what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

streetrw wrote:I'd seen Deep Red for the first time about a week ago and that, like Suspiria, Opera and Tenebrae, had been a revelation.
For me, the revelations of the Argento Fantasm were seeing Suspiria on the big screen (even though cut!) and the full length Phenomena (after, like you, only having seen Creepers)

Stendhal gets better everytime I see it... what Argento was trying to achieve needs mutiple viewings... and if that's down to "bad directing" then it was probably is...
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Die Hard 4.0 the unedited 2 disc edition,with the swearing back in and a yipee kai yay MF ending!
great stuff dont bother with the single disc or get the R1 unrated edition :D
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
jimbo
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by jimbo »

Grindhouse wrote:Die Hard 4.0 the unedited 2 disc edition,with the swearing back in and a yipee kai yay MF ending!
great stuff dont bother with the single disc or get the R1 unrated edition :D
I've been waiting to hear from someone with this disc! Have you watched it yet, has it definitely got the swearing back in and everything? I really enjoyed it at the cinema, but the editing was terrible, a real hatchet job...
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

yes indeed its got the swearing back in and a little bit more attitude and blood that goes with the die hard films.
deleted scenes
lots of stuff on the 2nd disc about the making off diehard 4.0,sadly it lacking any commentaries so i guess R1 or R3 discs are the ones to get for that,not even the blu ray disc to my knowledge has the swearing back in.
its not on the shelves of most shops so takes some finding and i paid 17.99 yes 17.99 for this but im sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere.
:D yippee kai yayMoFo
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Got mine from a certain online site (that had problems with stating where CDs were sourced from earlier this year) - £11.99!

Has since gone up to £12.99, but still pretty decent bargainage for that!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Grrrr. The Creepers that I received the other day DOESN'T have a 16:9 option, unless that just means it's an open matte 4:3 print and I should just watch it in 16:9....
Gebstar
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Gebstar »

The whole August Underground!!!

the first, Mordum and Penance!

Awsome!

g
To avoid fainting, keep repeating "It's only a movie...It's only a movie..."
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Ordered Black Snake Moan on HD-DVD there are some bargains to be had on the Market Place HD-DVD wise... Especially now Movietyme seem to be acting up again... it's either THEM or my Postie is a thieving gypsy!!!! :x
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

looking in the blockbusters bargain bins,and picked up
children of the corn Anchor bay edition
Darkness falls
Rabid
and Tru Calling boxset

looking forward to monday and Blade Runner :D
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Yay Bladerunner HD-DVD... can't afford it :cry:

Tru Calling, the series 2 episodes just scream the question "WHY WAS IT CANCELLED?" season two started well through all six episodes! Now we'll never know the truth....
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Satans Puppy wrote:it's either THEM or my Postie is a thieving gypsy!!!! :x
Since the postal strikes the central RM hubs have gone to utter &^%$ - after over 5 years with nary a single lost item have had half a dozen from all different sources go in the past couple of months, only a couple of companies interested in replacing and Craig & co the only ones so far to be doing lost mail forms etc to get it sorted where it should be - the RM system!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

i popped down to my local blockbusters and picked up the Blade Runner ultimate collectors edition,the 5 disc one :D
what can i say it looks fantastic,now i know theres the super duper briefcase one,but that wont sit on my shelf, and theres the HD version too but i cant wait or stretch that far,and my home is under siege from DVDS so had a bit of a clear out too and traded in dvds that i had multiple copies of or had replaced with HDs or special editions.my disc of blade runner directors cut went,daddy day care which i never wanted but it came with my conan R1,sleepless, kingkong single disc edition of bird with crystal plumage you know the dregs of your collection.
maybe there should be a thread for trade ins and the going rates etc.
well at least i can now watch blade runner as it was intended,as the transfer of the old warners snap case edit was shite.
oh and on my 40 inch ***y HD tv its gonna rock
oops other HDtv brands are available
:D
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

That BLADE RUNNER box should be with me today or tomorrow (Amazon set me a shipping email on Friday). I've been waiting this long just to see the original theatrical cut again, and in the right ratio (the p/s VHS fullframe just looks wrong on a widescreen set).
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

BLADE RUNNER's arrived. I would be watching the original theatrical cut tonight, but I've been told this afternoon that I'm being made redundant (not immediately, fortunately) so I'm kind of not in the mood....
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

streetrw wrote:BLADE RUNNER's arrived. I would be watching the original theatrical cut tonight, but I've been told this afternoon that I'm being made redundant (not immediately, fortunately) so I'm kind of not in the mood....
Awww Sorry mate... how long you been there? think of the package, the £££££, at least you have time to find a new job. I'm in the same boat but its like two years down the line, stupid govt departments, we have no idea what will happen but redundancies are a deffo.

Everything happens for a reason. Go watch The Devil Dared Me To, at least your life ain't as bad as that movie is... was... :)