote:Sherlock Holmes - . Certainly not the best Holmes movie ever made but very entertainining with some good comedy and action.
Agree there. Still find it amusing when you get characters with pearly whites. Loved the scene of how Piccadilly Circus used to look like. Watching this film, just a stone throw away.

Both Jude Law and Robert Downey Junior were a excellent comical pair. Be looking forward to seeing Robert Downey Junior if and when he plays Edgar Allen Poe.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

On christmas eve, i watched....st trinians 2. Yes yes i hear the chants of PERVERT! But that's not why i went ot watch it. I have become a fan of rupert everett and colin firth over the years and when i eventually watched the first, they were great! And besides, the one who plays annabel fritton is 24 years old so it's not wrong! :D
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:On christmas eve, i watched....st trinians 2. Yes yes i hear the chants of PERVERT! But that's not why i went ot watch it. I have become a fan of rupert everett and colin firth over the years and when i eventually watched the first, they were great! And besides, the one who plays annabel fritton is 24 years old so it's not wrong! :D
:) I'm going to watch it tommorrow - I enjoyed the original movies but Rupert Everett as Camilla Fritton is worth the ticket price alone :lol:
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I too am going to force myself through the horrors of St Trinians 2 sometime this week - I know it's going to be fairly terrible but it does have a good cast and there were anything up to two laughs in the first one. My one concern is that its PG certificate is going to mean the cinema is going to be cluttered up with peasant spawn; I'd rather wait until they've gone back to school / kindergaten / borstal and the cinemas are once again cluttered up with middle-aged perverts with a school-uniform fetish.

At least they know how to behave in a cinema and aren't going to be running up and down the aisles all the time like the obnoxious brats were in the entirely unsuitable Sherlock Holmes this afternoon. Fortunately, it's not terrible and I did rather enjoy it. First off I don't think Downey is ideal casting; that's when I could make out what he was saying over the collective din of the theory-of-evolution-disproving yob audience. Jude Law fares better. Secondly: while it's certainly the best of the four Guy Ritchie films I've seen thus far (Lock Stock and Swept Away happily continue to elude me), that ain't saying much. But it is overly frenetic and overdone, there's barely a scene without some kind of unnecessary camera trickery going on. It is, however, beautifully designed and Olde London, even if it's a mythical, never-existent one, is wonderfully evoked.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I enjoyed the first st trinians... :)

Today I watched The Descent, Deep Impact and urrr Something Something Darkside... comments on twitter and me blog lol

Deep impact was beyond poop!!

Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

my christmas tv viewing was non existent,mostly watched movies,my xmas eve guilty pleasure of Love Actually,and xmas days viewing of About A Boy,followed by Planet Of The Apes in the afternoon,which for its age and rating the violence is quite strong.
and subesequent days viewing Beneath The Planet Of The Apes,not a bad sequel and has its chilling moments and Escape From The Planet Of The Apes which shows its lack of budget and plays like a 70s sitcom movie in places.
and so to The Wrestler i have taken a while to see this and its a very fine film indeed,a performance of a lifetime for Mickey Rourke,another fine film from Darren Aronofsky.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Saw Avatar - 3D on News Year Day. What a amazing looking film. The time certainly flew by and at times I thought the story was on verge on being preachy but still kept me entertained. Just loved the look of it. All those lovely colours!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

lupogirl wrote:Saw Avatar - 3D on News Year Day. What a amazing looking film. The time certainly flew by and at times I thought the story was on verge on being preachy but still kept me entertained. Just loved the look of it. All those lovely colours!
All those lovely colours?!! Haha you're such a girl. :P
"The little pissed Welsh tit is here. And pissed"
mark
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by mark »

Just saw a preview of The Road with a Q&A with director John Hillcoat. This is powerful un-compromising film making that pretty much stays true to the original novel. Deeply affecting and moving. At the end of the Q&A Hillcoat stressed that films like this are getting harder to make and need your support. Go and see The Road at the cinema - tell your friends.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

caught Sherlock holmes a while back enjoyable nonsense but didnt quite give me what i hoped from it,still london looks great,didnt really see the point of rachel mcadams character,moriarty could easily have been shadowing them everywhere,rather than using her.
The Taking Of Pelham 123.
pointless uninteresting remake thats really not very good,time for tony scott to change his filmmaking style as well.
Fighting as entertaining as it can be with a few fights thrown in,NY looks great,and it has a great soundtrack,not as glossy as say never back down,but does feel incommon with walter hills HardTimes.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

Watched Daybreakers tonight, It wasn't awful.

It seemed like it probably had a decent script that didn't convert very well to the big screen. Dafoe was a walking cliche for the whole time he was on the screen.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

mark wrote:Just saw a preview of The Road with a Q&A with director John Hillcoat. This is powerful un-compromising film making that pretty much stays true to the original novel. Deeply affecting and moving. At the end of the Q&A Hillcoat stressed that films like this are getting harder to make and need your support. Go and see The Road at the cinema - tell your friends.
Saw this today and doubt I'll see a more duller two hours of cinema this year...

Deeply affecting and moving -- not with me it wasn't :(