what are you reading?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

kitkat wrote:John Ajvide Lindqvist (the author of Let the Right One In) has a new book coming out in March. It is called'Handling the Dead' and seems to be about zombies. I've already pre-ordered my copy from Amazon as if it is half as good as LTROI it will be better than a lot of horror novels out there. Speaking of swedish writers, has anyone read any Stieg Larsson. They are well worth a read.
Mr O has promised me that, but they keep putting it back so sometime this year would be nice. I've noticed in the local waterstones they are starting to push LTROI.

Not read any Stieg Larsson, the cover on his book puts me off. However you may like Natsuo Kirino for horror/thriller writing.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I just finished stephen kings new short story comprendium thing just after sunset... it wwas alreet, my fave story was the girl who ran..canny rememebrer what it was called.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

finished the marvel comic 1985 and reading the latest Artemis Fowl book. I am a grown up(28) i just like kiddie books and pictures!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

maxmum wrote:I just finished stephen kings new short story comprendium thing just after sunset... it wwas alreet, my fave story was the girl who ran..canny rememebrer what it was called.
Actually I lied there was a better short story than that one about alternate dimensions and stuff.....
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Currently reading Watchmen graphic novel - trying to finish it before we go and see it on the 6th, might have to bring it to Glasgow with me :D
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

maxmum wrote:
maxmum wrote:I just finished stephen kings new short story comprendium thing just after sunset... it wwas alreet, my fave story was the girl who ran..canny rememebrer what it was called.
Actually I lied there was a better short story than that one about alternate dimensions and stuff.....
Well, I've lost all faith in your reviews now Maxi! :lol:
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Mr O managed to get me a copy of John Ajvide Lindqvist new book - Handling the Dead in Waterstones up town yesterday. He forgot to bring it home after he was attacked by a tree on the way to work (I'll let him explain!).

Can't wait to start reading it! Just need to finish Cormac McCarthy's Outer Dark.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Hello Doris! wrote:
Well, I've lost all faith in your reviews now Maxi! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I have now nearly finished the second in the richard laymon collection. those things are so easy to read, yet somehow rather addictive, although I feel like I have seen all the stuff in the books on screen at some point its weird.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
AIRDOG
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Necroscope

Post by AIRDOG »

Picked up my copy of HARRY AND THE PIRATES and got it signed by the auther Brian Lumley on saturday. Thats why i was not at the one day frightfest. I am a massive fan of the the Necroscope series and am told that the film version is coming!
any other necroscope fans out there?

also half way through THE WASP FACTORY BY IAIN BANKS.Very dark and very funny!

and picked up a copy of BATMAN R.I.P
"I never thought of myself as a freak, but I love to freak." ...
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Necroscope

Post by Hello Doris! »

AIRDOG wrote:Picked up my copy of HARRY AND THE PIRATES and got it signed by the auther Brian Lumley on saturday. Thats why i was not at the one day frightfest. I am a massive fan of the the Necroscope series and am told that the film version is coming!

also half way through THE WASP FACTORY BY IAIN BANKS.Very dark and very funny!

and picked up a copy of BATMAN R.I.P
My favourite book in the world is The Wasp Factory - its amazing! Gonna have to read it again now!

I've read over the last few days - Outer Limit by Cormac McCarthy and Handling the Dead by LTROI man both very good.

Now reading A Thing of Unspeakable Horror, the history of Hammer Films by Sinclair McKay.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

AIRDOG wrote:Picked up my copy of HARRY AND THE PIRATES and got it signed by the auther Brian Lumley on saturday. Thats why i was not at the one day frightfest. I am a massive fan of the the Necroscope series and am told that the film version is coming!
I haven't read necroscope yet no, but i do have 'The whisperer and other tales' - supposed to be a collection of HP Lovecraft type stuff by Brian Lumley. You recommend necroscope then? I may try em. What did you think of Infected?
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Hello Doris! wrote:
My favourite book in the world is The Wasp Factory - its amazing! Gonna have to read it again now!
OOO, I shall look that up immediately at amazon and play....
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

maxmum wrote:
Hello Doris! wrote:
OOO, I shall look that up immediately at amazon and play....
buy it buy it! You wont regret it!! If you can't get it I may have a spare somewhere...
AIRDOG
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by AIRDOG »

maxmum wrote:
I haven't read necroscope yet no, but i do have 'The whisperer and other tales' - supposed to be a collection of HP Lovecraft type stuff by Brian Lumley. You recommend necroscope then? I may try em. What did you think of Infected?

not read infected yet, too many good games out the last couple of months. been abit lazy on the reading front.
the necroscope is amazing, the first story is in 5 books, the whole series is 15 books! his take on the vampire is very intresting and the hero of the books harry keogh is brillant and tragic.
"I never thought of myself as a freak, but I love to freak." ...
gregjames
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by gregjames »

Just finished The Bighead by Edward Lee. A superb piece of work. Texas Chainsaw Massacre-style redneck horror with a deformed inbreed on the rampage in the backwoods. Innumerable acts of perverse and graphic violence. I can only recommend it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: