what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

JasonMyers wrote:
pauluspink wrote:Does anybody know where i can get the steelbook definitive version of Predator - i used to see it in HMV every week but now all have sold out and apparently it is now OOP :(
You can get it on play.com:
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3297659/ ... oduct.html

Thats where i bought it, but when it arrived it was indeed the definative edition but was in a normal plastic dvd case with cardboard sleeve. If you goto any shops all the steelbooks are replaced with these carboard slip cases versions! I have checked about 5 different HMV stores in London and there are none left :(
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

krispyg wrote: Anyone who is travelling down by train let me know. I work for Virgin so if I can help you out by showing you how to book online, get decent deals, how to save money by breaking your journey and buying your ticket in 2 parts etc let me know. I can't do any special deals but i do know a few tricks that might help save you some money at least.
Nice one.... I travel down by train from Burnley in Lancashire. Puppet will go direct from manchester.

When will they start selling tickets for august bank hols? Is it about 3 months before?
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Had a HMV voucher for my birthday and bought:

The Shining: The two disc edition(Quite like the cover"redrum") Finally got it on DVD. Only had the vhs taped off the telly.
The Last Man on Earth - Keep hearing this is a rather good version of I am Legend
Sleepaway Camp - Keeping seeing the title popping up on the forum and Darkside/Shivers. So I thought I buy it and bring it along to my mates trash film night.

Saw-Uncut version. - There are quite a few versions. For 3 quid you can't argue really!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

maxmum wrote:When will they start selling tickets for august bank hols? Is it about 3 months before?
From FF site:

The fantastic value FrightFest weekend passes go on sale on Saturday morning the 28th of June at 11 a.m. from the Odeon West End box office. On-line and telephone booking opens at 12 noon. Single tickets and day passes go on sale from 12 noon on Saturday 26th of July.

So 28th June is Sleepy Queue Day. Some camped out overnight last year to get front row.
JasonMyers
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by JasonMyers »

lupogirl wrote:Had a HMV voucher for my birthday and bought:

The Shining: The two disc edition(Quite like the cover"redrum") Finally got it on DVD. Only had the vhs taped off the telly
It's a bit annoying that the full length 140min version STILL isn't available in the UK. The Region 1 DVD is RCE, and I don't want to risk getting it if it's not going to play on a multi-region player.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

streetrw wrote:
From FF site:

The fantastic value FrightFest weekend passes go on sale on Saturday morning the 28th of June at 11 a.m. from the Odeon West End box office. On-line and telephone booking opens at 12 noon. Single tickets and day passes go on sale from 12 noon on Saturday 26th of July.

So 28th June is Sleepy Queue Day. Some camped out overnight last year to get front row.
I shall pop it on my calender!
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

With the weekend tickets are they usually a sell out?

As I mentioned before it may be that I can only go on the Sat and Sun as my working week is usually 3 days plus 1 weekend a month
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by krispyg »

I finally got round to watching A Tale Of Two Sisters last night

That is a really strange film, not scary as such but I really enjoyed it.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

maxmum wrote:
streetrw wrote:
From FF site:

I shall pop it on my calender!
So you can remind me to buy 'em? :lol:
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

krispyg wrote:With the weekend tickets are they usually a sell out?

As I mentioned before it may be that I can only go on the Sat and Sun as my working week is usually 3 days plus 1 weekend a month
I booked mine late on and got two tickets... :) soooo Yeah... tis possible
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by krispyg »

Nice one, I will put in a request for some annual leave that weekend and see what gets granted.

We usually get knocked back when its a bank holiday weekend as everyone wants the time off but then when it gets closer to the time they start offering those people declined the time off as there are usually less trains running or they are only running to birmingham/coventry instead of through to london.

I can probably decide better when i see what is on the line up for each day.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Theres some sellers on Ebay with bargain HD dvds,so i have bought Feast unrated on HD
The War HD a Kevin Costner film but hes actually in a more supporting role
The Thing HD

next i want Streets Of Fire HD
Dawn of the Dead HD
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

won Zodiac 2 disc HD
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

was in Nottingham so popped into the fopp store there picked up The Passion of the christ 2disc £3,Conan the 2 disc edition, it still has crap artwork,when are they going to get it right and release it here in the original artwork,so thats my 3rd copy of conan,the region 1 has the original artwork oh and that was £3 as well,JCs village of the damned,and escape from LA.
and a favourite of mine wes cravens Shocker havent seen that for about 15yrs not since i had a vhs copy saying property of MCA universal all over it.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by krispyg »

Shocker - fantastic film

Where he transfers from one body to another yeah?

I had that on video many years ago

Cracking film