films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

morralex wrote:I really liked We Are What We Are at FF, one of the best movies I saw - very grim and bleak but it did this very well and acting was spot on (not that I personally know that many Mexican cannibals).
I'm winding everyone up by claiming they're vampires because the Father looks at his reflection at the beginning like he's never seen it. It's really bugging those people lol.

I read Grau is making a horror trilogy which is pretty f'in good news.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: films we just saw

Post by morralex »

Haha! Trilogy? About what? Sounds interesting. Nice to cyber meet you anyway, pretty new to board and FF, went to Sunday 2010, Halloween and a few other events FF have been involved with. Can't wait to do full five days this year, might be flying solo as I'm not sure any of my friends would be up for it.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

films we just saw

Post by daveroughcut »

morralex I'm flying solo also this year and it's my first five full days. I go to Glasgow and te all-nighter and managed a day at the London fear once before bit can't wait to gondor the full event for all the good and bad stuff on show.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

daveroughcut wrote:morralex I'm flying solo also this year and it's my first five full days. I go to Glasgow and te all-nighter and managed a day at the London fear once before bit can't wait to gondor the full event for all the good and bad stuff on show.
ditto all the way. I reckon I might be able to find someone to come on one of the days but that'll be all. everyone seems pretty friendly so I reckon it'll be a laugh! well up for it
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I'm always happy to give away free hugs :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Saw "Wakewood" the new hammer film at the prince charles, london yesterday (also out on DVD at the same time).

Have to say its pretty damned good. Has a really creepy feel to it and is a credible stab at a modern day Wicker Man type rural horror. A Young couple loose their daughter to a dangerous dog, and are given hope by creepy Timothy Spall who says he can bring her back from the dead but only for three days. This sets up the scene for an interesting horror ala The Monkey's Paw.

Spall is particularly creepy as the head of the "village".

Quite Gory, some great jump out of your seat moments, and a really malevolent atmospere make it the best home produced horror in quite some time. Good to see Hammer back in business.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

This weekend i watched .....several sequels:
Wishmaster 2
Rec 2
Hellraiser 2

and Demons

my copy of Wakewood arrived in the post yesterday but saving it for this coming weekend.
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Demons is ace, ridiculous gore and a gratuitous 80s soundtrack. Just got back from watching Les Diaboliques at BFI. Not seen it before, but so glad I did - creepy and with classic twist! going to see wake wood on Thursday - so up for it. Also got F on DVD but waiting for the weekend for that one.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

F is great hope you enjoy it.

Demons is fun i love some of the practical effects and make up which for me make it a cut above most other standard cheesey 80s stuff
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Went to a BFI screening of Les Diaboliques (courtesy of a Frightfest comp - thankyou gents). Really enjoyed it - had a vague awareness of the plot but it really took some interesting directions. And the remastered print was beautiful too.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

mamawaldi wrote:Went to a BFI screening of Les Diaboliques (courtesy of a Frightfest comp - thankyou gents). Really enjoyed it - had a vague awareness of the plot but it really took some interesting directions. And the remastered print was beautiful too.
Yeah I won that competition too, restored my faith on competitions as I have never won one.
Superbeasto
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Superbeasto »

Watched Martyrs yesterday, a mate didn't so much recommend it as tell me it was really upsetting and he wasn't wrong. In fact, 24 hours later I'm still trying to work out exactly how I feel about it. It's certainly a powerful film, and it's left me with a lot of mixed emotions which is rare and commendable. Hmmmmm.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

vault of horror last night
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

xBIGJOEx wrote:vault of horror last night

Oh yeah - great stuff!
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

yeah good fun I am really into portmanteau films at the moment