what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

This little lot arrived today is there any conditions caused from watching too much italian nonsense? [img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/ ... G_4330.jpg[/img][/img]
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

That ranges from great Italian (Demons) to one of the worst films of all time (Conquest).

I have apparently seen Nightmare City, but have no memmory of it, despite the person I watched it with telling me the plot.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Grindhouse wrote:This little lot arrived today is there any conditions caused from watching too much italian nonsense?
Not going out and seeing daylight for 2 days i'd imagine!
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

Not as impressive as Grindhouse's recent haul, I picked up these this weekend:

From Blockbuster's 3 for £15:

Scream Trilogy Box Set
Mr. Brooks
Hot Rod

For a total of £6 from CEX in Notts:

Undead
Satan's Little Helper
Scooby Doo: The Movie

I also had Man Bites Dog, Videodrome and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed when I approached the till but the discs had been mislaid. Which was a pisser. Especially as the only reason I went in was because I heard through "the network" that they had a copy of Videodrome.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

that Notts store turns up some treasures,last time i was in there,they had the fly teleport set & the hellraiser puzzlebox set,they just need some air con upstairs :(
arrangedletters
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by arrangedletters »

mr dangerous sir,

I'd suggest hunting your self down a copy of man bites dog. One of my favourite films and the tartan releasehas one of the greatest cover designs ever. always makes me chuckle. :)
[img]http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/48648/1218304903/queenvicassshakemk2.gif[/img] My "trying to get a piece of short fiction published in People's Friend magazine" Blog!! www.arrangedletters.blogspot.com
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Grindhouse wrote:they just need some air con upstairs :(
True dat!

In my leaner days I was able to lap upstairs three times, these days I am lucky if I get round once before melting into a pile of goo.

Also, is it just me or does no shops stock the Twin Peaks box set? Back to online for me, it seems. Oh well...
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

dangerous_jamie wrote:

Also, is it just me or does no shops stock the Twin Peaks box set? Back to online for me, it seems. Oh well...
Season 1- hmv, but look at around £50! :cry:

season 2- haven't seen it. In the states they've released it AND with BOTH seasons, fwwm, AND extras as a gold edition.
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Season 2 is on the cards over here but hasn't got a cemented release date.

This US shiny set of which you speak may require some deeper probing on my part. Indeed.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

The Hidden, with Jack Sholder commentary. 3 UK pounds. Bar-gain. And still just as brilliant a b-movie as ever was created in the 1980s.

In the little festival I'm dreaming up, I can't decide if it goes better with Commando, The Terminator or Dark Angel.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

another copy of house by the cemetary,why another you ask? its the ec ultrabit version and for £2.75 i feel like i robbed the seller.
dr freundenstein in all his ultrabit disgusting glory,YUK
The Guardian Costner & kutchers movie, i just can t knock costner and for 1.99 a bargain.
More price reductions afoot in HMVs HD dvd section online some films have now dropped to 3.99,still waiting for Beowulf to come down from 17.99 :(
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

giles edwards wrote:The Hidden, with Jack Sholder commentary. 3 UK pounds. Bar-gain. And still just as brilliant a b-movie as ever was created in the 1980s.

In the little festival I'm dreaming up, I can't decide if it goes better with Commando, The Terminator or Dark Angel.
Hell Giles you could play The Hidden with all of those and it would still deserve top billing then the terminator,dark angel and lastly commando,maybe throw in stone cold or men of war for good measure :D
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

That is a good fcukin time at the pictures.

Also, recent b'day shenanigans resulted in:

Rosemary's Killer
Pickpocket
Darkman
Fright Night
The Wire Season 1
If...
Hostel Part II
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
because, quite frankly, you can't order DVDs without adding some Howard Hawks. Plus it's just a terrifically entertaining picture.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

is dark angel that movie with lorenzo lamas and matthias hues (spelling?) with the alien making drugs out of human brains or something or am I thinking of something else here?
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Melvin Junko wrote:is dark angel that movie with lorenzo lamas and matthias hues (spelling?) with the alien making drugs out of human brains or something or am I thinking of something else here?
Dark Angel aka i come in peace
stars Dolph Lundgren and some huge guy whos an alien stealing endorphins from the brains of victims and has a gun that fires cds as super fast blades,a novel way of using those daily paper freebies,nonsense but huge fun from early 90s