TV Eye

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Finished Ugly Betty and am now on the episodes showing the US of A. Waiting for Dead Set to come on, still unsure about how good its going to be with Jaime Winstone in the lead. Hmmmm.... :?
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I'm going to the press launch of Dead Set tomorrow night, so I'll let you know!! That's another programme I need to cover next time around...
First things first, stay calm.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

yep - i'll be there as well and will be writing up a full report for the site also.

very much looking forward to it... i think we will only see an episode or 2 from the 6 they will be screening but charlie and the cast will all be there
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

soulmining wrote:I'm going to the press launch of Dead Set tomorrow night, so I'll let you know!! That's another programme I need to cover next time around...
Jealous
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Alien lizards set to invade ABC in 'V'

"V," the 1980s miniseries about alien lizards visiting Earth, will invade primetime once again.

ABC is developing a new adaptation of the franchise — which spawned a second mini and TV spinoff — written by "The 4400" co-creator/exec producer Scott Peters.

Warner Bros. TV, which was behind the original longform, is once again producing the project, which was sold as a spec script to the Alphabet net.

Peters, who earned two Emmy noms for "The 4400," said he wasn’t looking to do another sci-fi piece. But when Warner Bros. TV approached him about reinventing "V," the producer said he couldn’t resist.

"Whenever I mention ‘V’ to anybody, they still have a lot of good memories about the original movie and series," Peters said. "Everybody has that imagery of their uniforms, or the visitor eating a hamster. It’s a science fiction icon and too good to pass up."

The original "V" served as an allegory for the Holocaust and Nazi Germany. Peters said he won’t duplicate that concept, except that the new "V" will still focus on what happens when the masses have blind faith in their leaders.

In this case, the new "V" will center on Erica Evans, a Homeland Security agent with an aimless son who’s got problems. When the aliens arrive, her son gloms on to them — causing tension within the family. As in the original "V," several storylines will unfold simultaneously.

But even without the same storyline, the original "V’s" bones will remain: As in the ’80s version, the show will open with an enormous army of spaceships hovering over the world’s major cities. The visitors say they’ve come to help Earth, but their motives are nefarious (in the original, they wanted to steal the world’s water supply).
http://www.variety.com/VR1117993725.html
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

New blog up now! New blog up now!

Yes, there really is something new to read over at Blog Central!

First thoughts on Dead Set, plus bits on True Blood, Prison Break, Entourage and No Heroics...
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

have to agree on Prison Break.

The writers seem to be milking the michael/sarah thing so that its starting to become dull not sweet.

The 6 part hunt for Scilla with that ludicrous sci fi device is irritating- like its a superhero show.

Yeah its the Mahone sub plot thats driving the tension and his nemisis is a hateful villain. Other than this sub plot the only real joy is coming from T Bag once more.

Though occasionally theres still the odd cool little bit of misdirection in he story (the rescue of mahone and sucre with mike from 24's wife)
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

On the subject of Dead Set you do all know that you can sign up to win tickets to a screening on the 26th in London?? There are other dates for other places, also something interesting this way comes if you are looking to come to the World Zombie Day: London (had to get a plug in! :lol: ) something Dead Set related...
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Hello Doris! wrote:On the subject of Dead Set you do all know that you can sign up to win tickets to a screening on the 26th in London??
I did not, but thanks! Where do I sign up for those tickets?
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

You can go to the dead set website, and then sign up through there. You have to sign up to E4 crapness, but that is what a spam filter is for!

Alternatively you can come to the World Zombie Day (plug plug) and enter our raffle to win a pair for the London one.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Just a head's up on Dead Set which I previewed in my latest blog...

It launches on E4 at 10pm on Monday 27th with an hour long episode, then screens on consecutive nights (30min eps) until Friday.

The DVD will be out the following week if you miss it!
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

soulmining wrote:
It launches on E4 at 10pm on Monday 27th with an hour long episode, then screens on consecutive nights (30min eps) until Friday.

The DVD will be out the following week if you miss it!
Oof. that doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.. Either E4 think it's rubbish and they're desperate to make their money back, or someone, somewhere has done a really odd deal.
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Well the Davina makeup does look poo in the pictures I've seen. And Jamie Winstone is in it.

Here's hoping that Kevin Eldon is excellent as always!

Tru Blood was good the other day though - bit dirty mind!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Give over you people.

Its big brother and zombies. Must be awesome!

Pleeeeeease be awesome! :D
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

i'm gonna do a full review for the site very soon

i've seen all the episodes and it is FARKIN awesome!!