so what are y'all listening to while you read n type?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Gary Numan - Slave :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_mld7sYpIQ

"Here in this room
I'm a slave to your voice
I wait in the dark
With a cold metal choice
Here in this room
Where desire will bleed
And no-one can help you
No-one but me

Here's something to remind you

Do you remember
The last time you cried?
Need I remind you
How innocence lied?
Here in the dark
You're a secret untold
A helpless obsession
So perfectly cold

Here's something to remind you

Cry for someone, something, I'll laugh at you
Beg for someone, something, I'll laugh at you
Scream for someone, something, I'll laugh at you
Pray for someone, something, I'll laugh at you"
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

Bearded Avenger wrote:Blonde Redhead - 23
I think you're only the second person I 'know' who not only knows who Blonde Redhead are but also likes them! Is 23 any good? I only have "La Mia Vita Violenta!" and it's awesome. Took me about 6 years to track down the CD after a friend taped it for me...life is so much easier now I have t'internet!

Have been listening lately to:
dEUS - Pocket Revolution and the new one, Vantage Point (still trying to get into it, it's growing on me)
Nick Cave - The Lyre of Orpheus/Abattoir Blues
Crazy (German film) - soundtrack
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

scrobble wrote:
Bearded Avenger wrote:Blonde Redhead - 23
I think you're only the second person I 'know' who not only knows who Blonde Redhead are but also likes them! Is 23 any good? I only have "La Mia Vita Violenta!" and it's awesome. Took me about 6 years to track down the CD after a friend taped it for me...life is so much easier now I have t'internet!
'23' is brilliant. My main problem with previous Blonde Redhead albums was the experimental noise rock that got in the way of the tunes, but there's none of that on '23. Just brilliant massive etheral pop.

Resently have continued to have The Replacements and The Misfits on an awful lot, plus:

Angry Samoans - Back From Samoa (did you know they saved Hitler's cock?)
Career Suicide - Anthology of Releases: 2003-2005
Cat Power - Jukebox
Kuusumun Profeeta - various albums (mad Finnish post-rock, prog, jazz, folk rock).
Echo Is Your Love - Lion Tamer Versus Tigers (brilliant Finnish indie band in the vain of non-scronk Sonic Youth)
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

Bearded Avenger wrote: Angry Samoans - Back From Samoa (did you know they saved Hitler's cock?)
Apparently, they hid it under a rock.

Currently, as I type, I am listening to Stuart by The Dead Milkmen.

I would urge anyone into pop tinged punk based psychedelia to listen to the amazing Dead Milkmen, think Violent Femmes meets Black Flag. They were massive in the US back in the day, but not so big over here.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Jim Fear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jim Fear »

Bearded Avenger wrote:
'23' is brilliant.
'23' is indeed brilliant. Also great is 'Misery Is A Butterfly'. I'm very fortunate in that I have a friend who works at the record label they're on and so I get their stuff for free every once in a while. :)
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Maybe I should be horsewhipped, but I haven't heard of 99% of any of the bands you guys are talking about..... You could be making them all up, and I'd never know. :D

Currently playing: LIVE AND LET DIE (soundtrack; score by George Martin). This is the only CD with a McCartney song on my shelves, and the song never gets played anyway. The score is a great (and fantastic sounding) fusion of funky 70s blaxpo, and is as different from the traditional Bond sound as possible (without bringing accordians into the mix).
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Get with the times StreetRW, I'm currently listening to:
Eardrum
Guillotine Catflap and
Findus Crispy Pancakes.

Maybe not. No, I've not heard of any of the bands being namechecked either. Now where did I put my Brother Beyond CD...? :lol:
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

well your not alone in not knowing many of these bands,that get mentioned.
somebodys bound to use Findus as a band name if they havent already :D
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

...this Opeth album someone gave me...
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

HOSTEL 2 soundtrack. Full-on orchestra recorded, approproately, in Prague.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

Avenged Sevenfold, anything on guitar hero 3 (I became addicted during the past week but now it's gone :cry: ) and Bullet For My Valentine, purely for his speech imediment, which really isn't as cruel as it sounds. The moment a bloke in a metal band starts singing his song entitled "Scream, Aim, Fire" as Scweam aim and fire" there's an immdiate note of hilarity)

I fully expect the backlash about that one.
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Soundtrack to Uwe Boll's In The Name of the King. Ugh - some pretty horrendous metal on here with folky elements! "FIRE! BURN!" scream the lyrics. Movie review at the weekend :wink:
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

trixybella wrote:Avenged Sevenfold, anything on guitar hero 3 (I became addicted during the past week but now it's gone :cry: ) and Bullet For My Valentine, purely for his speech imediment, which really isn't as cruel as it sounds. The moment a bloke in a metal band starts singing his song entitled "Scream, Aim, Fire" as Scweam aim and fire" there's an immdiate note of hilarity)

I fully expect the backlash about that one.
The peddant in me cannot help but comment that BFMV are in fact nu-emo/screamo or whatever the kids are calling it. Therefore it's an offshoot of hardcore punk and not metal.

I was rather annoyed the other day because a colleague accused me of being a goth.
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

The pedant in me (and the english teacher) can't help but correct your spelling :lol:

However, screamo I will agree with, despite the fact they promote themselves as a metal band. So it's a toss up.
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

If anyone is in to the new array of emo bands I'd reccomend checking out the likes of Rites of Spring, Embrace, Samiam, Gray Matter, Three, Heroin or Antioch Arrow... the mid to late 80's bands that were playing emo before it was called emo. Yes, despite what it said in the 2004 Reading Festival Programme, Weezer did not invent emo;)