TV Eye

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

maxmum wrote:Oh, well i'm watching episode 2 now and the guy in it who was in lord of the rings - the one who played the steward of gondor, the way he speaks really reminds me of vincent price.
OK, I'm intrigued now..
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Don't listen to her Mr O.... she.... she lost the quiz!!!! :lol:

Here... this is more entertaining than fringe... and you can listen to the preview:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scott-Bakula-Pe ... 40&sr=1-49
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

Satans Puppy wrote:Don't listen to her Mr O.... she.... she lost the quiz!!!! :lol:

Here... this is more entertaining than fringe... and you can listen to the preview:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scott-Bakula-Pe ... 40&sr=1-49
True, but to be fair, we only won due to the horror info retention skills of StreetRW :)

Fringe is in the list of things for me to get around to watching (i've got all of Space Battleship Yamoto first)

Lordy, that's certainly "interesting".. ;)
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

It is pretty samey after the first one but it's OK. I am on number 6 now.

I do like the steward of gondor in it, and when you watch him think of Vincent Price! wicked :D
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Crooked House

Post by orlovsky »

orlovsky wrote:For those of you that haven't already plucked this out of the listings, Crooked House (written by the wonderful Mark Gatiss, and staring the equally wonderful Andy Nyman (in one episode, at least)) Is on BBC4, on the following dates/times:

Mon Dec 22, 2008, 10:30 PM - Crooked House: "The Wainscoting"
Tue Dec 23, 2008, 01:00 AM(repeat) - Crooked House: "The Wainscoting"

Tue Dec 23, 2008, 10:30 PM - Crooked House: "Something Old"
Wed Dec 24, 2008, 01:00 AM(repeat) - Crooked House: "Something Old"

Wed Dec 24, 2008, 10:30 PM - Crooked House: "The Knocker"
Thu Dec 25, 2008, 01:00 AM(repeat) - Crooked House: "The Knocker"
I've just noticed that they've snuck in an omnibus episode on the 27th at 09:00 PM with a repeat at 3am on the 28th.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

in what has been a patchy run for the marvelous SCREEN WIPE series tonights episode (repeated a few times over the next week) was simply brilliant.

focusing on childrens TV past and present the half hour was laugh out loud hilarious throughout and finished with andy nyman looking at ... well PLEASE just watch it and see!! and charlie delivering a heartfelt, warm and touching tribute to the recently deceased tv genius (creator of THE CLANGERS, BAGPUSS etc etc) oliver postgate.

unmissable. unmissable. UNMISSABLE!!!!
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Team Banzai wrote:in what has been a patchy run for the marvelous SCREEN WIPE series tonights episode (repeated a few times over the next week) was simply brilliant.
Indeed.

Incidentally, I switched on a little early and there was the mighty Ian (Zombie Flesh Eaters) McCullough talking about his time in the original series of Survivors.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I just got through watching Joan Of Arcadia season 1 & 2 last night and awwwww why'd it end?!?!! It was just getting to the point where they'd introduced a bad man to offset joans good deeds...

Much as they did with Tru Calling before it got canned :x
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Enjoying The Crooked House. Was worried it would try and be all wry and post modern but its not. Just simple, straightforward ghost stories on an Amicus vibe. Preferred episode 1 to 2, but am looking forward to the last instalment tonight.

After the repeat last night they showed another spooky tale called The Signalman (based on a Dickens story apparently). Filmed in the mid seventies and starring Denholm Elliot about a lonely chap working at a little used train station in the Yorkshire moors who keeps seeing this spectre that trying to warn him of an impending disaster. It was really atmospheric and increasingly creepy as it went on. If they repeat it (BBC4) I suggest you set your videos.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Oh yeah crooked house, i have them on my PVR waiting.... must watch.

too much world of warcraft and Celebrity big brother getting in the way :P
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

The last episode of crooked house is horrible - weird man wanting to eat/take your baby.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

:shock: :(
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

DEMONS

the latest on the conveyor belt * of saturday tea-time doctor who wannabes (following merlin, primeval, blah..) comes another half baked idea where we have shoddy cgi demons all around us. featuring philip glenister in a dodgy american accent thereby distancing himself from his life on mars/ashes to ashes character - exhibiting bloody awful acting for our edification, plenty of ham fisted references to dracula and a hilarious lead villain straight from the mighty boosh (eels!). all in all a well made easy on the eye trifle but with no real excitement or imagination at work. maybe next time... oh and it also featured a ridiculous turn from a fake-conked mckenzie crook in fully be-quiffed pantomime rocker get-up. f for fail

(* a reference to that other saturday night favourite of old the generation game)
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

that Demons was just painful, dire and less fun than a perforated prostate. Predicatable as anything and its a sadstate of affairs where the format most script writers favour now means the entire rest of the plot can be determined after just one line of direlogue.

Sorry i found Survivours a massive struggle and am really having to find some deep reserve of endurance to motivate myself to watch further than the second episode. does a comittee sit around thinking how to meet demographics first, pace and performance second.

But press on with it i will based on soulminings confession of not watching Apparitions past the second episode. Now that was quality TV overall even if the episodes about the possessed rapist and possessed foetuses had an air of padding about them.
Intruiging, well plotted with revelations coming just about the right time and not guessed at 30 scenes before.
Performances were mostly excellent especially Martin Shaw and the guy who played michel. The head cardinal was also a smoothly ambigious figure.
The opening episodes were scuppered by some really awful casting though which would not have helped tempt viewers back.
The show struck the right balance between taking itself seriously and realising how ridiculous the whole set up could appear.

Crooked House was mostly a disappointment with the first two episodes seemingly hung on Gatiss' knowledge of period slang. Rarely anything approaching eerie or even interesting.
Andy Nyman was a lot more bearable in his slot here than in the majority of his time on the overrated Dead Set.
The final episodeof Crooked House was well worth it though with some old stlye story elements used well and a few unnerving images. Would work much better as a feature.

Sadly nothing is on now until Feb (24 is getting stored on the Sky+ as i cannot bear waiting a week between episodes,much easier to wait the 23 or so weeks and watcgh all in one go)
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Demons' second episode didn't get any better did it... looks like it's one to sit alongside Bonekickers (go back to UNIT, Private Ross!)

But Total Wipeout is Saturday Night Schadenfreude to excellent effect - watch contestants lose everyone's respect as soon as they open their mouths, and laugh heartily as they wind up falling face first into mud :lol:
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."