Anyone out there interested in making a Troma-esque film?

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
tromaphile
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Anyone out there interested in making a Troma-esque film?

Post by tromaphile »

I'm a 26 year old aspiring filmmaker and I'm looking for a like-minded people to become involved in the creation of a low-budget Horror/Comedy film. I'm looking for it to be a similar style to that of movies made by Troma (The Toxic Avenger, Class Of Nuke 'Em High, Poultrygeist) i.e. laden with makeshift gore, dark humor and underlying satire. It will be a short film to begin with as I want to test the water.

I'm not someone who has a solid vision or finished script and is ready to hire a crew and shoot, but I'm looking for people who are interested in joining me to create something from scratch and be there every step of the way. I always find it more fun to create with other people, and despite having an endless supply of very talented and creative friends, none of them are particularly interested in filmmaking or horror, so that is why I am reaching out on here.

I guess first of all I'm looking for some people who'd be into working alongside me to write a basic story, then flesh out a script from it and take it from there. I must stress that I'm not necessarily looking for people with any experience, just people with a passion to make a film.

If anyone is interested, please email me:
tromaphile at gmail dot com

Cheers!
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Anyone out there interested in making a Troma-esque film

Post by Melvin Junko »

Can there be midgets and ebola? If so, I'm in :)
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

yes
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Zombie Ed
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Zombie Ed »

If it involves zombies, then we can the word out to over 13,000 Zombie Times subscribers for you... and in the past we have got film makers, extras, make up artists and even funding....
Next Event: Day of the Undead. November 17th, 2012!

Home of 'The Zombie Times' E-zine. Join 13,000 subscribers, email ed@terror4fun.com with the subject 'I EAT FLESH'

Twitter: @ZombieEdUk
Facebook: Terror4fun: UK Zombie Events