Little Deaths, Lots of Horror!

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

Hello FrightFest Glasgowers!

So now you've seen the first shocker of FrightFest Glasgow 2011. What did you think of Little Deaths? What was your favourite segment?

Which images indellibly impregnanted your brains?

For my money, I loved the camera shots in House and Home, the sheer monstrousity of Mutant Tool and, of course, Bitch's bite!

What did you think?
Forum moderator, university Film Studies lecturer and movie journalist for mags including Little White Lies, Scream, Fangoria and the FrightFest eMagazine. I'm the one shaking and screaming at every screening.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Little Deaths, Lots of Horror!

Post by Kris »

Bitch was good but the other two sucked, just stupid and didn't do anything for me

Bitch would have made for a better 90 min film
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

I loved this but we all know i'm pretty dark. Piss, jism, mutant cock, sodomy and gravy on an arse (she was bloody good looking!). Also got a to speak to Andrew Parkinson director of I, Zombie and Dead Creatures and wished i brought them to get signed. He said he was going to bring the mutant tool, now that would have been something to giveaway.

Revovler you shall have my money.
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

A mutant tool should be the new must-have accessory! Should we maybe get donors and glitter to make them sparkle? What would be the ideal qualitites for a potentialk tool? I'm thinking production here! :-)
Forum moderator, university Film Studies lecturer and movie journalist for mags including Little White Lies, Scream, Fangoria and the FrightFest eMagazine. I'm the one shaking and screaming at every screening.
morton1874
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by morton1874 »

Having only seen Frozen last year, this was my first full frightfest weekend.

Thought Little Deaths was a poor start with Bitch the only part that raised my interest. I felt for the most part it the package was just trying to be shocking and controversial for the sake of it.
tweet tweet @homerbroon
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

And it didn't work, would have preferred a full length version of bitch , about 75 mins, more character introduction and development and a gruesome last twenty mins, think audition but with pedigree chum
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Totally agree... so wanted Little Deaths to be worth while but with a predictable first story, the poshes prossie in history in the second and an alright tale for the third... it was an underwhelming start and although still not as bad as Basement or Zombie Women of Satan, it still set the bar pretty low. :( Booooo
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Superbeasto
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Superbeasto »

I actually quite enjoyed it, and enjoyed it a great deal in parts.

The first story was brilliantly creepy for the most part (and I was genuinely a bit taken aback by some of the sticky details) and was one of those set-ups where I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what form the twist or payback would take. When it happened I thought it happened too suddenly and wasn't as interesting as I'd hoped but it didn't exactly spoil it.

'Mutant Tool' was quite fun, with a grisly ending, but it was a bit confusing in places. 'Bitch' was probably the highlight for me, because the horror was more psychological. I found the final shot really touching and a bit haunting, the fact that he quite obviously needed some form of revenge as closure before leaving, but there was still some love there too. Been in a love/hate relationship myself (although certainly not to the same level depicted in the film) and I found that ending really nicely observed and a wee bit powerful to be honest.

Basically 'Bitch' made the whole thing worthwhile for me, although whether it would have worked outside of the short story format I dunno.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Didn't like this thought it was rubbish with rubbish acting.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

But Bitch was good surely??

Living And The Dead
Red White and Blue

to being violated by randy dogs

How can you not like it?
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I think she left before Bitch :lol:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

I'm too close to this film to comment objectively, but I will say it was a shame the film wasn't shown at full screen and a glitch with the sound meant it had to be played in 2.0 rather than 5.1 which distorted the speakers in the cinema.

Not saying that to have got that right it would have changed a lot of people's minds, but it certainly didn't help to have distorted sound and a reduced picture size.

What I have found interesting is that everyone seems to have different favourites. I have my own personal favourite, but I have heard all three have been mooted by some people as their top choice.

Ultimately, this film tried to do something different, and I'll stand by that and for the budget these filmmakers worked with, I think there's something in every story which is great.

It's certainly better than Basement (hangs head in shame - sorry, but they made me release that film!!!)
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

What was the issue with the screen/projection seems to be a problem every year at GFT?
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

Kris wrote:Bitch was good but the other two sucked, just stupid and didn't do anything for me

Bitch would have made for a better 90 min film
Why did you think the other two sucked but Bitch didn't? Because of the tone shifts I'm wondering how much taste plays a part here.
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

maxmum wrote:Didn't like this thought it was rubbish with rubbish acting.
Why did you think it was rubbish? Strong words need evidence ;-)