films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
powerpopkid
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: films we just saw

Post by powerpopkid »

watching American Horror Story - god this series is awesome! Addictive stuff!
DemonChickxx
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by DemonChickxx »

powerpopkid wrote:watching American Horror Story - god this series is awesome! Addictive stuff!
I love American Horror....are you watching the 2nd series, Asylum???
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Watched a Great couple of movies yesterday.

Sightseers, bloody brilliant. As good as what the critics are saying. Bloody ! and Hilarious! Just go.

Then spoiled my day, by watching, one of the most harrowing films i've seen in a long long time, okay not a horror, but certainly horrific.

The Hunt (Jagten), an incredible turn from Mads Mikkelson as a nice ordinary bloke who is wrongly accused of child abuse by his best friend's child. Don't usually like art-house cinema but this is exceptional stuff. Nightmarish.
black_rainstorm
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by black_rainstorm »

American Horror Story is incredible and the best out of the horror television shows. I appreciate Murder House for it's comedy and Asylum for the story. Jessica Lange is incredible and really makes the show.

I saw Insidious Chapter 2 last night and it was very disappointing but I expected it to be from the trailer. There is too much scare shown and straight from the beginning too. They reveal too much and the editing is very choppy so nothing they do is particularly rewarding.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Tonight I saw 'Sx_Tape' from Candyman and Paperhouse director Bernard Rose at the London Film Festival.

It had some decent scare moments but I did find it to be quite an unoriginal found footage affair. I think that VHS/VHS2 have now shown how original you can be with found footage so the more 'traditional' ones tend to make me roll my eyes a little. Many found footage films have come up with great ideas as to why the camera holder is still filming etc. but this one doesn't. If found footage is done well they do 'get' me and I can find them quite scary whereas this had me going "enough already".

I think if this in a shortened version had been part of a VHS anthology it would have been adequate but more of a filler than a standout. It was almost as though the director had thought "Ooh, found footage, I'll have a go at that" without having watched any of the many out there since Blair Witch.

Watchable but hoped for more from this director.

I love Candyman and Paperhouse though! - in fact Paperhouse contains one of the most subtle but effective jump scares in film history IMO!
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

Saw Catskill Park at Cannes. Pretty mediocre found-footage stuff with some gaping plot-holes and a thoroughly unlikeable 'hero'. Also saw 'Angel', a British serial killer flick that is much too obsessed with conspiracy theories for its own good.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

Just saw 'Hangar 10'. Found footage again, but superior to many. Perfectly solid effort.

'Let Us Prey' is a pretty good British paranormal thriller set almost entirely inside a remote police station. Loved the ending and the gore effects were first rate.

'Murder of a Cat' - not a horror, but a lovely spoof of noir thrillers and perfectly put together by Sam Raimi.

'All Cheerleaders Die' - From Lucky McKee, who needs no introduction. Silly, funny, gory and oddly enchanting supernatural / revenge film. Hope to see it somewhere in the Frightfest selection.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

Today's genre treats were:

Blood Moon - A very nice little horror film about Navajo Skinwalkers set in the old Wild West, really good stuff and some cracking performances.

The First - Science Fiction Horror but not a strong entry. Hopefully the sound issues will be resolved before release but the plot still left me a bit uninterested.

Extraterrestrial - Absolutely brilliant Cabin in the Woods rip off, with aliens as the monsters and ticking almost every genre box in sight. A gem.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Goblin on the Horror Channel: If you thought the special effects in Cherry Tree were poor then they're amazing compared to those in Goblin, while the acting in Suspension is Oscar winning in comparison. Since when were goblins 6 foot, wearing a grim reaper outfit? And don't even get me started on the lip sync issues... I'm not going to give this film a rating out of 10. Just think of the worst film you have ever seen at FF and deduct 10 points - if you end up with a minus then that's being generous....
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
killer guinea pigs
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killer guinea pigs »

just watched the visit.

i wont reveal anything about the story as best you know nothing if you see it.

But i really enjoyed the film. the two children are excellent as are the grandparents and is is scary, funny and a great come back from the man.

i urge you to see this on the big screen and although it is found footage it is done more in the style of a documentary like the last exercism.

my only critism is that it could have been much scarier....but very entertaining.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

So what was your first horror of 2016? Mine was vhs viral which sadly was a real letdown after the fantastic vhs2. Virtually none of it worked and some of it (benson and moorheads skateboarding in Mexico segment in particular) was downright tedious. Oh well 364 days left to find something decent.
killer guinea pigs
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killer guinea pigs »

i have been watching a few 80's horror blu rays from 88 films.

x-ray......not very good.3/10

splatter university......quite funny if you have a drink 3/10

bloody birthday......painfull but a bit better than the above ! 4/10

Its not been a great start but go graduation day and nail gun massacre next.....cant wait !
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

The VVitch opens in UK cinemas on Friday 11th March - http://thepeoplesmovies.com/2016/03/fil ... tale-2015/
the house shot her !!!