'Zombie Studies' now official course at Baltimore University

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

'Zombie Studies' now official course at Baltimore University

Post by world_of_skin »

In case you've not seen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11219411

I thought I'd heard about this ages ago on the Mail-Order Zombie podcast but, actually, thinking about it, I think that was something else? I remember hearing about a course at an American college/uni that (I think) had been created by students there - they were possibly taking some sort of teaching course, so they had to create their own material, lessons plans and all that, seemingly being given freedom of topic?

I am sure that they said part of the course assessment (for those taking the devised zombie course, that is) was going to involve live-action zombie combat? :D And the more "academic" part of the assessment (or at least, the written segment) was going to involve questions derived from the Zombie Survival Guide?

Am I making this up, does anybody know? This wasn't just "in theory" either - I remember them saying on the podcast that people outside the college could sign up to take the course too, and that horror film critics and journalists were showing an interest in it too, so there was going to be far greater demand than places could accomodate?

I would love some sort of official course qualification/certificate in something zombie related, that would be awesome :) My degree certificate would find itself being replaced in its little frame, definitely!

Actually, that reminds me, having just mentioned the MOZ podcast: anyone got any good recommendations for horror podcasts? I can't seem to find one that suits me. Any recommendations appreciated!
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: 'Zombie Studies' now official course at Baltimore University

Post by xBIGJOEx »

extreme silliness.

as for podcasts i listen bloody good horror and bloody disgusting
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: 'Zombie Studies' now official course at Baltimore University

Post by world_of_skin »

xBIGJOEx wrote:extreme silliness.
thanks for dismissing my dreams, Joe :P

Actually, the linked-to one, above, is not silly! It sounds fairly studious to me. Admittedly I like the sound of the silly one a bit more though...

Ahhh, I haven't tried the Bloody Disgusting podcast - I'll give that one a try. Ta!
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."