Little Deaths, Lots of Horror!

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Little Deaths, Lots of Horror!

Post by Alex J »

Bizarre British sex and death anthology with some interesting ideas, even if some of the endings were a little too predictable. Certainly different to the usual multiplex fare - and I somehow doubt that this film will turn up at the multiplexes due to the strong content. Some memorable scenes help compensate for the variable performances. 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

DoctorKaren wrote:
maxmum wrote:Didn't like this thought it was rubbish with rubbish acting.
Why did you think it was rubbish? Strong words need evidence ;-)

I thought the acting was terrible, the story seemed to be just trying to titilate those with poor taste, or trying to be as 'sick' as possible just for the sake of it. No atmosphere in my opinion.

I dont know I just get dissapointed when I look forwards to Frightfest and we end up having to watch sub par stuff - why is this? is it just because it gets offered to frightfest as an 'exclusive' or 'premiere'? I would rather watch the best even if it's not a premiere. I get the feeling sometimes we have to watch stuff just for political reasons, like the FF team show stuff to keep relationships in the 'biz' on the go, rather than thinking about if the movie is really good and worthy of the FF crowd. I feel a bit insulted sometimes at the quality of the movies when we all pay our hard earned cash not just for the cinema tickets but travel and accomodation too. Obviously premieres of the best new genre movies would be preferable :-)

And being force fed certain movies just because they are British...again not interested. People are going to say 'but you have to support it it's British' - sorry if it's rubbish I don't have to support it.

I can't really think of anything positive to say about it, technically it was acceptable I suppose, decent if boring camerawork and lighting... stories were just in very poor taste.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

I really want to see this. Love Brit antholgies. I know this isn't quite the same as the house that dripped blood, asylum and films of that Ilk. Looks interesting!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I'm with maxmum on this...

Bitch was great, the rest of it was just meh...

Great british horror of late - Eden Lake and Mum & Dad. Excellent films, great horror additions. This just didnt tick any boxes.

Glasgow frightfest lacked any "fright" at all this year.

That said I do think Simon Rumley does make good films and is brilliant at what he does and it showed that his was, for me at least, the best part of a very average film.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Definitely with you on the mum and dad & Eden lake thing. Still really wanna see little deaths though. Also, need to wait red, White and blue - only went to the Sunday in august. Think the uk release date is coming up soon though.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Little deaths was middle of the road in terms of performance, but the ideas themselves were v.good.

As i said to people up in glasgow, straight away it reminded me of the british mini-series URBAN GOTHIC that had Richard O'brien as the story-keeper.

Like them, little deaths was basic in element but there was something in each of them that felt new. I personally would love to see them try again but with more time and alittle more POW to each story.
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

morralex wrote:Definitely with you on the mum and dad & Eden lake thing. Still really wanna see little deaths though. Also, need to wait red, White and blue - only went to the Sunday in august. Think the uk release date is coming up soon though.
I really do recomend Red, White and Blue. I was damn near comatose after seeing it. Man is it powerful.
Forum moderator, university Film Studies lecturer and movie journalist for mags including Little White Lies, Scream, Fangoria and the FrightFest eMagazine. I'm the one shaking and screaming at every screening.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

totally agree. One of the many highlights from last year.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Does anyone know if this has been released on DVD yet? Found something somewhere that says 6 June release date but can't find the DVD anywhere?
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Currect me If I'm wrong but Red, White & Blue gets released on the 26th of September. Canny wait like!!

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
SilverGunnar Hansen
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by SilverGunnar Hansen »

I was pleasantly surprised by Little Deaths, expected to hate it. Thought it had a bit more going on than most of Brit horror films. Here's my review: http://www.eyeforfilm.co.uk/reviews.php?film_id=19745

I wasn't too keen on Red, White And Blue when I first saw it, but it's stuck with me, looking forward to seeing it again.