films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Control - not really that interesting - and that's coming from a Joy Division fan.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

Jumper would need the creation of a whole new mathematical system to calculate how much it blows.

i must disagree as i feel Hayden did a far better job compared to Jamie Bell when you consider their relative abilities/pedigree. Bells accent was all over the place. Even Jackson phones it in and it has an even more blatant open end than the Golden Compass. bland unexciting and pretty empty.

Evil Breed the legend of Samhain a scrotal wart of a movie so magled even the director logged on to imdb to apologise and explain why it is so bad. A mixture of attractive young teen females and some very old looking teen males get bumped of in "ireland". The only saving grace is the disembowlment through the bum scene.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

movie madness from me starts off with Boo,not a bad movie some great jumps but too few scares,still its a pretty good DT DVD flick.
from the ff label Tears Of Kali ,this wasnt bad at all,well worth checking out.
John Woo's vietnam masterpiece,Bullet In The Head,i like john woo but his work varies from superb to ok,still this was good,flags at times but still worth checking out if you want to see his version of Michael Cimino's the deer hunter.
and if you were watching channel 5 last night you could have watched the dubbed version of The Killer :lol:

finally this morning Kane See No Evil,or is it See No Evil Kane,whatever its a WWE film,which once was WWF but were sued by the WWF world wildlife federation over infringement of names,duh like it matters.
well anyway i like one WWE film its a guilty pleasure of mine, :oops: yes its The Marine,john Cena is alright by me :wink: and Robert Patrick too,its big its dumb and u know exactly what your getting,The Condemned movie is just nasty and that has Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Kane See No Evil just has Kane, i bet Stone Cold and John Cena,dont half take the piss out of him for this,(i would hate to be kane in the shower room)its rubbish he does nothing,except kill a few dumb kids very badly,but you must check out the Stathe look a like,and towards the end we are supposed to feel sorry for kane as he was an abused child brought up by his demonstrative mother,which just doesn't work,Kane just has no personality at all its bland like a meal with no seasoning or spices.
Even Mitch Pileggi from shocker had that,Jason has that,freddy has bucket loads,michael myers has menace,Pee Wee Herman has comedy and his dog and so on it goes,kane has a bald head and a lump in his mouth,well poor him,the only thing i feel sorry for kane is,he needs a better agent to get him a better movie,and no movie wouldnt be complete without its token rap music song so we have some rubbish rapper called kamikaze? never heard of him have you?we are a long way off Ice T,Ice Cube DMX territory here,still he has his moment in the sun.
I cant wait for the kane sequel :D
maybe Gregory Dark has gone back to adult film :?:
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

It's actually Kane in See No Evil.

I love it (as everyone knows) and it still has one of the most memorable Frightfest endings in it.

The Marine on the other hand............ now I love my wrestling, and I already knew John Cena couldn't act for toffee but even so, that movie was terrible.

The Condemned I'm waiting to see, although the one I'm really looking forward to from the WWE stable is the western that's due for relelase next year, Journada Del Muerto It has Triple H in and is written by Alan McElroy, so should prove interesting...........
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

[quote="trixybella"]It's actually Kane in See No Evil.

lol who cares its rubbish
The more u defend it the bigger hole u dig :lol:

Of course The Marine is terrible thats why its soo good,just like Wrong Turn 2
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

more from me as i have way too much time on my hands today and so onto The Hamiltons i had seen this a few weeks back as it was only rental list,its won 4 awards according to the cover it must have been tough competition.
so onto this a family with no parents a kid dealing with issues (im thinking is he gay),a sister and 2 elder brothers,and something not quite right about them all which we dont find out till the last 20 mins or so,the sisters a twisted goth chick,and the brothers are up to no good,i dont mind low budget at all,but the pay off on this movie isnt worth the time of getting to it.
And just what is that in the cellar? or cage,is it some twisted person /mutant in a gimp suit,no its Eddie Munster,what a waste of a film so what if they are vampires,quite an inventive twist after all.
this is made by 2 directors called the Butcher Brothers,never a more apt name for horror,but i would rather see the Hamiltons direct a film called the Butcher Brothers
:D
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

