Monthly Horror Night - free!

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
movieramblings
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Monthly Horror Night - free!

Post by movieramblings »

Hi all,

I, along with fellow tutor (and horror enthusiast) Andreas Charalambous, run a monthly horror night here at the University Centre Harlow (Essex) where we take over the media theatre, host a talk on a genre favourite/forgotten gem, screen a horror short and then take a look at the film in question.

We have been holding these events since December last year and over the last year have discussed/screened the likes of Black Christmas (1974), My Bloody Valentine (1981), Suspiria, Session 9, The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue, The Man Who Haunted Himself and more.

The events are free and kick off at 6.30pm (running until roughly 9-9.15pm) and we dish out free refreshments, popcorn etc - basically it is a chance for like-minded horror fans to get together and chat about films that they would usually never be able to see on a big screen (which we have on campus).

Our next event is set for Thursday, November 19 and I will be talking about the 'Psycho' series of films, focusing on my book "Psycho Origins' which is published next week, looking at Ed Gein, Robert Bloch's novels and the Psycho franchise.

We would love more people to attend these events so I would like to throw out an open invitation to all Frightfesters that if there is anyone who lives in the Essex area (or who could get here) then we would welcome you with open arms - there is free parking on college campus, or the Harlow Town train station is a short walk away.

If anyone is interested (we will be running another in December looking at Christmas horror films) then please contact me via simon@movieramblings.com or sfitzjohn@harlow-college.ac.uk for more details.

Hope to see some of you there :)
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Monthly Horror Night - free!

Post by MalJutley »

Simon

Thanks for the invite. I actually work in Harlow. However this Thursday I can't do. I will make the next one. Can I bee added on a mailing list or event update type thing? I would be more than happy to attend these on a regular basis being so close to home!