what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

a thieving postie robbed my HD of Feast,so in its place dawn of the dead arrived :(
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

pauluspink wrote:Blu-Rays just received - No Country For Old Men, The Host, Pans Labyrinth, & 30 Days Of Night.

DVDS - Day of The Dead (2008) - movie was not all that but the effects were pleasing. The dvd cover has a 3D image of a zombie puking lolz.

Inside - Great french movie we saw back at the 'all nighter' last year - this is the USA Xtreme release 1 disc with only a 'making of' featurette. Nice slip case with shiny red foil embossed.

Childs Play
- Right this is a re-issue dvd that was released in February 2008. The 25th Anniversary Special Edition is to be released but no confirmed release date other than 1Q 2008. I browsed through Playusa.com and found the new childs play dvd and thought it was the new 25th anniversary edition. I was so wrong. The dvd turned up today and its the same MGM dvd released a while back but it is presented in a cool 3D slip case (much like the Day Of The Dead dvd) with an image of chucky in 3D. The features are the same, however it says theres a 'behind the scenes' booklet inside but when i opened the case theres nothing!! Not very happy about it so its probably going on ebay!
Just wondering where you purchased Inside from? Says on Amazon.com released April 15th?
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Finally purchased 'wrong turn 2'. Took me awhile, but had other things to save for. Got a sweet 'planet terror' tin for £15! WITH all the extras AND a third dvd of a Robert Rodriguez Q and A at a comicon. I also picked up THE TRIPPER fom the cinema store. Still a funny film.

The next on my list is:
(All while i'm in canada)
Hatchet
spiral
Masters of horror; the black cat
Sweeney todd
the mist
INSIDE
Bloody Yank
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Bloody Yank »

Recently got the R1 editions of Sweeney Todd, Cloverfield, Inside, and The Mist.

I love that they're all horror movies but they couldn't possibly be more different. :)
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

odishon wrote:
pauluspink wrote:Blu-Rays just received - No Country For Old Men, The Host, Pans Labyrinth, & 30 Days Of Night.

DVDS - Day of The Dead (2008) - movie was not all that but the effects were pleasing. The dvd cover has a 3D image of a zombie puking lolz.

Inside - Great french movie we saw back at the 'all nighter' last year - this is the USA Xtreme release 1 disc with only a 'making of' featurette. Nice slip case with shiny red foil embossed.

Childs Play
- Right this is a re-issue dvd that was released in February 2008. The 25th Anniversary Special Edition is to be released but no confirmed release date other than 1Q 2008. I browsed through Playusa.com and found the new childs play dvd and thought it was the new 25th anniversary edition. I was so wrong. The dvd turned up today and its the same MGM dvd released a while back but it is presented in a cool 3D slip case (much like the Day Of The Dead dvd) with an image of chucky in 3D. The features are the same, however it says theres a 'behind the scenes' booklet inside but when i opened the case theres nothing!! Not very happy about it so its probably going on ebay!
Just wondering where you purchased Inside from? Says on Amazon.com released April 15th?

I got it from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=025

The seller gets dvds quite early!! Also im sure the Cinema Store has it by now.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Cheers for that. Have bookmarked that seller!
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

Today my student loan came in so I treated myself to a few little things........

Sleepaway camp box set only £8.99 for all 3 movies!
The Tripper a favourite from Glasgow last year.........
Bug Just because it's awesome..

possibly my favourite purchases (and some of you may consider them the most horrific of all) HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 1 + 2!! I love them and I'm currently convincing myself that they'll be useful in my teaching career...........
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Found some DVD goodies on Ebay The Mist 2disc,Feast HD hopefully this wont go missing,and the remake of The Hitcher HD,not sure about the remake that will probably end back up on Ebay.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Blockbusters have stacks of new DVDs for sale (I'm wary of pre-owned); £5 or £6 each. Today I picked up:

PITCH BLACK
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (2-disc)
HARD BOILED (Tartan)
THE HILLS HAVE EYES (remake)
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Ordered from www.Movietyme.com CHUD special edition only £4.99 they have Inside for 9.99 blacksheep for £6.99
my 1st order with them so once i have received this dvd,will purchase some more.
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Grindhouse wrote:Ordered from www.Movietyme.com CHUD special edition only £4.99 they have Inside for 9.99 blacksheep for £6.99
my 1st order with them so once i have received this dvd,will purchase some more.
I'd be interested in an update on this site - the prices seem surprisinly reasonable.

Additionally, as I couldn't see anything on the website, did you notice what payment methods they take (ie paypal?)?
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

This site takes Paypal

http://www.dvdslimited.com/

they have a shop on Ebay
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HD-DVD-BLU-RAY-Movies-For-You

i purchased a few HDs of there one went missing but a replacement was very quick.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Has anybody got this dvd boxset?
Any info on this would be appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=016
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre £3 in Tesco!

Bargain

I also got The Hills Have Eyes and Hellraiser from there last month for the same price
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

krispyg wrote:Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre £3 in Tesco!

Bargain

I also got The Hills Have Eyes and Hellraiser from there last month for the same price
did the discs come with extras?
lots of the stuff i see in tescos are notoriously stripped of the extras.
which dvd release of the TCM did you get?