German Angst

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

German Angst

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Mentioned in the latest Cannes postcard, and possible future Frightfest movie...
GERMAN ANGST is a mystery-horror feature film directed by JÖRG BUTTGEREIT, ANDREAS MARSCHALL and MICHAL KOSAKOWSKI. A German independent anthology that connects three urban nightmare stories in today's Berlin with the forgotten horror tradition of the 1920s.

GERMAN ANGST invites you on a cross-border journey to the horizons of the genre film. We turn to those who believe that German film culture should not only consist of shallow problem dramas and comedies. We want to make the movie that our fans have long been waiting for.

All three directors have won international fans with their very different films Nekromantik, Der Todesking, Tears of Kali, Masks and Zero Killed who are now invited on the GERMAN ANGST trip.

GERMAN ANGST is independently-produced suspense, shock and the fascination of the dark.

GERMAN ANGST continues the tradition of German Expressionist horror film (The Golem, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari or Nosferatu) of the 1920s into its own fresh interpretation of the genre. GERMAN ANGST is the German answer to episode films like The Theatre Bizarre with the signature of three idiosyncratic directors.
German Angst is currently seeking funding at:

http://www.startnext.de/en/german-angst/
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: German Angst

Post by DJBenz »

Sounds interesting, it'll certainly be good to see Jorg Buttgereit back in the director's chair.

However, then we get to the bit that always makes me switch off:
sherbetbizarre wrote:currently seeking funding at
Meh. Let me know when you're actually making a movie. :|
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

My problem with crowdsourcing is I never have enough spare cash to help them out! This is a project I'm interested in, but you have to pay at least 75 euro to get a blu-ray - I'd rather have a 12-15€ option for a blu-ray only, then maybe I'd consider it...
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

sherbetbizarre wrote:My problem with crowdsourcing is I never have enough spare cash to help them out! This is a project I'm interested in, but you have to pay at least 75 euro to get a blu-ray - I'd rather have a 12-15€ option for a blu-ray only, then maybe I'd consider it...
Wow, €75 is an expensive blu-ray! I think my problem with crowdfunding is that everyone seems to be doing it at the moment. No-one seems to be making films any more, just making funding campaigns. And then some projects that do get funded go off and shoot their film, then launch another crowdfunder for "post-production". I find the whole thing a bit frustrating (as a site editor) and I pretty much discard any press release that comes in with Kickstarter or Indie-gogo links in it.

As it happens, there's a US director, Kevin Kangas, who has made a horror movie (Garden of Hedon) and it's all ready, finished, edited etc. He's launched a campaign to recoup the costs of making the film, and if he succeeds then he'll give it away for free by uploading it via torrents. One of the more interesting approaches to the crowd-funding model I've seen. (link)
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

DJBenz wrote:Wow, €75 is an expensive blu-ray!
Yeah, you get other stuff too, but €75 is the cheapest option that includes a blu-ray.

I'd probably go up to €20 for a blu-ray to help them out... but I cannot afford to put that sort of money in, only to have to buy a copy later.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Looking at the funding page, they managed to achieve the budget (and a little bit more). :)
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Yep - Maybe they'll all turn up to see us in a years time ;)
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »