what are you reading?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

been reading John Landis by giulia d'agnon vallan,have The Strain waiting to read,but after seeing the trailer and clips from the road by cormac macarthy must get that to read asap.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Just ordered The Road along with these:

Plague Year
Plague War
One
Afraid
Cover
Demon
Absence
Garbage Man,
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Reading some book which gives ya tips on hos to write horror and put things on paper more constructive way to writing, than my have an idea, start ploughing through... get bored and piss people off by not finishing lol
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Satans Puppy wrote:Reading some book which gives ya tips on hos to write horror and put things on paper more constructive way to writing
"Horror-Writing for Prostitutes"?

:P
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Satans Puppy wrote:Reading some book which gives ya tips on hos to write horror and put things on paper more constructive way to writing
"Horror-Writing for Prostitutes"?

:P
I provide a vital service!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Stark
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Stark »

My bed time reading of choice at the moment is Necronomicon; a massive, very attractively bound (though not in human skin unfortunately), collection of H. P. Lovecraft's short stories. I can usually manage two to threee a night before sleep and they've been giving me very interesting dreams.
They're coming for you Barbara...
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

Just finished Battle For Empire by Tom Pocock, which describes the skirmishes outside of Europe during the seven years war.

I've now moved on to The Panda's Thumb by Stephen Jay Gould, because I've never read it before, and I probably should have.

Next in the pile is the first book in the Game of Thrones series. I feel like a traitor starting this when I'm still only halfway through the Wheel of Time books, but I needed a break from them.
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Finished Let The Right One In...again.

Now I've started Shaun Hutsons Spawn...again.

:mrgreen:

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Rufus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rufus »

maxmum wrote:One
I've just started this. Good so far, seems like it will be a quick read.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Ooo Rufus

Cool.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Just finished:
Walking Dead vol10,
The Boys vol4,
Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron by Daniel Clowes.
also following Garth Ennis' Battlefields (not quite War Stories but Ennis still does pretty good WW2 stuff)
also a few more horror comics: Blood Nation, Super Zombies, Spooks,
all a bit average but a great oldie i just read called Billi 99 was good vintage b&w stuff with heart and brains.
Also read an odd poetry book called: Zombie Haiku. Found it in a remaindered bookshop Hmm.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Rufus
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rufus »

Mr Bill wrote:Walking Dead vol10
I'd forgotten this was out. Will have to get it this afternoon (and reread some of the old ones cos it's been a while since vol 9).

Just read The Kurosagi corpse delivery service vol1, which is a manga about a group of buddhist university dropouts who set up a company to help restless dead people get justice. I'm not sure about this one yet - the characters are all very quirky in a "manga" way and the first volume is just a series of random cases with no overarching storyline. It's good enough that I'll read vol 2, though.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Anybody tried the Battle Royale manga?
15 volumes/3000 pages of intense, deep, relentless and heartbreaking manga. written by the original book's author.
It knocks the fairly brilliant film into the shade, all set over the same Battle Royale weekend, no details are left out this time. Every kid has a proper characterisation, back story and purpose- there are no mere squib monkeys in this version. Unlike the film the manga really makes you care about the characters and their fate.
Its hard to believe that it can be so rivetting when you already know that all but a couple of characters kill each other off, but i was still genuinely shattered by some moments, particularly the death of Mimura. I almost cried.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Rufus wrote:
Mr Bill wrote:Walking Dead vol10
I'd forgotten this was out. Will have to get it this afternoon (and reread some of the old ones cos it's been a while since vol 9).

Just read The Kurosagi corpse delivery service vol1, which is a manga about a group of buddhist university dropouts who set up a company to help restless dead people get justice. I'm not sure about this one yet - the characters are all very quirky in a "manga" way and the first volume is just a series of random cases with no overarching storyline. It's good enough that I'll read vol 2, though.
Walking Dead 10- is indeed like previous volumes, quite sublime.
I've just started cutting through my accumulated "Zombie Tales" comics and have to admit i'm enjoying the short stories more than i was expecting to, I also have the brilliantly named "Jesus hates Zombies" anthology book to get through.
Are you interested in zombie comics generally? as something of an addict my local comic shop has a standing order to pull all zombie titles for me, and i'm always amazed how many they find.
Blackgas by Warren Ellis is very dark and well worth a look.
philwheat
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by philwheat »

I've just finished Slash Hits Vols 2+3, which I bought at FF - really good read if you like film guides and slasher movies (which I do). I'm about to start reading Cinema Sewer Vol.2