VHS of ‘Hellraiser’ keeps appearing on top of bus stop...

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

VHS of ‘Hellraiser’ keeps appearing on top of bus stop...

Post by sherbetbizarre »

A VHS copy of ‘Hellraiser’ keeps appearing on top of this bus stop, and nobody knows why

An Elephant & Castle bus stop may be a portal to hell, according to a peculiar story we picked up from Peckham Peculiar. For the last few years, a VHS copy of 1987 horror film ‘Hellraiser’ – the moving tale of a chap with a pincushion for a noggin – has sat atop the bus shelter by Lidl on Old Kent Road. You’re thinking, ‘That’s just littering.’ So were we. Until a second copy appeared. And then they both vanished. And then they came back. And vanished again. And returned again. And then a copycat VHS turned up on a Stoke Newington bus stop. Is it a prank? Some kind of Walworth wormhole? No idea, but we’re obsessed.

Discover the spooky story in full below:
http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2014/0 ... ellraiser/
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: VHS of ‘Hellraiser’ keeps appearing on top of bus stop..

Post by DJBenz »

I read this today, brilliant.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: VHS of ‘Hellraiser’ keeps appearing on top of bus stop...

Post by WraithApe »

True story! I used to go past that very bus stop on Old Kent Road every day on my way to work. From the upper deck, I often spied said VHS tape on top of the bus stop. At some point, it was so weathered it was almost unrecognisable, and got replaced by a new copy. Never did get to the bottom of that mystery... it hasn't been there for a while now though; always check if I go past it in the bus!