TV Eye

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

odishon wrote:If you didn't catch the one off drama Being Human on BBC3 this week it is repeated tomorrow night (Sunday 24th) on BBC3 at 10pm.

It's about a flatshare between a vampire a werewolf and a ghost. Witty script, great special effects, great acting and an opening scene taken straight from American Werewolf In London.
all thats needed is Claypole & Harold meeker and you have Rentaghost :lol:
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

:lol:

Yeah saw something about this in SFX mag on the coach yesterday... looks interesting
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Grindhouse wrote:
odishon wrote:If you didn't catch the one off drama Being Human on BBC3 this week it is repeated tomorrow night (Sunday 24th) on BBC3 at 10pm.

It's about a flatshare between a vampire a werewolf and a ghost. Witty script, great special effects, great acting and an opening scene taken straight from American Werewolf In London.
all thats needed is Claypole & Harold meeker and you have Rentaghost :lol:
How could you forget Mrs Popoff!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Really enjoyed the new Bionic woman,Michelle Ryan,has super star quality and the looks too
its good to see miguel ferrer being his surly self in this too,i must say im more inclined to watch this,than The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

Terminator is indeed a misfire.. but that Bionic Woman was a yawn. The only one having any fun was Katie Sachoff and are they made entirely of robotics as i think being walloped in the face by a bionic arm wud leave a hell of a lot more damage. And im SO sick of fights where it seems to do that arm breaking thing and it has no effect other than a big "ow"... miguel ferrer is wasted and the longer he is on here the less chance they will eventually nab him for 24 to try and get closer to eventually featuring the ENTIRE Robocop cast

Lost however goes from strength to strength and its great to see Jim Robinson all over the place in Lost and the increasingly brill Torchwood. Ok Marthas trilogy could have been better by being only two episodes.

Ashes to Ashes is still fair to middling. i dont pay attention to the historical errors are by now we know its all make believe so its just an approximation of the 80s. its much improved but still Gene Hunt doesnt feel right. Ray seems a waste but provides some good scenes along with Chris
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Simon (Dark Angel)
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Simon (Dark Angel) »

People keep banging on about Torchwood as if its the best sci-fi show on TV.

Having viewed a few episodes I fail to see what all the fuss is about, its a very VERY poor carbon copy of Dr Who and not as good.

I'm sorry, but rehashing rejected Dr Who scripts and throwing in a few naughty words does NOT an adult drama make and (not wishing to sound off here), who wants to see John Barrowman kissing other blokes on screen? Certainly not me!
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)
http://www.realmofhorror.co.uk
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

g.ay men might?
Simon (Dark Angel)
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

ghouldrool wrote:g.ay men might?
Indeed they might, but do they make up the vast majority of the sci-fi viewing public? No.
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

the vast majority of Sci Fi doesnt feature men kissing so i reckon the presence of it in Torchwood is balanced out.

besides this second season really has done away with the adolescent amount of not so mature s.ex shennanigans anyway

Would this same complaint be levied at the programme if it was Gwen constantly snogging other women?
Simon (Dark Angel)
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

ghouldrool wrote: Would this same complaint be levied at the programme if it was Gwen constantly snogging other women?
LOL probably not (I certainly didn't object to the scene in Deep Space Nine where Lt Dax snogged another woman anyway). Oh dear, I must stop now! :D
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

TV shows can't please everyone,from Baywatch to queer as folk to secret diary of a call girl,people watch programmes,primarily to be entertained,but there is a voyeuristic following to some programmes,that cant be denied.

I dont watch Torchwood as im not sold on the idea of the Russell t Davies take of sci-fi nor Dr Who,nor does it thrill me when i have seen it,and most of all i really don't like John Barrowman not because he's gday,but because hes just bad plain and simple,and hes on just about everything these days.
so i just swap channels or watch a film that off button is always there!
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Simon (Dark Angel) wrote:
ghouldrool wrote:g.ay men might?
Indeed they might, but do they make up the vast majority of the sci-fi viewing public? No.
You'd be surprised just how many g.ays are sci-fi and horror fans and at just how much heterosexual shenanigans we have to put up with watching :wink:
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

sometimes Torchwood does seem to be over compensating in a kind of stroppy adolescent just to get a reaction way (Gwen walking in on Jack and Ianto the other week -tsk tsk..behave)

However imo Torchwood has gotten better each story this season. Ok the one about the circus performers was a tad flat, but Adrift was coldly bleak and affecting. Fragments had its bad moments but was great overall.

Ashes to Ashes, what a climax! Raw and emotional, mind boggling, often upsetting. OK the dad being the clown was obvious as was the potential for it to be a murder suicide. Gene Hunt has been softened for sure but he is a much more likeable character now than the on the take bully we first met 2 years ago. more please!

Lost has decided to take a month off and typically has done so on yet another strong cliffhanger..grrrrr... i long to see Ben taken down a peg or two and would love for Widmore to be his equal and match.

Terminator: the sarah connor chronicles is still a limp palsyed ardvark of a show, and what a weed they got to recreate Kyle Reese. thankfully only a few to go, not even the Cameron possibly turning bad is coming across as interesting.

Not yet attacked Nip/Tuck season 5, and am apprehensive about the upcoming season 4 of Dr Who with RTD once more showing he is only capable of writing one kind of relationship
Simon (Dark Angel)
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

ghouldrool wrote: Ashes to Ashes, what a climax! Raw and emotional, mind boggling, often upsetting. OK the dad being the clown was obvious as was the potential for it to be a murder suicide. Gene Hunt has been softened for sure but he is a much more likeable character now than the on the take bully we first met 2 years ago. more please!
Agreed, though I still preffered "Life on Mars".

One comment he made to Geoffrey Palmer's character (was he an MP or something?) that I didn't pick up on at the time, in which he said something along the lines of "You may not like who we are, what we do, or how we do it, but in 20 years time when you're too scared to step outside your luxury house because the place is over run with hoodlums, don't come running to us".

Now I thought he was just having a go at the charatcers attitiude, but some of the lads who were discussing this at work the next day realised that what the scriptwriter was actually doing was making a comment about how modern policing has failed and allowed the yobs to take over. I didn't pick up on this at the time, but when you think about it he was actually right.
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

We once more waved goodbye to Lost.

A series that both infuriates and excites in equal measure with answers to questions just giving us more questions.

Last nights finale was a relatively muted affair when held up to the previous 3.

The format looks to be taking a radical shift too with it possibly being about the Oceanic 6 returning to the island after 3 years. Could we have present day stories with the flashbacks serving to show life on the now moved island?

Moved geographically or just in time and space? Did Jin manage to jump off the boat at the last second? Will Desmond stop Ben killing Penny? Can Charlotte possibly be any hotter? why kill off Andrew Divoff?

The question i think is on our minds more than any other is... if jack has loads of grey hair in his perfectly maintained stubble, why then is his actual beard totally full colour? just why does it resemble Action Man's?

Personally its great Lost is maintaning such a high standard of narrative acrobatics.

Doctor Who however.....