Censorship

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Censorship

Post by iomega »

One of the hidden gems on the FrightFest website is Richard Streets blog. He continually comes up with about once a month interesting and thoughtful essays on as the title of the blog suggests his random thoughts. I've just posted his latest essay about the creeping cancer of censorship. It's a very interesting read. You should have a look.

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/Richardstre ... ndomt.html

Ian
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Censorship

Post by zappa fan »

As ever a great read. I like Battenberg.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

Great read with salient points made - Richard always hits the nail on the head. I've never understood why parents can't be arsed to monitor what their kids are actually doing on the internet. When my one was young we had the computer in the front room so we could keep a check of what she was looking at. You're not stifling them, you're being a parent.

And I love Battenburg too! :D
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

I disagree with Battenberg, but I defend to the death your right to enjoy it.

Great piece, weird how history repeats itself - even more so when the Daily Mail is still at the centre of the 'Ban this Filth' campaign. Thankfully, we have moved on and hopefully this will be a storm in a teacup (Side of Battenberg optional).
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

This is a subject pretty dear to my heart as both a longstanding horror fan and also as somebody who works in the sex industry; the fact that it's unenforceable isn't the point and like (I suspect) everybody else here, I object to being told what legal material I can view in my own home on my own equipment just because some people can't be bothered to look after their kids properly.

I hope it's OK to post this here, but anybody wants to register their disagreement there is a petition at: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.g ... ions/51746 - it's got over 18000 signatures already and a few more certainly won't hurt :).