what dvds are we buying?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
giles edwards
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by giles edwards »

It should be fine – the set’s produced by Charles De Lauzirika, of Alien Quadrilogy, Kingdom Of Heaven: Director’s Cut and Blade Runner Final Cut fame…top gentlemen and top team.
[i]"Would you like to take a closer look ?"[/i]
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Notts Pete wrote: That sounds like a Damn Fine set. Always remember feeling genuinely unnerved when I first saw the scene where 'Bob's identity was revealed - creepiest thing on TV since the window scene in Salem's Lot. :shock:
I'll admit that the series passed me by when it was originally shown (something to do with me being a young 'un and all) so I first saw the "film" and the absolute WTF-ness of it got me interested/hooked on the rest of Mr Lynch's output.
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Hello Doris! wrote:http://www.cdwow.com/Twin-Peaks-Definit ... ew/2498063

This is where I gots it.
ohhhh Very tempted to get that as well as the two I already have for season one and two... there are slightly differetn extras

The Log Lady introductions for each episode are so cool!
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

a few dvds lately,with last nights impulse buy of The House set,you know those cranky movies set in that,yes you guessed it House.
the Getaway on HD dvd for the sum of 2.99,and Halloween 4+5 the divimax edits,with commentaries.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Dunno if this has already been posted but a UK DVD of The Chaser is out for preorder on play.com, out 2nd Feb

I can't seem to find Time Crimes yet tho

:(
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Can anyone shed any info on if and when Martyrs and Let The Right One In will see a UK release
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

maxmum wrote:Dunno if this has already been posted but a UK DVD of The Chaser is out for preorder on play.com, out 2nd Feb

I can't seem to find Time Crimes yet tho

:(
I've got TimeCrimes ordered from dvdgo - it's the spanish release, although it's supposed to have english subtitles.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

That's good, although I would prefer a UK disk I might go for that
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

No idea about a UK release for TimeCrimes (and i'm horribly impatient, hence the order from spain), but I'll shout if I hear/see anything. I think there's an R1 release due soon(ish)

Not sure about Martyrs for the UK, but the Wiensteins have the us rights, so I'd assume it'll be on the dimension extreme label when it's out in the US early next year.

Didn't the writer of Let the Right One In confirm that it's due a UK release march-ish next year?
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

orlovsky wrote:No idea about a UK release for TimeCrimes (and i'm horribly impatient, hence the order from spain), but I'll shout if I hear/see anything. I think there's an R1 release due soon(ish)
Cheers Buddy.

Hows the gamerscore going? I have got that new scene it to play over xmas break, but also picked up buzz for the PS3 as people say it's better, and there is a downloadable horror quiz movie pack on the PS Network for £3.99! Looking at the sample questions on that pack i think i could do that one!

I got proince of persia cause it was cheapo deal at game, and am waiting to pick up tomn raider for under £20, apparently it was £17.99 on amazon yesterday but i missed the deal :(

I am really still enjoying left4dead it rocks so much.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

maxmum wrote:
orlovsky wrote:No idea about a UK release for TimeCrimes (and i'm horribly impatient, hence the order from spain), but I'll shout if I hear/see anything. I think there's an R1 release due soon(ish)
Cheers Buddy.

Hows the gamerscore going? I have got that new scene it to play over xmas break, but also picked up buzz for the PS3 as people say it's better, and there is a downloadable horror quiz movie pack on the PS Network for £3.99! Looking at the sample questions on that pack i think i could do that one!

I got proince of persia cause it was cheapo deal at game, and am waiting to pick up tomn raider for under £20, apparently it was £17.99 on amazon yesterday but i missed the deal :(

I am really still enjoying left4dead it rocks so much.
I know doris will be up for a quick go on sceneit via live, and we really should sort out a Left4Dead session!

Looks like the R1 of Martyrs has been pushed back to march now (which may or may not be mentioned on another thread)
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

maxmum wrote:am waiting to pick up tomn raider for under £20, apparently it was £17.99 on amazon yesterday but i missed the deal :(
New Tomb Raider is FANTASTIC fun. Really focusses on the core gameplay mechanic that made the first game a classic, only with great Next Gen visuals.

It's like finding a pair of Khaki hotpants from 1996 in the back of cupboard and finding they still fit. Oh the Joy!

Not that I have ever actually worn Khaki hotpants you understand, at least not in public;)
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

MaxRenn wrote:
It's like finding a pair of Khaki hotpants from 1996 in the back of cupboard and finding they still fit. Oh the Joy!
:lol:

Fat chance. Literally.

I shall deffo pick up Tomb raider, sounds fun.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

orlovsky wrote:
I know doris will be up for a quick go on sceneit via live, and we really should sort out a Left4Dead session!
Nice one, yeah I'm up for that. I will wear my 'Loser' hat :wink: :lol:

I love being an infected on left4dead soo much.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup