Soskas to direct See No Evil 2

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Soskas to direct See No Evil 2

Post by DJBenz »

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/47381/am ... no-evil-2/
Jen and Sylvia Soska, aka the Twisted Twins, will follow their acclaimed surgical horror American Mary with See No Evil 2, a sequel to the Kane-starring slasher movie.

Bloody Disgusting reports that the Soskas will direct the film, in which “Kane will return as the reclusive madman Jacob Goodnight, who rises from the dead in the city morgue after his killing spree at the Blackwell hotel and goes after a group of medical students who fight to survive.”

The Soskas are also directing a segment for The ABCs of Death 2, and have discussed directing a monster movie called Bob. While there wasn’t a lot of critical interest in See No Evil, it seems fair to say that there’ll be a lot more attention paid to the sequel following the love for American Mary.
I can't be the only one that's slightly disappointed by this news? For a pair that are such creative and determined filmmakers, it seems a big step down to pick up a direct to video sequel of a WWE film that is hardly regarded as a horror classic. I'd have been much more happy if they'd announced that Bob (the film they talked about doing after American Mary) had started pre-production.
Wortsie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Soskas to direct See No Evil 2

Post by Wortsie »

Whilst I'm sure they'll bring something unique to the project, I agree it hardly seems a vehicle worthy of their considerable talent.
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

But it may fund something, like Bob, that a studio may be hesitant to back - the Coen Brothers do a similar thing. And also the twins are big WWE fans!
Wortsie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Wortsie »

If it gives them the funding for 'Bob' then I can see no evil with this sequel.
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

Wortsie wrote:If it gives them the funding for 'Bob' then I can see no evil with this sequel.

*Boom-tish!* :lol:
Catweazle
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Catweazle »

Having now watched SEE NO EVIL 2 I have to conclude it WAS, as feared, a sell-out. Completely soulless - and if their name hadn't come up in the credits (and the cameo), I would never have known it was directed by them. :(
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Catweazle wrote:Having now watched SEE NO EVIL 2 I have to conclude it WAS, as feared, a sell-out. Completely soulless - and if their name hadn't come up in the credits (and the cameo), I would never have known it was directed by them. :(
Couldn't agree with this more.