what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

Eh, I haven't seen the 'Vice yet. If I like it, I'll go for the Dir Cut for sure -- thanks for the heads up!
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

streetrw wrote:Just ordered my last* three Argentos (Four Flies, Card Player and Do You Like Hitchcock - Flies was wonderful the last time I caught it, and Hitchcock was pretty good as well; Card Player's not that good but the R1 DVD has a Simonetti interview).

* (Well, I say "last", but there are the MoH episodes, the horrible Stendahl, and of course Mother of Tears to come.)
Is this a US version of Four Flies or has it come out in Italy?

Got a DVD in the post this morning: Me and My People: Stories - 1984 - 2006 (documentary about German hardcore band Spermbirds).
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Do You Like Hitchcock and The Card Player both arrived today; less than a week from the States. Not bad.

I picked up the new Don't Look Now DVD from Virgin (now Zaavi) at the weekend - £5. Includes an intro from Alan Jones and an interview with composer Pino Donaggio. Haven't even broken the seal on it yet, as I've been powering through stuff from LoveFilm and Blockbusters.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

picked up today on DVD inside man R1 independence day R1 double disc 5 *edition,superman returns 2 disc all £3 each.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

arrived today the fountain on HD,welcome to the jungle,rob zombies,Halloween
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

I ordered all 3 poltergeist movie's on dvd, basket case 2 and 3, scanners, violent shit 1 and 2 and a collection of banned disney cartoons. Can't wait for em all to arrive
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

This week I took delivery of the Pete Walker coffin-shaped box set with House of Whipcord and Die Screaming Marianne (amongst others). Sometime around September I might get round to stemming the rentals flow and watching some of them.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

I love what Pete Walker I've seen (and especially his momentous leading lady Sheila Keith) and McGillivray is a witty, witty b'stard, but I found Die Screaming, Marianne to be one of the most soporiphic picures I've ever seen. Was I having an off day os is it really that dull?

It's impossible to go wrong with the delectable Frightmare and House Of Whipcord though.

Need to pick up that box from somewhere (I assume it's OOP now). And somehow find a coy of House Of The Long Shadows.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

I've had a mini spree recently (Gotta love the student loan) and I've actually gone all Frightfesty....

Isolation - didn't enjoy it much at FF, but on reflection it's not as bad as I thought!

Wrong Turn 2 - I still love this movie, I think watching it every day for a week since it arrived (commentaries and all which is a first for me) is testament to that, although I left it at my friends house so wont have it til the 16th :cry:

Hatchet - Waiting for this to arrive this week, very very excited!!!

Broken - Again waiting for it to arrive but I loved it the first time round so hopefully it's as good as I remember.

Others include: May (On FF recommendation) Not bad, not great.
Hostel 2 - I watched this straight after the overnight sleepy queue this year and was ultra freaked out by it. It's really not that bad when you're not sleep deprived.
Sunshine and Tron. Just because.
Lots and lots of new things, even though I've seen them all before.
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
THE TEMPEST
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by THE TEMPEST »

Just got the R2 disc of hatchet this morning & there NO frightfest audio commentary on it :( dont get me wrong i love the film but this was the reason for me getting the R2 disc as i have had the R1 for over a month now.
shoot it,shoot it in the head man
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

That's what's worrying me as it's the reason I've held out from buying the R1 as I wanted the commentary purely for nostalgia.... hmmm
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

3 films and a TV series that get two thumbs up:

Harsh Times

A Guide to Recognising Your Saints

The Departed

Spaced (Series 1)
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I watched Weeds Season 1 on bluray... a lot of noise on the picture but STILL a really good tv show, can't believe I haven't bothered with this before!
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Not a DVD but the first episode of Reaper was classy. Not surprising as it was directed by Kevin Smith.
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

I ordered a 6 movie Ed Wood box on amazon last week, should be here any day now. Also got demons 1 and 2 and the zombie dead last week.

today I took some ps2 games to computer exchange and swaped them for loads of goodies, including The Roost, The black angel, hostel, cabin fever, ghost in the shell, texas chainsaw massacre 3, end of the century (the story of the ramones), sky high, donnie darko, and some Jet Li stuff.

no idea when I'm gonna watch all this stuff though, still got the whole hammer horror box to go through as well.
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!