TV Eye

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

maxmum wrote:
mamawaldi wrote:Had concerns when I saw Shirley Manson's name in the cast list and was even more worried when she started "acting". Oh well, at least she's not singing !!
She is rubbish :(
She improved in the most recent episode... :)
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Anyone else seen the adverts for this http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressr ... vors.shtml

Sounds to me like a similar vein of The Last Train, but I see its a remake of an old 70s series. Anyone else going to be tuning in to this one?
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
halloweengirl
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by halloweengirl »

Might be interesting - I'm so old I can remember the original 70s series!
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

u old? not a chance! more growed up id say!

Decent slice of bonkers last night on the old Beeb. The BBC gives us a weekly does of the exorcist, might be worth sticking with and at least it didnt cop out by having it just be a mental case.

Thank the Frog King and his minions for the presence of Robert Forster in Heroes. Him just standing in a scene is enough to cover the seriously dodgy writing of this increasingly laboured show.
Ok so now we have Pinehurst instead of Primatech and the world blowing up instead of new york but its all just the same.
The decision to make Sylar a Petrelli is a rancid one. Having Sylar turn "good" could have been done far better, just introduce a mightier threat.
As for the breathless acting of Sylar and Peter of late? Its even worse when they are in a scene together as it adds a totally unintentional level oof repressed incestous homo eroticism! Though how subversive would THAT be on a major TV show!
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Anyone know anything about this?
Bryony Makes a Zombie Movie

The story of how YouTube superstar Bryony Matthewman, aka Paperlilies, set out to make a zombie movie by finding writers, cast, crew and everyone else via the internet. The film follows this London girl as she goes from bedroom webcam to West End premiere in just four months.

Broadcasts:
16 Nov 2008 23:45 BBC Three
17 Nov 2008 02:40 BBC Three
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Online zombie movie crap - the girl is a pain in the royal behind and probably someone's daughter at the BBC. Saying that BBC three shows all kinds of shit nowdays. Repeat of Two pints anyone?
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe returns for a new series on BBC Four - Tuesday 10.30pm.
First things first, stay calm.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

soulmining wrote:Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe returns for a new series on BBC Four - Tuesday 10.30pm.
Already set to record!!!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

sherbetbizarre wrote:Anyone know anything about this?
Bryony Makes a Zombie Movie

The story of how YouTube superstar Bryony Matthewman, aka Paperlilies, set out to make a zombie movie by finding writers, cast, crew and everyone else via the internet. The film follows this London girl as she goes from bedroom webcam to West End premiere in just four months.

Broadcasts:
16 Nov 2008 23:45 BBC Three
17 Nov 2008 02:40 BBC Three
Oh cr@p

I missed that.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

don't worry it was very poor - a condescending piss taking voice over and a general crap tone to the whole show.

and it will doubtless be repeated about another 17 times before christmas.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Sunday night on Sci-Fi, the little seen The Ferryman
9:00 PM-11:00 PM The Ferryman
John Rhys-Davies stars in this sea-faring horror where shocks, scares and sex abound after an idyllic boat trip to Fiji turns nasty for a group of twenty-somethings tormented by a vengeful evil force.
...But is it any good?
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

so who watched Survivors last night?
quite enjoyed the 1st episode,but bring on the walking dead :wink:
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
PappaFreakdog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by PappaFreakdog »

I caught survivors. A beeb'ified The Stand meets 28 Days later and plenty enjoyable. I had to stiffle a "You sneaky gits" when the survivors decided to stay away from major cities to avoid Cholera infection ... Sound and practical. However it also means the beeb can hold back the bulk of the budget to inflate Johnboy Ross's bank balance. All in all a good show. Hopefully, its a sign of two parters making a comeback. For years I've been going to bbc run workshops and talks. I'm always ranting about the lack of horror funded by them. There answer has been, until recently, a resounding "NO!" I was once told by one high ranking exec that there is no 'TV market for it ... which didn't ring true then or now.
Maybe, "Apparitions" "Survivors" is the start of a new trend, As i said in an earlier post - tv is were most of us cut our 'horror teeth' It would be nice to see it make a comeback.
If episode two of 'Survivors' turns out like Neighbours meets hamish Macbeth I'll eat my HP Lovoecraft books, burn my tv licence, bury it at a crossroads and call it a day ...
We're Gonna Need A Smaller Shark...
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

Crikey, what a brilliant episode of Prison Break.

SPOILERS

Sort of felt like the end of the first "act" and the start of the second. The bit after they gave Sylla to the annoying Agent Self, it felt like the scene at the end of a horror film where everyone thinks the monster is dead, but we as an audience can just sense that there's something ba around the corner. So not only was Agent Self an aggravating twat, he has also turned out to be an ultimate baddie!

It was great watching the scenes of the General squirming and not knowing what to do. But sad to see that sexy secretary/fbi agent woman die :(

I've watched the first episodes of Apparitions and Survivors, both being pretty good. (Though Survivors was merely ok, being more a decent set up for hopefully more exciting shenanigans to come, whereas the first Apparitions was great on it's own). That new one with Kenneth Brannagh, Wallander, looks like it might be pretty good too. It's not often that the bbc has three drama shows that I'll be tuning into that aren't Doctor Who or Torchwood.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

Yes a fair amount of resolutions in the now improving PB. This might have made a good season finale to another short season.

Revelations abounded too and so good to finally see that evil baldy squirm.

However over on Heroes the brightest sparks are coming from recurring appearences from dead characters. Eric Roberts and Malcom McDowell specifically. It seems that they are regretting killing off those characters.

However the revisionism is grating, would the Company (will every villainous agency from now on just be called The Company?) really have let Sylar go considering later on he was such a prime target for him.

And in theory Arthur Petrelli should not have to be sucking peoples powers out of them as he has Peters empath ability so all he needs to do is be near them...which means he can now do everything his sidekicks can do so he doesnt really need them. Oh yes... hes a villain.. and a pretty vile bastard of one
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"