films we just saw

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

Yeah, and I felt the same; stylish and well put-together but a bit nonsensical.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

THE COVENANT (chorus of "12A?!?!?") is not good - a bland Teen Warlocks kind of thing in which the four sons of the town's founding fathers have occult skills and powers - but the long-lost bastard son of the fifth family wants all the power for himself. Loads of CGI effects and male models posing while more thudding rock music fills the soundtrack. Not worth the money, even on a UGC card. Really, not even worth tuning in for when it shows up on ITV in two years' time.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

streetrw wrote:THE COVENANT (chorus of "12A?!?!?") is not good - a bland Teen Warlocks kind of thing in which the four sons of the town's founding fathers have occult skills and powers - but the long-lost bastard son of the fifth family wants all the power for himself. Loads of CGI effects and male models posing while more thudding rock music fills the soundtrack. Not worth the money, even on a UGC card. Really, not even worth tuning in for when it shows up on ITV in two years' time.
I guessed this from the trailer. It looks like a very bad episode of Buffy stretched out to feature length.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

DEJA VU. <<<MILD SPOILERS>>> Brace yourself, hold a loved one (if you have one), get yourself a stiff drink.... Tony Scott's new movie is actually rather good!

Compared to his last few (Man On Fire and in particular Domino, which I think I rated the worst movie of 2005) it's an absolute masterpiece. In some sort of perspective though, it's nothing more than an engaging SF action thriller in which (as per usual for T Scott) things blow up hugely and the camera weaves around hither and yon, though thankfully nowhere near as much as usual. There are even shots in this movie that last for more than a few seconds! The plot's a nifty time-travel yarn with a terrorist outrage at the centre, for once the time-jumping more or less works itself out in the end; the cast's good with Denzel Washington giving his usual charismatic star turn again. Well worth catching, though there's still enough camerabatics to make it advisable to not sit in the front half dozen rows.
Payne
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Payne »

Hey, I liked man on fire, prefered the original ending though
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

camerabatics.....

love it!
dall425

black christmas

Post by dall425 »

maybe ive seen it all before or i'am just getting to old for this sort of stuff, but black christmas was a complete load of pudding !

teenagers in a house, crap dialogue and a 15 cert all add up to seen it before when friday the 13th came out.

the gore is uninventive and there is more tension in my grannys knickers !

Sorry purists but if the original is a pile of vomit then how is a remake going to be any good...........i should have known and i know its my own fault for going.

alan jones, and i love him..........must have watched the uncut, gory japanese version if he really thought this pile of santa's sludge was any good !!

So to sum it up.............it was crap.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

On the subject of Black Christmas.

After seeing the eye infested Back Christmas remake. I bought the original on DVD.

I was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable it was. Characters where they are not interchangeable girls who come from a identkit factory. At least there some plot but may be not fully explained.

Where there is moments of suspense and the rather creepy calls.

I found it humourous in parts especially the cheesed off Santa and alcoholic House Mother.

Far more enjoyable than the remake. Which I do agree is a pair of old granny pants.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
dall425

black christmas

Post by dall425 »

and another thing Lupogirl............why was santa visiting a mental asylum at the beginning of the film (did the inmates get to sit on his lap ?) and how could the killer look through the floor of the bathroom by removing one of the tiles ?

the bathroom floor could only have been millimetres thick and so how could anybody walk across it.............hold on, i'am sorry i am starting to take this too seriously, i think i need to watch a film based on science fact.

I know, tony scott has a new film out, he wont let me down !

Can one of the frightfest boys please let me know what films are on at glasgow or at least when will we know ??
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Take a deep breath and relax. Say it is only a dumb film!!!! :D
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: black christmas

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

dall425 wrote:and another thing Lupogirl............why was santa visiting a mental asylum at the beginning of the film (did the inmates get to sit on his lap ?) and how could the killer look through the floor of the bathroom by removing one of the tiles ?
Haha, I wondered both of these things. The Santa did say something about a children's wing, but... yeah, still not entirely sold on that. Then again, they did make Billy weird chicken skin cookie things, which is a level of pandering you wouldn't expect in a loony bin.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
dall425

black christmas

Post by dall425 »

sorry lupogirl i have to keep telling myself its just a movie......its just a movie.......its just a movie

I feel better now that other people have shared the above experience.............maybe they do have a wing for disturbed children because if you think about it maybe young micheal myers was staying there at some point. !

Going completely off the subject i watched deyu vu (cant spell it !) and thought it was watchable tony scott nonsense with a bit of a disappointing ending (i wont say why).

But it delivered on the action and set pieces...................still no word on what films are on at glasgow yet ??
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

You have to see the Original Black Christmas the Santa is rather amusing. A foul mouth drunkard.

Hopefully there will be news about Glasgow Killt Fested Fun!!!
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

there will be news me and ian will be doing end of year round up.. and very soon

xx
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Great news, can't wait to see what's playing.

The spam seems to be getting out of hand again.