The Gaming Thread

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Maniacal »

Mr Bill wrote:
I'm looking for something as addictive as Borderlands, an epic atmospheric sandbox FPS (on xbox 360) with lots of big guns and no shortage of baddies to use them on.

Any recommendations?
Bulletstorm.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

The Gaming Thread

Post by MaxRenn »

Maniacal wrote:
Mr Bill wrote:
I'm looking for something as addictive as Borderlands, an epic atmospheric sandbox FPS (on xbox 360) with lots of big guns and no shortage of baddies to use them on.

Any recommendations?
Bulletstorm.
Bulletstorm is great, but it's more of a straight up shooter than Borderlands. Terrific gory fun though.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Bulletstorm is indeed awesome, have played through twice and still go back to improve my echo scores (thumper and flail gun combos being my favoured sadistic M.O.). Bulletstorm has some of the most amusingly big daft guns in any game I've ever played (as Yahtzee put it: "the shotgun sounds like god slamming his car door") and it is a very polished game, but it is so linear as to virtually be a rail shooter, and the tone is a little confused- the violence lands somewhere inbetween Quentin Tarantino and Tom & Jerry, and the characters flip between tortured remorse and flippant wisecracks, and they do discuss their dicks so often it's almost homoerotic. All of which is still much silly fun, especially if you down a beer every time your character does...

I just finished Rage which is like the missing link between the slick, fast pace of Bulletstorm and the stylised, atmospheric hugeness of Borderlands- but I did finish it unexpectedly early only to find there is no post-completion-fuckabout or second playthrough to use up all the expensive ordnance I had left over, very annoying. Still a great game.

I'll admit I really enjoyed Wolfenstein, also Singularity and to a lesser extent AvP, but Duke Nukem is now dead to me (Forever), if you bought that game hoping to chew gum and kick ass- I hope you brought a lot of gum.

Have tried Brink but am going to abandon it as it basically just feels like playing British Bulldog but with nothing but heavily armed idiots on your team. Just bought Space Marine, so will give that a go instead.

Any more tips from FPS junkies?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Anyone playing Modern Warfare 3? Normally start playing around 10pm of a night. Username - Nottsey
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
chary
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chary »

does anyone happen to know how many different suits are actually available in dead space 2?
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

If anyone plays any Left 4 Dead 2 on PC and fancies crushing some zombie skull then send a PM my way!

Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Currently blazing through Hell mode in Diablo 3.

Zordrak#1430, battletag in case anyone fancies some CO-OP :)