so what are y'all listening to while you read n type?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

chilling and unwinding after the crazy weekend

mmm

mmmyspace - the long winters - free downloads - LOVING everything is talking (my bank is hip hop jazz) and honest esp.. really cool band

also looking forward to the hold steady on monday - what a GREAT live band - anyone going?

and marc almond's birthday gig week on monday

i cannae wait!
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

This evening I've played the score to NORTH BY NORTHWEST which I picked up in London this afternoon. (I also picked up the CD to THE GRUDGE 2 at the Cinema Store but I haven't played it yet; Chris Young in horror mode is invariably a good dark listen.)
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

and in honour of one of my oldest and best friends, david brown, who now resides down under ( and the author of a fantastic new regular blog coming soon to this very site!)

morrissey :

maladjusted - (from a stevenage overspill.... stalk the house in a low cut blouse)

the teachers are afraid of the pupils ( 11 minute wagnerian epic - we both played this to death in the store when this came out!...happy days :D
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

mmm

big sausage - small mouth

:wink:
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

and finally..

a great dance track

justice - phantom

(now where do i know that soundtrack sample from??)

i think you can youtube it
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Amy Winehouse.

(Sorry, different question) :wink:
First things first, stay calm.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

and er tracey emin hey phil.. :oops:
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

I was in Frankfurt two weeks ago an had the oportunity to go to some gigs at a local 'Youth Cultural Centre' - and they were the wildest gigs I've ever been to: Converge, Sonic Youth and Ted Leo/Pharmecists. Especially the kids swinging from the ceiling. The lack of hecklers was interesting - in fact I may have introduced it to Germany when I shouted that I didn't want new songs or olds songs and that Converge should stick to covers. Could have done without the guys who were shouting 'USA, USA' after Concerge finished. For the first time in my life I actually shouted, 'Engaaaarlaaand'. I blame the weissbeir.

Anyway spent all my Euros on CD's I'd have difficulty find in the UK: Fxcked Up, Brutal Knights, Pointing Finger, The First Step, The Malnourished, Tear It Up and Career Suicide which are currently being listened to.

Just booked Interpol and The National tickets, but they're not til November.
Matt
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Matt »

I'm at work and so, as such, there is no music playing. However, in my head all I can hear is theme song to the old TV show 'California Dreams'. I don't know how or why this has happened to me, but it has.
www.Myspace.com/Filthybastards - With a new blog about horror actors.

www.myspace.com/MattEdwards - Featuring a shiny new blog with some amazing facts.
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Sarah of the Dead »

Matt wrote:I'm at work and so, as such, there is no music playing. However, in my head all I can hear is theme song to the old TV show 'California Dreams'. I don't know how or why this has happened to me, but it has.
HAHAHAHAHA.

Surf dudes with attitude?

I hate that it was so easy to find this.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
Matt
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Matt »

All I had was the chorus. Now I have the verse too. So thanks for that.

Kind of groovy, laid back moves. That was the next line.

I remember they had the album at my local Our Price. I never bought it, but there was always this voice in my head that said "Buy it. There will come a time when this will be hilarious" I never did.

www.myspace.com/MattEdwards - Featuring a shiny new blog with some amazing facts.
Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Well, if you had way more money than sense, you could still buy it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... 922&sr=8-1

I used to LOVE that program.
[size=75][url=http://sarahhatesyourmovie.blogspot.com]Sarah Hates Your Movie[/url][/size]
Matt
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Matt »

I am of an appropriate stupidity to buy that CD, but not of the appropriate tax bracket.

Did you prefer the money obsessed manager of the band, Sly, or the surly but misunderstood biker, Jake?

Sarah of the Dead
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Wasn't there a line-up change at one point? And... why am I seriously considering looking on YouTube for clips?

I was a Sly girl, though. Unfortunately.
Matt
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Matt »

There was. It was quite a hefty one between series. At least once, although it may have been twice. I wish I could honestly say I've looked up any of this information. How is it I can remember that they called Sly 'Winkle' but I can't bring milk home with me?

I don't have an answer as to why you're considering Youtube clips. If nothing else because the time it would take to consider watching them could be spent actually watching the clips. Which are probably excellent and soul destroying all at the same time.