[quote="ghouldrool
Evil Breed the legend of Samhain a scrotal wart of a movie so magled even the director logged on to imdb to apologise and explain why it is so bad. A mixture of attractive young teen females and some very old looking teen males get bumped of in "ireland". The only saving grace is the disembowlment through the bum scene.[/quote]

The tearing out of a silicon implant scene was quite funny as well.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Grindhouse wrote: finally this morning Kane See No Evil,or is it See No Evil Kane,whatever its a WWE film,which once was WWF but were sued by the WWF world wildlife federation over infringement of names,duh like it matters.
Ironcially the wrestling WWF sued the wildlife WWF over infringement and lost their own case. For once corporate evil was foiled.
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

Bearded Avenger wrote:Also saw Shower of Blood, which quite possibly features the worst acting ever. The nudity doesn't save it as the wimmin are all pretty unbecoming.
Hehe, worth watching though for the bit near the start where that blonde one keeps burping and farting. I laughed so hard at that!

Are you another zone horror lover?
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Laymonite wrote:Are you another zone horror lover?
It's not love - by 10:00pm I'm just too zonked out to muster up the effort to change channels.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

a real 70s grindhouse flick last night,Last House On Dead End Street ,from the Tartan grindhouse label,grim viewing made to be grainy and really gives that feel of watching a film within a film,and becomes a snuff film exploitation flick,with nasty killings,but very much a classic of its kind,titled to cash in on the notoriety of last house on the left.
a worthy addition to your dvd collection.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Forgot to mention a monumental (and I *mean* mental) double bill board members Davo, Benozoid and I enjoyed last week: Deodato's Phantom Of Death (aka Off Balance, presumably so-titled because Donald Pleasance spends the entire running time *leaning* on things - people, pianos, cars, tress, you name, he'll walk over and *lean* on it, midshot, no questions asked) and Paul Naschy's very eerie Panic Beats which has the most unexpected stomach-gutting in cinema, some truly magnificent wood panelling and Naschy himself as the most greasy, hairy and quite probably tobacco-stinking leading man of all time. As we said at the time, he probably reeks of "good funky times", all over every nubile starlet in the picture.

It makes you long for the exploitation double bill era of the last decades.
Last edited by giles edwards on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Davo
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Davo »

Both those were a hoot. Phantom of Death, despite the longeurs (mostly long talky scenes clearly filmed in various Euro producers’ opulent Italian mansions) is actually great entertainment. Pleasance, as Giles said, leans on everything, clearly exhausted, including hilariously throwing his arms around a doctor at one point, in a totally inappropriate fashion. He also gets a great moment where he screams and curses in the middle of a street like a total lunatic. Michael York’s performance is curiously affecting, especially when he begins to physically disintegrate Goldblum-Fly style. York doesn’t manage to work up much heat with poor Edwige Fenech though, and arouses his doggy companion (quite evidently in one hilarious blink and you’ll miss it scene) more than her!

And Naschy in Panic Beats (as in everything else he’s done) really is an extraordinary figure, his barrelly John Belushi appearance the absolute antithesis of the standard leading man.

Caught Lars and the Real Girl last week - a valentine treat for Mrs Davo (lucky lady?!) Tonally this Sundance Indie flick about a social misfit who falls for a sex doll is a bit hit and miss but it's always interesting and manages the happy/sad balance for the most part.

I really believe Ryan Gosling is turning out to be a remarkable young actor of real feeling and presence though. Very unshowy. He’s astonishingly good in this - as he was in last years Half Nelson.

I must confess I actually found the doll quite hot-looking at times, Oh dear…
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

I forgot all about the dog wood!
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Okay, I'm sold.... Phantom Of Death is added to my LoveFilm queue (though they don't appear to have it in stock yet). On the brighter side, they're sending me Dario Argento's two episodes of Masters Of Horror.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!