what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

krispyg wrote:Shocker - fantastic film

Where he transfers from one body to another yeah?

I had that on video many years ago

Cracking film
yes its kind of nightmare on elm streetish?
shame it didnt do well or catch on think wes was looking for a new freddy here,there was another film like it where the villain comes through the electric supply or plugs?
and it has a young Peter Berg too oh and a good rock soundtrack too!
im trying to track down all the stuff i had on vhs. :D
and find it as cheep as possible
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

It's kind of Seed with more laughs.

Also, it does the in-and-out-of-TV-shows thing a little less successfully than Waxwork II a couple years later.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Satans Puppy wrote:
maxmum wrote:
I shall pop it on my calender!
So you can remind me to buy 'em? :lol:
Oi! I book and pay for the hotel :P
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

The serpent & the rainbow super super cheap,im talking £1.50 and that includes postage.
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

Straight from Region 1 is my new copy of The Dead Next Door, my VHS is so over-played it is nigh on unwatchable.

That shall get an airing tonight, I feel.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

maniac nurses find ectasy
return of the living dead 3
gonin
shaolin chastity kung fu
iron monkey 1977
iron monkey remake
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Melvin Junko wrote:maniac nurses find ectasy
That film is incredible!!
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

It sounds interesting....
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

and only £1.50 at computer exchange! When I first saw it it made me laugh so hard, the voice over, and later all the text summing up fatalities and stuff. so bad...so good!

That bloody emo that served me did put a disc of the 1st return of the living dead in the box instead of part 3. Bastard!
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

So I'm out in Thailand at the moment and have been stocking up on a few DVDs while I'm here...

Very few Thai movies have English subs these days as the film companies seem insistent on protecting their homegrown films for the international market. Happily though most Western and other Asian releases do come with English subs... :D

Prices too are very reasonable with the cheapest titles available for about 1 pound (sorry no pound symbol on this keyboard!!) and the most expensive about 6 quid, unless it's an import. And these are all official releases, not pirate copies (which I won't go near).

So far I've managed to pick up Kim Ki-Duk's The Bow for a pound, FF fave The Living And The Dead for three quid, 30 Days Of Night for three quid and I'm A Cyborg But That's OK for four quid.

The Thais seem to like their horror almost as much as their inane comedies, so the shelves are full of some really random titles... have seen the likes of Black Sheep, Botched, Joshua, The Ferryman, Catacombs, Bug, Day Watch, Skinwalkers, Small Town Folk all readily available out here. They also like their limited edition sets too - in addition to the standard Beowulf DVD there's one version with a spiral book and another with a replica horn!
First things first, stay calm.
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

me and my wife were in Phuket last year and found a great place for copied dvd's. we were taken to this art shop, through the backdoor into the warehouse, up some dodgy steps and finally through a hidden door into a little room with hundreds of titles. you could check them for quality and we got about 30 dvd's for a quid each. All perfect quality. got things like this is England before it even showed in cinema's here. good stuff!

got a movie called joshua as well but it's not the one that showed at frightfest last year but some pretty twisted movie about boys finding a baby in a dumpster and then raise it to become a soldier of the devil or something. I loved it.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

picked up Willard & Copland special edition today.
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Grindhouse wrote:picked up Willard & Copland special edition today.
I love Willard, its like the character was created for Crispin Glover (unless you picked up the first adaptation, in that case I shall shut up). I rate it next to Bartleby as my joint favourite Crispin Glover performance.

Recently arrived is:

Frog-g-g: A fairly weak and poorly directed "monster" movie about a genetically mutated giant frog that needs to mate with as many human women as possible to stay alive, while being tracked down by a "sexy" lesbian EPA operative. The story is pretty weak, it takes itself too seriously to have fun with the premise and the caliber of acting talent. Its still a reasonably fun attempt at modern exploitative cinema, while it does miss most of its markers, it does hit a few targets.
2.5/5

A History Of Violence: I thoroughly enjoyed Cronenberg's adaptation of this graphic novel, although his trademark direction seems to have descended into direction by the numbers. While it still contains talented direction, it isn't of the standard we expect from one the great directors of recent times.
3.5/5

Dead Alive (Region 1 uncut version of Braindead): No need for any sort of review here. If you haven't seen it, shame on you.

Also arrived is Maniac, after I rewatch it I might post a review. But you shouldn't really need one.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

my John Carpenter collection is coming along nicely recently won of Ebay,Big Trouble In Little China the 2disc edit & Christine collectors edition need to find Starman next
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Just purchased - R2:

The Tripper

Nightwatch (the Danish one)

Bay of Blood* (£4 on Amazon)

R1:

The Lost

The Rage